ZTE vs other brand phone

Guest swisstourist

Guest swisstourist

I mean, com'on guys, a phone cost over 500$ when you can get the ZTE for 120$.!!!

why so many people buy these expensive sony, iphones, samsung when they can get ZTE and do exactly the same thing!

what a rip off from these companies!

are people too rich, or too stupid, or ignorent to know the ZTE blade exists!!!????

last day i went to a swiss shop, only expensive phones, no less than 600 francs (700$), and then I took the train, and on the bench, there were 3 kids, 2 with iphone 4, 1 with ipod.

the top of the scam is the ihone4, 1000$ and more.

I though it 's crisis time?!!! apparently people have well to much money. We should increase tax!

Edited by swisstourist

Guest Jekle
I mean, com'on guys, a phone cost over 500$ when you can get the ZTE for 120$.!!!

why so many people buy these expensive sony, iphones, samsung when they can get ZTE and do exactly the same thing!

are people too rich, or too stupid, or ignorent to know the ZTE blade exists!!!????

last day i went to a swiss shop, only expensive phones, no less than 600 francs (700$), and then I took the train, and on the bench, there were 3 kids, 2 with iphone 4, 1 with ipod.

I though it 's crisis time?!!! apparently people have well to much money. We should increase tax!

What drugs are you on again?

Guest Tom Kitchen

It's not a rip off when you compare specs, take a htc Sensation for example, containing a 1.2ghz dual core processor, compared to a measly 600 mhz single core one. Although by no means perfect, its 8 megapixel sensor is far superior to our blade's, it is also capable of shooting 1080p video. These comparisons could continue, better gpu, front facing camera, better res and bigger screen, gorilla glass not plastic display, aluminium unibody compared to plastic, larger battery, shipped with gingerbread.

The other thing that people like is the build quality, buying an htc ensures a good build quality where as buying a zte doesn't.

Part of the cost comes from having to manufacture better hardware, the other extra cost comes from the need for development to make a flagship phone.

Guest iNoobz2Droid

as it was already said you can't compare them because blade has outdated and lowend hardware

but i see your point somehow that for most tasks it does the same as the expensive ones

the difference is just that you need to be a bit of a geek to get the blade to its full potential (custom roms, modifying build.props for games etc.)

i hope ZTE will bring out a good armv7++ phone with around of 1Ghz for low price in Q4 this year

and iphone is just an other world - imho one must be really stupid to buy one

Guest chealsearock
What drugs are you on again?

LOL!

It's not a rip off when you compare specs, take a htc Sensation for example, containing a 1.2ghz dual core processor, compared to a measly 600 mhz single core one. Although by no means perfect, its 8 megapixel sensor is far superior to our blade's, it is also capable of shooting 1080p video. These comparisons could continue, better gpu, front facing camera, better res and bigger screen, gorilla glass not plastic display, aluminium unibody compared to plastic, larger battery, shipped with gingerbread.

The other thing that people like is the build quality, buying an htc ensures a good build quality where as buying a zte doesn't.

Part of the cost comes from having to manufacture better hardware, the other extra cost comes from the need for development to make a flagship phone.

Thats true

as it was already said you can't compare them because blade has outdated and lowend hardware

but i see your point somehow that for most tasks it does the same as the expensive ones

the difference is just that you need to be a bit of a geek to get the blade to its full potential (custom roms, modifying build.props for games etc.)

i hope ZTE will bring out a good armv7++ phone with around of 1Ghz for low price in Q4 this year

and iphone is just an other world - imho one must be really stupid to buy one

LOL!

Guest q123456

yeah yeah all true, but what's about wildfire? It hve only build quality, that is good, rest is awful and ppls still buys those 'things', why?

It's because ZTE is almost no name, and everybody knows that chinese noname = s***. That's why they prefer to buy more prestigious brands.

ZTE needs to keep up the good work and then after some time maybe it join to the 'big' brands

Edited by q123456

Guest razer_d

I think the better question is: Do people really need that kind of power in their phones? Is it really worth the insane cost of an Iphone or a Samsung galaxy S2? The ZTE Blade offers just about every feature you would need in a smartphone even if it doesn't have the edge in raw performance.

Also, if you put your phone in a silicon case, buld quality becoms a moot point.

Edited by razer_d

Guest swisstourist
I think the better question is: Do people really need that kind of power in their phones? Is it really worth the insane cost of an Iphone or a Samsung galaxy S2? The ZTE Blade offers just about every feature you would need in a smartphone even if it doesn't have the edge in raw performance.

Also, if you put your phone in a silicon case, buld quality becoms a moot point.

let's see if my drug is of good quality???

It's not a rip off when you compare specs, take a htc Sensation for example, containing a 1.2ghz dual core processor, compared to a measly 600 mhz single core one.

well mine can go to 800mhz. not very far from 1ghz at 700$

Although by no means perfect, its 8 megapixel sensor is far superior to our blade's, it is also capable of shooting 1080p video.

to shot 1080 to put on youtube, what do you need that really? 8 megapixels to print small pictures, 3 can do the same and take less memory

These comparisons could continue, better gpu, front facing camera, better res and bigger screen, gorilla glass not plastic display, aluminium unibody compared to plastic, larger battery, shipped with gingerbread.

front facing camera? what's the use for? I have never seen anybody to use front facing!!!

mine has 2.2, soon 2.3.

and ZTE has gorilla glass like the wildfire, but they dont say it.

if i drop my zte, i can change the back cover for 4$...the plastic is the best and the lightest on this market.

plastic is good, it s light, and easy to replace. I thinkfuny when people say plastic=cheap=crap.

what do you want an iphone made of diamond like Vertu?weighting 250grams?

all hardwate comes from the same chinese companies, even apple is chinese, and done by samsung.the blade has the same quality as an iphone.all you pay extra is nice shops(like apple), nice advertise in the bus, street, and ad in the magazine... this is what you pay for...800$ for advertising and 10'000$ rent in new york shop (or london)and you get a 20$ phone in return, yeah this is what a phone cost to produce.20 miserable bucks that you go to pay 700$!!!!!

development??? my butt!! developed by some chinese engineers paid a bowl of rice, who sleep under their computer at night.

Ipad2 by example dont worth more than 100$.ipad4 much less, and a iphone 3GS, maybe 15$ piece.

to resume

zte rocks!!!at least, they dont ripoff us for once.

ah, do you know how much cost the micro USB cable here in Switzerland.... 30 francs, over 35$, what a rippoff!!!! Switzerland is the most rippoff country in the world!!! and over 25$ for a stupid pouch! and 35$ for a nokia charger,....what a bunch of sheep!

Edited by swisstourist

Guest k0zmic
let's see if my drug is of good quality???

to shot 1080 to put on youtube, what do you need that really? 8 megapixels to print small pictures, 3 can do the same and take less memory

front facing camera? what's the use for? I have never seen anybody to use front facing!!!

mine has 2.2, soon 2.3.

if i drop my zte, i can change the back cover for 4$...the plastic is the best and the lightest on this market.

plastic is good, it s light, and easy to replace. I thinkfuny when people say plastic=cheap=crap.

all hardwate comes from the same chinese companies, even apple is chinese, and done by samsung.the blade has the same quality as an iphone.all you pay extra is nice shops(like apple), nice advertise in the bus, street, and ad in the magazine... this is what you pay for...800$ for advertising and 10'000$ rent in new york shop (or london)and you get a 20$ phone in return, yeah this is what a phone cost to produce.20 miserable bucks that you go to pay 700$!!!!!

development??? my butt!! developed by some chinese engineers paid a bowl of rice, who sleep under their computer at night.

Ipad2 by example dont worth more than 100$.ipad4 much less, and a iphone 3GS, maybe 15$ piece.

to resume

zte rocks!!!at least, they dont ripoff us for once.

ah, do you know how much cost the micro USB cable here in Switzerland.... 30 francs, over 35$, what a rippoff!!!! Switzerland is the most rippoff country in the world!!! and over 25$ for a stupid pouch! and 35$ for a nokia charger,....what a bunch of sheep!

Sure, but it's not ARM v7 which most high end phones are.

Some people might use to take pictures of their family, cat or when they're on holiday.

Front facing camera for erm video calls maybe?

The plastic is cheap and it feels cheap, yes it's durable but it's tacky IMO.

If I had the money I'd want a diamond phone to show off, simple as. Flash the cash as they say.

Blade has same quality as iPhone
Deluded much?

You also get customer service, guaranteed updates and most accessories. Looking for a desk clock for the Blade? Good luck.

Those prices sound like retail. Heard of Amazon or eBay?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest q123456

ok, but don't compare clock by clock. Snapdragon is newer - it can do much more per cycle.

Same story took place when P4 2.5Ghz was kicked by Atholn xp clocked at about 1.8GHz

that aint glass, it's plastic. yeah, plastic in blade is good quality, but i prefer unibody made of aluminim or magnesium alloy

for the rest, i agree

Some people might use to take pictures of their family, cat or when they're on holiday.

More Mpix = more noise. Simple

No need 8Mpix or more - why for? You wanna print posters?

Edited by q123456

Guest leopesto

please, calm you, or people will think swiss are stupids :)

go to a swisscom, sunrise, orange shop and touch this 500chf phones... just try them.. then take the blade... would you really tell me the blade is faster???

surely the blade has a good relationship price/hardware, but for 120chf you get hardware for 120chf....

look at the lg optimux 2x, it's 420chf, but it's another world...

finally we have iphone... that's just for stupid people (I don't understand why you don't have one :rolleyes: )... I've eard people that when I tell them "why you don't buy an android one? with your data plan you can get one really fast for free" they answer me things like "no, because I want the games" but badword wait, you need an iphone for play angry birds and plants vs zombies??? you really need to pay 200chf + 600chf in data plan when you can play them really good with a phone like the blade that costs 120chf... that's all, iphone users are stupid, but what you wanna do? I'm just happy with my blade, don't matter what other people do....

Leo

Guest mk_kev

To an extent I agree with swisstourist.

When you buy a known brand you are paying on top for the marketing budget.

I also do not think that Apple support is that good - I have heard a few horror stories there.

Most people in the UK tend to buy through their network offshoot and hence they are the first port of call when things go wrong. Therefore this first line of support is going to vary for an identical piece of hardware.

The big plus about the OSF/blade is the screen - to me it is comparable to any other smart phone and significantly better than any in the same price bracket (£75-120). I do not think it matters if it is glass or plastic - it is likely you will put a plastic protector on it anyway. The back is a little cheap looking but is suprsingly strong - unlike some nokias / sony erricsons I have had. I mean since I got into Android I must have taken the back off at least 50 times without mishap - works for me.

The camera is OK for casual shots though not fantastic - no worse than my old Sony Cybershot phone. The big dissapointment is video quality.

For browsing it is quick enough for me - except that there are few youtube vids it will frustratingly not play.

The music player is adequate if not fantastic.

The biggest headache I have is the poor wifi - I cannot connect from various locations in my house which is not large! I went to the Hardrock 40th Concert in Hyde Park this time last week and my daughter could connect to wifi no problem on her old Sony w580 but I could not even pick up the wifi network. We are both on the same network - go figure that.

FM radio was a joke on my previous OSF so I have not yet even tried it on my replacement.

I also think calls could be clearer - but I have heard that the iphone can be poor with this.

Would I pay 4 times as much for an iphone if I could afford it - no - would spend the money on a blue ray player and another internet radio.

Guest Psyloid

First i owned an iphone 3, because let's face it android has only been good since 2.2 and i bought the iphone second hand for around the price of a new blade, so it was a good deal at the time.

I really liked it then, but i never liked apple, in fact i hate that company and everything it stands for.

I happen to work at an aftersales dept. of a shop that sells phones and i can tell you customer service of apple and in fact all major brands is horrible, so you don't wanna go pay more extra for a phone because you think service will be better, in fact most of the times the more unknown brands have a better service, like i can swap stuff imediatly for the customer instead of sending it in for 6 weeks and get it back and hope they fixed it. Because sometimes unlucky customers have to send their stuff in for 4 times of 6 weeks before they swap it.Even for 36€ nokia's they spend so much time and money before they swap.

That's unbelievable.

But anyway, The Iphone died and i wanted an android phone on a budget, so i found the Blade.

I frst tried someones Wildfire for a week and i thought it was crap. I wanted something better, which i found :)

I think it is the best value phone of this moment.

In fact i prefer it over the iphone.

I personally think it looks the part as well, it resembles very much a HTC phone Imo, the plastic of the screen is good quality and it's sturdy, i dropped it several times already, the gorilla glass on the iphone shattered from one drop ...

I like plastic better, it's sturdier and with a screen protector on, it looks very good

I must admit the iphone HAS more nice games in the market, but Android market is getting big, and many good things get released

The 3d on the blade is also worse than the iphone, but the blade has so much more, better wifi, better signal, android (which is so tweakable, and i am pro Google), better screen,

I will never prefer an iphone anymore over a good android phone, and this is one :rolleyes:

Edited by Psyloid

Guest Tom Kitchen

The sensation can be overclocked to at least 1.267 ghz from a quick google, but as a previous poster mentioned, clock speed cannot be compared like for like. Also bear in mind that the blade is arm 6.

to shot 1080p to put on youtube, what do you need that really?

Again, missing the point, although that's just a number, video on our blades is appalling, and the sensation simply can't be compared to it.

8 megapixels to print small pictures, 3 can do the same and take less memory

Likewise, That wasn't the point, you can get a 3 megapixel sensory superior to an 8 megapixel one, however in this instance, the sensations in leagues better.

the blade has a plastic screen

No, that would not improve the specs of it or the build quality, it would be pointless.

You obviously don't understand how expensive development is, and the Chinese companies sell better chips/sensors/materials for more, otherwise the blade would contain these.Most development however happens in the developed world.

Guest dsig

Of course, phones are overpriced. That's happened to all technology gadgets at their time. Remember PCs in the 1980's? Digital cameras ten years ago? Now these are commodities.

As long as there's healthy market growth for a certain kind of product, manufacturers enjoy their fat margins and consumers are ripped off. When market saturates and smartphones become commodities — all of them will cost like the Blade (or cheaper).

Guest finbaar

when Sony launched the PS3 it was losing about 50$ for each unit sold. So sometimes companies do sell below cost. If you want the latest phone, with the latest spec then it will cost more. Last year the SGS was £500 and now it is £250. The SGSII however is £500 but next year.... I suppose the question is why has the Blade not fallen in price as much? The answer is of course it was already old and cheap without much room for price reduction.

Guest Anil k Solanki

Another classic post from the "swisstourist". I really do enjoy your post's. They are either totally naive, or completely deluded, and sometimes something in between. You must be either; 1. 12 years old, or 2. A 42 year old anthropology lecturer. Please tell us which, on second thought. Keep it a secret, your post's have more delusion this way.

Thank you. Anil.

PS. I just want to assure the others I am not defaming you, or in any way wish to insult you. But the banality of your questions begs a response, which I suppose is the point of your posts in the first place. I wish you well.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Guest deksman2

I don't think his posts are 'deluded'.

Most of the hardware on the market today IS well overpriced.

Predominantly because of the brand name (that alone will shoot the price upwards).

Second, companies have to look into making profit (that's their primary function), so in order to turn profits, they have to set a price tag that surpasses their initial expenditure.

However, we have to take into account the premise that a lot of companies expenditure on a product is very low when compared to how much the final price is.

Furthermore, the ZTE Blade does contain for all accounts and purposes 'outdated' hardware (though it's certainly enough to cover most functions of an Android OS).

Build quality is very relative.

Just because something is expensive doesn't make it better.

I purchased a lot of hardware that could be considered 'cheap' and a lot of people thought it would fail very fast, and in fact, the lifespan of my 'cheap' hardware surpassed the lifespan of their more expensive hardware.

There are numerous factors to take into account when you are buying hardware.

First off is how the user is treating their purchase (in most situations- however, not all, you have people who end up with banged up hardware due to something THEY did). Second is maintenance (an overlooked factor).

Granted, there are numerous cases of hardware being faulty due to the manufacturer.

My ZTE Blade on the other hand (white one) works perfectly fine for the past 4 months (I bought it in late February), and I can tell you that it already went through a couple of falls on the ground (which were an accident), and still it continues to work fine.

Anyway... it comes down to numerous factors, but I agree that most companies do in fact overprice their products severely.

Predominantly due to greed and desire for profit, plus the inexperience of majority of consumers who purchase the products because they don't really know it's actual value.

Guest hugobosslives
Another classic post from the "swisstourist". I really do enjoy your post's. They are either totally naive, or completely deluded, and sometimes something in between. You must be either; 1. 12 years old, or 2. A 42 year old anthropology lecturer. Please tell us which, on second thought. Keep it a secret, your post's have more delusion this way.

Thank you. Anil.

PS. I just want to assure the others I am not defaming you, or in any way wish to insult you. But the banality of your questions begs a response, which I suppose is the point of your posts in the first place. I wish you well.

no need to defend yourself m8.

this guy has already had numerous threads closed and been banned from posting for a couple if days handheld only joined recently.

Guest swisstourist
no need to defend yourself m8.

this guy has already had numerous threads closed and been banned from posting for a couple if days handheld only joined recently.

(" mod, bouhhh, swisstourist posts thing I dont like to read , bouhhh, ban him, bouhouhouhou!!!!")