travelbug

how secure are the samsung hubs?

4 posts in this topic

im new to the android community but ive been hearing some stories about security concerns and hacking in mobile phones.

i really wanted to setup a free vpn on my sg2 but i havent found any free alternatives that work. i use proxpn on my laptop, but unfortunately the free version doesnt support vpn on mobile devices.

so short of using a vpn, are the samsung hubs safe? do they transmit data via https?

no one has any idea?

I froze all the hubs with Titanium as I don't see the point of them, apparently you can get more battery life out of the thing if you freeze all of the hub apps.

I froze all the hubs with Titanium as I don't see the point of them, apparently you can get more battery life out of the thing if you freeze all of the hub apps.

I actually like the social hub as i like having all my communication messages and feeds under one suite.

Just wondering if it uses ssl or some other form of encryption while sending data