when will HCDR.Jacob start working on CM7??

Guest cooldfuzion

Guest HCDR.Jacob

By an awful port you mean a CM with almost everything fixed and properly working?

You try too hard to make it official when the first thing to be done is fix it. When you use their fixes on your port, remember the credits then. ;)

I've yet to use a single "fix" from them.

Chances are for wifi, my fix will be similar, but I'll merge the code in properly. And that's not their code anyway, it's qualcomm's. All of their fixes come from qualcomm.

I've fixed things based on my knowledge from the 2 devices I've ported before. Believe it or not, a lot of these things are similar. I don't plan to use their work at any point.

Guest t0mm13b

This made me laugh.

Who cares if it's official or not. First, it has to be bugfree, decent and proper for daily use. Then you tune it for merging without ****** up the rest. One good example is the hilariously awful job on ZTE Blade's CM7. It's official yay; but it's crap.

While you're busy making it good for merging, dzo and company are fixing and improving it which is the true work.

You better not take any credits for this port. Hell, stay out of it or join them.

Firstly, you sound like talking out of your backside! What with 13 posts under you... pfffftttt....

Secondly, HCDRJacob along with another dev, TomG has done huge work for the benefit of the blade community and for you to thumb your nose and disrespect the tantamount effort, considering HCDRJacob is still in school studying and doing exams, and cramming in the effort to keep the blade community going which may I add, that ZTE have taken a huge interest in the forum and have a resident member from ZTE Europe. So you are not in a position to sit there and throw the quotation "hilariously awful job on ZTE Blade's CM7", you sir are an idiot!

Thirdly, the ZTE Blade community is a helluva lot more vibrant thanks to HCDRJacob and TomG so my advice to you sir, is stay out and troll elsewhere /me points over to xda and leave him alone!

Capisce!

Guest noein

I've yet to use a single "fix" from them.

Chances are for wifi, my fix will be similar, but I'll merge the code in properly. And that's not their code anyway, it's qualcomm's. All of their fixes come from qualcomm.

I've fixed things based on my knowledge from the 2 devices I've ported before. Believe it or not, a lot of these things are similar. I don't plan to use their work at any point.

Nice, good to know you'll do this "properly" then:

(I'll be watching and laughing anyway, open-source is a bitch)

work:

3d + ril + bluetooth

big bug fixed:

Timing auto reboot fixed,thanks stockwell help find bug

sdcard fixed

sensors fixed

audio fixed,thanks dzo help

wifi fixed,thanks dzo an HCDRJacob

video fixed

light fixed

GPS fixed,2D issue fixed(thanks stockwell),TouchScreen fixed(from dzo)

Edited by noein

Guest Phoenix Silver

Firstly, you sound like talking out of your backside! What with 13 posts under you... pfffftttt....

Secondly, HCDRJacob along with another dev, TomG has done huge work for the benefit of the blade community and for you to thumb your nose and disrespect the tantamount effort, considering HCDRJacob is still in school studying and doing exams, and cramming in the effort to keep the blade community going which may I add, that ZTE have taken a huge interest in the forum and have a resident member from ZTE Europe. So you are not in a position to sit there and throw the quotation "hilariously awful job on ZTE Blade's CM7", you sir are an idiot!

Thirdly, the ZTE Blade community is a helluva lot more vibrant thanks to HCDRJacob and TomG so my advice to you sir, is stay out and troll elsewhere /me points over to xda and leave him alone!

Capisce!

I agree with all your points :)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Nice, good to know you'll do this "properly" then:

(I'll be watching and laughing anyway, open-source is a bitch)

Well done on pasting their changelog. Do you want a gold star or something?

I will be doing it properly, and we'll be getting official releases, nightlies, ROM Manager support and the whole package. You know, you should shut your little noob mouth. I'm the one on the CM team, you're the little forum troll. Don't tell me how to do this.

Guest That-Guy

I will be doing it properly, and we'll be getting official releases, nightlies, ROM Manager support and the whole package. You know, you should shut your little noob mouth. I'm the one on the CM team, you're the little forum troll. Don't tell me how to do this.

Well Said!

Keep up the great work Jacob :)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Well Said!

Keep up the great work Jacob :)

Thanks. Nice to know their is some sanity round here. Seen the progress I posted on twitter?

Guest HCDR.Jacob

I agree with all your points :)

Oh, one more thing.

If I was just copying them, don't you think I'd have got more done by now?

Guest k0zmic

Capisce!

Please don't send him over to XDA there's enough of him already. A bridge would be more suitable :D.

I find CM7 is great on the Blade, Jacob and Tom G have done an excellent job. It'll only get better when ZTE releases .35 kernel source.

Good luck with the U8800 and thank you for all the work on the Blade.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest noein

Oeps, seems like I struck someone's nerve. Also, a big /facepalm to all your girlfriends coming here.

And again, thanks for entertaining me and everyone who I'm showing this. "I'm the one on the CM team" - could this be even more hilarious? By the way, that's called a fallacy. Quite sad resorting to that.

Anyway dude, sure, do it properly. I'm just saying, a load of things were fixed while you were still trying to "print bacon" and getting frustrating for not going well for days. I'll be here the whole process and I'll be here to look at your *hand-made and better than any* fixes.

Like I said, ZTE Blade's CM7 is at best, unimpressive. Your girlfriends might disagree but sorry.

Edited by noein

Guest That-Guy

Thanks. Nice to know their is some sanity round here. Seen the progress I posted on twitter?

Just had a look now and impressed :)

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Oeps, seems like I struck someone's nerve. Also, a big /facepalm to all your girlfriends coming here.

And again, thanks for entertaining me and everyone who I'm showing this. "I'm the one on the CM team" - could this be even more hilarious? By the way, that's called a fallacy. Quite sad resorting to that.

Anyway dude, sure, do it properly. I'm just saying, a load of things were fixed while you were still trying to "print bacon" and getting frustrating for not going well for days. I'll be here the whole process and I'll be here to look at your *hand-made and better than any* fixes.

Like I said, ZTE Blade's CM7 is at best, unimpressive. Your girlfriends might disagree but sorry.

I'm not resorting to fallacies at all. Just saying that I have a better understanding of you of what makes a proper port different from a hackjob from a cyanogenmod perspective (merging it in etc.)

And yeah, I had problems when I started, but they've gone now, and I'm making pretty quick progress now.

Anyway, I've had enough of people like you for today. Thanks for making my evening a more entertaining one.

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Just had a look now and impressed :)

Hopefully I'll have nightlies in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully stable builds before I go away.

Guest noein

I'm not resorting to fallacies at all. Just saying that I have a better understanding of you of what makes a proper port different from a hackjob from a cyanogenmod perspective (merging it in etc.)

And yeah, I had problems when I started, but they've gone now, and I'm making pretty quick progress now.

Anyway, I've had enough of people like you for today. Thanks for making my evening a more entertaining one.

Nice, a calmer attitude. Not that RAGEOMG ME>YOU, STFU childish crap anymore. Good, this way is easier.

Bottomline and what I've been trying to say is: there's no use for an official CM if it's not working properly and tuned for the device.

While undoubtedly you're the most apt for merging it, you certainly are a slow poke when it comes to fixing; your ego might disagree but it's true, face it. I don't get why you're so happy of having RIL working when it's been working since 11th of May. You just come across like an attention-whore fishing for @HCDR.Jacob AWESOME!. (and don't make me look at the code for differences if you're going to state you did it "properly")

That being said, it's better if you cooperate with dzo, genokolar and stockwell. Dzo especially has rewritten some libs and drivers that are to your and every u8800 user' interest. Be stubborn and release a crappy CM or join them and it'll come out something good. There's a word for this, it's called: synergy.

P.S. I'm loving all the zomgrage and these -points. I even had one twitter password reset request. It's pathetic. Oh well, dogs are like that, they follow blindlessly and they're stupid. Next time I'll think twice about leaving a modaco's pretty boy sad :( - not.

Edited by noein

Guest hecatae

This made me laugh.

Who cares if it's official or not. First, it has to be bugfree, decent and proper for daily use. Then you tune it for merging without ****** up the rest. One good example is the hilariously awful job on ZTE Blade's CM7. It's official yay; but it's crap.

While you're busy making it good for merging, dzo and company are fixing and improving it which is the true work.

You better not take any credits for this port. Hell, stay out of it or join them.

laughing at the do not take any credits, HCDRJacob is a CyanogenMod dev, lets check the thread on xda:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1068766

Credits: Dzo, stockwell, genokolar, CM

CM is short for CyanogenMod, so the CyanogenMod devs are already being credited, so HCDRJacob is already being credited for all of his work on the CM Source that helps the current rom boot

Guest Phoenix Silver

Oo girfriends ? wtf

You haven't answered what is it not correct in CM7 blade.

If you are so good why not to write code and help the community

It's like a young boy who say "Oh no i don't like this rom, not good enough for me"

Guest t0mm13b

Oo girfriends ? wtf

It's like a young boy who say "Oh no i don't like this rom, not good enough for me"

You've said it in one... exactly... :)

So to the troller, oops sorry, whatsyernameagain - what exactly have you done for the community apart from troll-baiting and getting everyone to drag down to the level of where you come from - the gutter - oh yes, indeed sir, all we have to do is wipe your sh!t off the soles of our shoes and wipe them off the side of the gutter - where you come from!

Guest noein

Oo girfriends ? wtf

I finished here with this post. You've might as well quoted that one since it's the last.

Anyway, what're you doing here? You have an u8800 or you got offended for someone saying Blade's CM7 has a hilarious performance for a 2.3 MSM7227 ROM?

752661.jpg

But please, stop it!

I actually think trolling is boasting: RIL WORKING, I'M THE MAN when it's been working since 11th of May and he had nothing to do with it.

Buh, I'm done here. All I see are fanboys whose "landmark" has been criticized. 4 people posting, 3 quoting me full of rage, 3 holders of ZTE Blade.

So goddamn pathetic.

Edited by noein

Guest Özgürce

Users have a choice for select they softwares. We (at least i) try all of ports. And select the one that suits my requiretments.

There is no Jacob mod now, when it released, you can complain he stole things or not.

I'm not taking side, my intentionnot the attack anyone.

I really waited for good releases, that kind of things just makes me sad.

Edited by Özgürce

Guest ADAMRNZ

Not sure what noein is trying to achieve here, He seems like a s***-stirrer to me. He could have made his points without being such an arse.

Keep up the good work Jacob.

Also continue to keep us informed of progress via twitter the more the better =D. I love following progress of development.

Cheers