Battery Life

Guest Xann

Guest Xann

Just curious, how long does the battery lasts for you guys...?

Mine can last a day. When I type around 10 text messages, my battery will drop 1 or 2 percent which scares me as I text quite often everday. And yerterday when I was sleeping, my phone drained around 20% of battery, not sure what's wrong, but I did a factory reset this afternoon. Hope everything will be alright, and slowly testing those apps I'd installed for the last few days. =x

Guest Cirno

Well Xann, I am gonna be frank. All smartphones have bad battery life.

I will explain WHY.

1. Smartphones where introduced with the ability to work around with an "advanced" OS, allowing new features such as full scale web browsing, viewing movies(.mp4 and mkv), playing rather advance games, 3d bla bla bla and the list continues. As each generation passes for the smartphone line. The phone became stronger, faster and HUNGRIER. The smartphones evolved faster than the battery line...More or less we have power hunger phones and sloppy battery usage means lots of drain and no way to handle it properly. I mean come on we live in a really advanced period at the moment. How come the battery line be so bad and such. Anways to sum it up.

You either have not calibrated the battery stats I recommend you view That-Guy's guide for instructions and stop worrying about battery life for a smartphone and deal with it, until you can upgrade battery...

Hope this clears it up.

Guest Xann

Haha, true true. Sorry for whining, it's just this is my first smartphone in my entire life.

Yea, I've read and even recommended that method to a guy in other forum, it didn't work for him tho, or maybe it's just normal since OS is getting more advanced and power hungry and yet the battery still... Well, guess I'll have to spare some time to recalibrate my battery then.

Thanks for the clear explanation mate! :)

@That-Guy

Thanks, will use it to find out what's draining my battery. Cheers! :rolleyes:

Edited by Xann

Guest NeostarNeko

...okay a few things I suggest you do is, if you're not using Wifi or Bluetooth then turn them off and use the power control widget to turn them back on when you need them. Also install Watchdog Task Manager Lite and monitor your apps as sometimes you might find the odd one like Skype sucking up serious resources.

Guest Özgürce

If you switch the 3g to 2g, (you can find in settings>wireless bla bla > mobile network> ) it make incredible difference in battery life.

Mine usually cannot end the day, sometimes i charged twice in a one day, but now it seems longer than before.

Guest Simon O

Whenever I install a new ROM I'll fully charge the phone up using the AC adapter for a few hours so it's 100% charged, reboot into recovery then reset the battery stats then unplug the phone from charge. When my phone is at home I leave wifi enabled and connected but whenever I leave the home I always turn wifi off. GPS I usually leave on as it makes little difference to battery life. Also I find that it's best to use manual brightness settings rather than auto brightness. Having done all this I can get a full day out of the battery with wifi connected, and several apps running and checking for updates. It's better than I had with the old Blade, and it's about the same as I got from the Desire.

If I turned wifi off then I'm sure I'd get a couple of days out of the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest l3gionPT

With a normal use of this phone, I can get at least 2 days. When I say normal, I use Wifi, Play Games, Messages and Call..and sometimes GPS while I'm jogging.

That's pretty good.. ;)

Guest Cursed Chico

Hello, i posted questions about that topc.

My charge goes 16 hours without using wifi, wthout blueettoh, some 10-15 taking photos, with playing sudoku for 15-20 minutes, with calling 5-6 times. Is that normal?

Guest Gefjon

I think there might be an issue with this phone and use of the default email client via Exchange server. Specifiing a periode for synchronizing seems to drain a lot of battery, and you might experience some lagging as well. Yesterday, I changes my setup from syncing every 1 hour to Push.

That really made some difference on my phone. Suddenly my battery was no longer close to drained after 18 hours.

Guest Cursed Chico

It was already closed when i posted here so no changing.

When i go to where is my droids power, it shows alot of applications around %1,%2 .