A couple of thing for a bit of Newbie! - Interesting tho! (I think)

Guest guts118

Guest guts118

Hi,

I am a bit new to this stuff, but I think I know what I'm talking about. I just bought an orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade), and it came with android 2.1 (orange stock rom). I believe it is OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.

Now I wanted to change to a better rom, but first I backed-up with clockwork. I have done this. But I want to know where the backup is and then I can put it somewhere safe. Also, I can upload this stock rom (B10), because it doesn't seem to be in the list of stock roms on this forum.

Also, I am currently using Swedish Spring RLS5. Do you think that there is a better rom out there? Possible a gingerbread rom?

My phone is GEN1, but I guess I can turn it into a GEN2.

Any Advice is very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Jon

Guest k0zmic

The backup would be be in Clockworkmod/backup.

IMO SS RLS5 is the best Froyo ROM, you could try the Ginger Leak by Wbaw since that's pretty stable.

Yeah, just use one of the TPT methods pinned and read the instructions carefully.

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi,

I am a bit new to this stuff, but I think I know what I'm talking about. I just bought an orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade), and it came with android 2.1 (orange stock rom). I believe it is OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10.

Now I wanted to change to a better rom, but first I backed-up with clockwork. I have done this. But I want to know where the backup is and then I can put it somewhere safe. Also, I can upload this stock rom (B10), because it doesn't seem to be in the list of stock roms on this forum.

Also, I am currently using Swedish Spring RLS5. Do you think that there is a better rom out there? Possible a gingerbread rom?

My phone is GEN1, but I guess I can turn it into a GEN2.

Any Advice is very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Jon

It would be very helpful if you upload this stock ROM. I don't know how -never did one.

I had B10, but then without back up I switched and now whenever I need to go back, I use B20 (updated after B10).

Also, most likely your phone is OLED, but check that it's not a TFT. If unsure, please make sure you only use ROM that are marked for both OLED/TFT.

Guest guts118

Hi,

Well I can upload my original orange B10 stock rom to this forum, but I need instructions on how to do this.

Also, do you think I should upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3? And if so, which 2.3 rom is the best?

Many Thanks

Jon

Guest rockstarszzzz
Hi,

Well I can upload my original orange B10 stock rom to this forum, but I need instructions on how to do this.

Also, do you think I should upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3? And if so, which 2.3 rom is the best?

Many Thanks

Jon

Go 2.3 --> Ginger Stir Fry beta 9.

I am mirroring it on 4shared in few seconds. So you can do direct TPT upgrade from GEN1 TO GEN2 and straight away have 2.3 on it! :) Check wbaw's GSF thread.

Guest guts118

I've just gone to Ginger Stir Fry beta 9 and everything is going well.

I will keep an eye out for any new ROM releases.

Cheers

Jon

Guest bertybassett

+1 for Ginger Stir fry is the best

because you'll get 2 days of use from it, where as cyanmod only get 1 day of use.

• 1 month later...
Guest guts118

Hi,

Thanks for all you're help before.

I currently running Ginger Stir Fry beta 9 and everything is going well.

Have there been any newer mode releases. Has Ginger Stir Fry been updated?

An also, do you still think Ginger Stir Fry is the best ROM to go for? Or are there any newer ones?

Cheers

Jon