• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Website Update - Monday 11th July 2011

253 posts in this topic

Posted

Well done Paul! The desktop version may take a while to get used to, but I'm loving the mobile interface. It works great on both my Palm Pre 2 and my HTC Desire!

Thanks for the great forum and managing a great community!

Posted

I have also problems with DST... I have UTC+2(Kaliningrad, South Africa - yeah right, we small nordics are not people also :D), but it is summer it should be +1 more... the setting doesn't work. I tried to log in again...

Using latest Opera builds (the change hell of a lot :) .

Posted

After using it for this short time, I'm not a huge fan of the desktop changes. Particularly (IMO) the complexity of the icons in front of each forum thread is "over-complex" and not as useful as the simplicity of the old icons. I suppose I'll get used to them, but I don't see the "added value" at this point.

Posted

Sorry but the new look is pig ugly (way too complex) and breaks badly in chrome - massive amounts of white space between header and content. The mobile version is just as bad, I used to visit several times a day but I just drop in occasionally now, purely down to the new skin. Nasty.

Posted (edited)

If breadcrumbs are too wide for the browser width (minus margins and column with the MoDaCo logo) then you end up with a lot of white space that you have to scroll through to get to the content.

For example, this topic has a breadcrumb trail of "Android @ MoDaCo » Device Specific - Phones » ZTE » ZTE Blade / Libra - Blade.MoDaCo.com » ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation"

If my browser window is wider than approx 1050 pixels then everything is fine (see 1st attachment).

but, if I reduce the width of the window a bit then I have to scroll through two windows worth to get to the content (see next 3 attachments).

(note how the breadcrumbs have moved to the end of the white space and stick out past the main column in the last screenshot).

I get this with Firefox 5, IE9 and the latest Chrome.

This may not have been obvious as many people maximise their browser window (I don't) but I have noticed that the title of announcement topics is also included in the breadcrumbs which causes the problem even if the browser window is maximised (on my 1600 pixel width monitor) - e.g. here.

post-812805-0-02947400-1312389227_thumb.

post-812805-0-06510100-1312389228_thumb.

post-812805-0-98086800-1312389228_thumb.

post-812805-0-95068800-1312389229_thumb.

Edited by nrev

Posted (edited)

While constructing the above post I noticed that attachments greater than approx. 128MB in size can't be uploaded.

Using the flash uploader I get the error:

Upload Skipped (Error403)

Using the basic uploader I get something quite weird (see screenshot). It displays a scrollbar and and image saying "one more step to access android modaco.com" ! :)

post-812805-0-25293600-1312391120_thumb.

edit: This only seems to happen to jpg images - gif and png files do not show the same problem, neither do zip files.

Edited by nrev

Posted

post-19680-0-00773600-1312500905_thumb.p

if you look at recent topics on the right hand side, who ever posts in "CyanogenMod 7 is now GEN 2 only" also shows as posting in "An experimental CM7 Kernel" and "ZTE Blade Stock Updates"

forum seems to pull the username from the first topic in the ZTE Blade rom forum and paste it on to any other topics from the same forum

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but on Netbooks because of the low screen res, and lengthy title page of the ZTE Blade ROM forums, there's a large white gap you have to scroll past, approx. two screen lengths, before you get to the forum posts.

EDIT: Actually, nrev's post (#230) is a perfect example of this.

Edited by Matthew Ferguson

Posted (edited)

Sorry but the new look is pig ugly (way too complex) and breaks badly in chrome - massive amounts of white space between header and content. The mobile version is just as bad, I used to visit several times a day but I just drop in occasionally now, purely down to the new skin. Nasty.

I agree on the "white space" I thought that I had failed to get to the forum I wanted, it was only on the third try that I realised it was all way down below a great white nothing. I used to use the forum regularly but am now disinclined to use it. Why do those great white spaces appear?

I'm using Chrome if that is relevant.

Edited by Mikeandme

Posted

login via Tapatalk isn't possible for me. Is it the ' in my user name?

Posted

Hi Paul

I still cannot post from my Vega and still cannot change "skins and languages" [Vega]

Thanks

T.

Posted

My Omnia II will not charge with some 12v dc (red charge light will not come on), wall plug and some USB chargers.. It seems to vary all the time whether the unit will charge or not.. Some times I have to power off the unit and charge it that way overnight. What do I need to do to make sure it charges at ANY time? Have read the threads but still do not seem to have answer. And YES, I have upgraded the firmware.. BTW, this is the WORST phone I have ever had.. Looking forward to December when I can dump it..

Posted

Minor thing, using FF5 the tab order for the login pane is username, click for lost password, password.

Would be more friendly to us keyboard die-hards if it were username, password, whatever...;)

Other than that, I really like the new theme.

Andy

Posted

Paul, any chance to have the white space bug fixed, PLEASE... this is so annoying especially when browsing on phone...

Posted (edited)

Why do those great white spaces appear?

The whitespace appears when the breadcrumb trail is too wide for the main column so it is moved to below the bottom of the sidebar on the right, shifting the main content of the topic down, leaving around 2 windows' worth of whitespace.

A workaround is to hide the sidebar by clicking the left/right double headed arrow to the top right of the modaco guy logo: you will lose the sidebar, but you'll also have no more white space!

Edited by nrev

Posted

What happened to the AppToDate website?

I was able to add a counter to the number of AppToDate users, e.g.

www.apptodate.org/counter.png.php?appname=TouchLockPro

and a link to the number of users and DD's:

www.apptodate.org/stats.php?appname=touchlockpro

However, this is no longer working. Will this be fixed or is there an alternative?

Thanks.

I'll check that out, it looks like that got broken in the migration. TBH, I didn't realise anyone was still using it! ;)

P

Any progress on this AppToDate feature? Looks like it is still broken.

Posted

Hello. I have just bought an Advent Vega Tablet and am totally confused. I only have an old fashioned mobile phone without apps. How do I get apps fon the Vega? I'm sure you've answered this a hundred times before. Please talk to me in plain English! Thank you.

Posted

Seeing as there's been no response on the white space issue I reported the post with the best description of it to a mod. Heard nowt back /tumbleweed

Posted (edited)

If I try to link to a specific post by clicking on the post # it gives the wrong URL. E.g. if I click on post #3958 in Android @ MoDaCo»Device Specific - Phones»ZTE»ZTE Blade / Libra - Blade.MoDaCo.com»ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation»[ROM][Gen2][ZTE-Gingerbread] Ginger Stir Fry it gives a popup with a link to: http://android.modac...ost__p__1785040

Which does not link to the correct post. The correct URL should be something like: http://android.modac.../page__st__3957

Edited by nrev

Posted

Just noticed, Paul seems to have taken the "-1" feedback button away - only "+1" remains

Quite a smart plan imho - some people were getting a bit trigger happy with -1s and I saw at least one poster getting a bit hacked off with always being downranked by a certain other one

If you can't saying anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all eh?

Posted

The issue with white spacing should be reduced a lot. It's not totally resolved but should not affect as many people as it did before.

Posted

The issue with white spacing should be reduced a lot. It's not totally resolved but should not affect as many people as it did before.

It is working well for me - the breadcrumb trail wraps around now and all is fine :)

Posted

I click on the "new posts" icon, particularly in the Blade forum, and the topic opens, but it doesn't take me to the latest post...

Strange, I just tried it and that does seem to work as intended for me, but i'll have a play to see if I can break it. :blink:

I am getting the same problem but only on a minority of threads: this one for example. I am always taken to the last post when I click on the "go to first unread post" icon, even if there are several others I have not yet read.

Posted

Looks nice but the time for charging the page4 is a lot bigger and the performance of the page are very slowly. is to rich in content and and it moves very slowly and i can't see in the settings the posibility to change the theme.