• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Website Update - Monday 11th July 2011

253 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

the mobile site is good readable maybe because of oversaturated and overcontrast of oled (what i miss there is that i cant do pitch to zoom in any browser anymore) except the quotes are broken in android browser and opera mobile .... but to browse on desktop blows now

the best thing to read text is black on white each post/topic separated by some color bars and if you want to play a bit with colors than change either background or textcolor but not both

currently its all just low contrasted greys with attention focusing on userprofiles (due to colors and contrast) rather than on post content

Quotes will be fixed once the background rebuild is done.

P

Posted · Report post

There needs to be clear seperation between the Pinned Topics and "loose" topics, otherwise it gets a bit confusing. Also it isnt clear what the read and non-read topics are, colour contrast is weak.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the input VVZ. Stay tuned as I refine things over the next few days. But beating on poor MoDaCo Dude? Aww.... :blink:

P

Posted · Report post

Tried to upvote Victor's post because everything he says is spot on and this happened... "Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Posted · Report post

Tried to upvote Victor's post because everything he says is spot on and this happened... "Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

Even I can't upvote so I think it's a bug.

Thanks everyone for the reports so far :blink:

Posted · Report post

Voting fixed, MoDaCo dude shrunken, clearer colouring on top options (will make a further change to make if clearer they are breadcrumbs), more 'white' in the background mix, subtle font resizing in the main forums to make announcements slightly more subtle, changed line spacing to fit 'more on screen'... the work continues... :blink:

P

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks for the input VVZ. Stay tuned as I refine things over the next few days. But beating on poor MoDaCo Dude? Aww.... :)

P

Yeah...welllllllll..... it's not the best design in the world, and anyone will say it does stick out like a sore thumb, reallllly.

Also, new feature request. Can the bar at the top (with Recent Topics, Shared Links, Watched Content etc.) be collapsible? It's pretty much devoid of useful content, and just gets in the way. I don't use the features it has, and stuff like "Latest Files" hasn't been updated since late 2010.

Voting fixed, MoDaCo dude shrunken, clearer colouring on top options (will make a further change to make if clearer they are breadcrumbs), more 'white' in the background mix, subtle font resizing in the main forums to make announcements slightly more subtle, changed line spacing to fit 'more on screen'... the work continues... :huh:

P

That's looking better already. Especially the top bar. Good stuff :blink:

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Posted · Report post

VvZ... 'personal pinned topics' = 'my liked content' no?

P

Posted · Report post

VvZ... 'personal pinned topics' = 'my liked content' no?

P

Ah yes, that means the actual infastructure is in place, but I mean actually have one of the panels containing those links, so it's only one click, so you can zip from post to post.I was thinking each of the headers there can roll up, so you can have just what you want. I would, therefore minimize "Useful Links" and have a big "Liked Content" pane

I mean, these are only ideas, I know some of this could be a massive pain in the tits to code.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Are links to zips working? On this guide there is a link to "shrink_cache_sane.zip" but it redirects to an index page.

Posted · Report post

Always get updates and new things to see when I'm working nights, MoDacO dude can't be 90's as it was created around 2003-4 from memory. That was a fun competition with and brings back memories.

Sites working fairly well at work but notice the reply box initially takes a few seconds to display what you have typed.

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately, the new design is all but unusable on my crappy, yet very cheap, netbook (single-core Atom running Firefox on top of Ubuntu).

The graphics are much, much too busy for a low-resolution device such as a netbook and scrolling is glacial at the moment. Personally, I've always hated graphical 'bling' on forums in any case, as content should be king. Anything else gets in the way for me.

Obviously, I understand most people have much faster PCs than me with higher-res screens and their experience will probably be better than mine. The option of a simplified theme would be useful for cheapskates like me. ;)

Probably handy for me that I've recently moved to using a Defy and I only need to check back here to keep my girlfriend's Blade up to date!

Posted · Report post

MoDaCo will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on Monday 11th July 2011.

During the maintenance period the site will be set to 'read only' and you will not be able to post new topics or replies.

The maintenance should be complete and full functionality should be returned by early afternoon.

Thanks for your support! :blink:

P

Hi Paul,

The new look was perfect and much easier transit through the Forum now.

Very good. :)

mureta.

Posted · Report post

And here is my attempt of fixing up a few things. Change of colour on the top, shinking of some things, adding a floating sidebar. Just a "Quick" photoshop job, but I think it's an idea on whence to go.modacoimprovements.jpg

Posted · Report post

I am pretty sure the forum software has also been updated so the theme is bound to change.

One good thing is the forum now has TapaTalk Support :)

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul & all the worker elf's,

Simply wanted to say thanks, this forum has some great users, and the site and general attitude of the "main man" make it very special. There a few rough edges, but that is normal. In my job as a UI designer we NEVER ever use the first iteration. It takes time and a lot of tweaking

One subjective point, another user has also mentioned this, the MoDaCo hoody guy, really? I feel it doesn't convey the great sense of community you get here, just a though. Final thought, the text in the breadcrumb trail at the top left;

breadcrumb_7f7e.jpg

The text should be white, the same as the selected/active section. My apologies if this has already been pointed out to you.

Overall some big hurdles have been crossed, well done to all that have been involved. "We're not worthy!"

Anil.

Hi Paul & all the worker elf's,

Simply wanted to say thanks, this forum has some great users, and the site and general attitude of the "main man" make it very special. There a few rough edges, but that is normal. In my job as a UI designer we NEVER ever use the first iteration. It takes time and a lot of tweaking

One subjective point, another user has also mentioned this, the MoDaCo hoody guy, really? I feel it doesn't convey the great sense of community you get here, just a though. Final thought, the text in the breadcrumb trail at the top left;

breadcrumb_7f7e.jpg

The text should be white, the same as the selected/active section. My apologies if this has already been pointed out to you.

Overall some big hurdles have been crossed, well done to all that have been involved. "We're not worthy!"

Anil.

Errr... Anil, it IS white.

Try refreshing your browser cache, or do a CTRL+F5 refresh.

Tell a lie, it is for me on Windows@MoDaCo, not on Android@MoDaCo. Odd.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Posted · Report post

What are you lot talking about? have you viewed this site on a mobile yet, it finally switches to a mini site yay!!

Posted · Report post

Bugger me! Just using Mobile Version now and its spot on!

Posted · Report post

How can I get the mobile site using opera mini? I've tried clearing cookies but no luck, like the new site btw

Posted · Report post

The main issue I found was that, you're makin' a great job fellows! Congratulations! Sorry, but I couldn't stand without sayin' it

Ricky

Posted · Report post

the new look actually works quite well if you turn images off but leave javascript on - you get performance without losing functionality

Posted · Report post

Is there any way to block people from sending me pms? I get too many & most are totally pointless, they really annoy me, especially with email notifications turned on. I had to turn email notifications off again, it didn't save that setting.

how can I change my nick name?

It must be "用户名已经存在" but it shows "用户名已经� �在"

Edited by 用户名已经

Posted · Report post

how can I change my nick name?

It must be "用户名已经存在" but it shows "用户名已经� �在"

this is a known issue even before the upgrade. must be lack of asian/chinese language support.

i kinda like the theme, much better than the "old" one.