Battery drain

Guest okku56

Guest okku56

Similar topics are maybe here, but i still ask why my battery drain out 12h without doing anything . It have to be many days. I have cm 7 latest version.

Sry bad English.

Guest Atomix86

Well first off, CM is known to be a battery killer, but aside from that, your best bet is to see that no background apps are draining battery on top of CM. A good app to install is Juice Defender, it really does make a difference.

Guest okku56

In Spare Parts my screen is 4.5% and running is 100%, i have been changed en button behavior to Go to sleep. Sometimes if i unplug my phone and reboot, then running is 5.0%. Does anybody know issues??

Sry bad english.

Guest Kthulhu

NOt know much about CM7 in galaxy S.

But there is an app called Watchdog that monitor app CPU usage , and may be usefull to check if some app is getting out of control in you phone.

Guest okku56

NOt know much about CM7 in galaxy S.

But there is an app called Watchdog that monitor app CPU usage , and may be usefull to check if some app is getting out of control in you phone.

I have that app and nothig takes over 10% when phone is sleeping. It seems that my phone can't go to sleep

Guest timmeh.timmeh.timmeh

Go to:

Settings -> About phone -> Battery use

if you're running a Gingerbread kernel you'll see a good breakdown of what is using your battery up.

if Android OS is running at more than 5% (possibly up to 75%) then you have the Android OS bug..

this is at least a place to start.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

CM7 has improved a lot lately.

Try to update your version with the latest, it doesn't have that much of a drain.

Also remember that all data connections also drain the phone for a decent amount.

If you're still having problems after that, you should consider wiping your data (factory reset and clear dalvic cache).

Start from there and add programs if you need them (monitor the difference in battery usage so you know what could be causing problems).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest akkubhai

I use a Samsung Galaxy S and have been facing same battery draining issues over time.

I though that the new ICS update will enhance my battery and phone, but i was much more distracted after knowing that i wont be able to update my device.

now i have no other option to change this device.

Since Nokia is always been into the lime light for its battery output and also i need a smartphone, so i tried the Nokia Lumia.

I am very impressed with this device.

The Lumia is much backed by battery and i now have a big customized screen.

• 1 month later...
Guest john.smith