PaulOBrien

Website Update - Monday 11th July 2011

253 posts in this topic

A few people posted about alternate row colouring for clarity, so thought i'd put this out there... gradient flattened and alternate colouring concept...

P

flataltrowdemo.png

Here's one with gradient (which looks a bit odd imho)...

P

gradientaltrow.png

<br />Hmm, I see, interesting. I'll have a snoop around and see what I can work out.<br /><br />Also trying to work out where the extra br tags are appearing from, I assume you're replying in browser not on tapatalk or anything? Quite weird.<br /><br />P<br />

replying in browser, any browser same issue, not the only person effected seen a few in zte blade forum with same problem mainly on requotes

<br /><br /><br />

replying in browser, any browser same issue, not the only person effected seen a few in zte blade forum with same problem mainly on requotes

Yeah, very weird... it's on the list to investigate! :)

P

It's not only the additional br, but the whole quote is somehow messed up.

e.g.:

<br />Which post are you trying to reply to? I'll try to replicate it.<br /><br /><br />This is a cloudflare security system. I'll verify the security level and look at making the wording clearer.<br /><br /><br />Confirmed, I will look into this.<br /><br /><br />Could you link the topic in question so I can investigate? Thanks!<br /><br />P<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The downloads in that topic just appear to be MediaFire links?<br /><br />Sorry to be a pain, but how can you extract link address from the post? Have had a look with google chrome, inspect element but can't find any reference to Mediafire! Thanks, Jimsie

With 'HTML off' in 'Post Options' all the replies and edits got messed up.<br /><br />It looks correct when 'HTML On' is chosen:<br />

&lt;br /&gt;It's not only the additional br, but the whole quote is somehow messed up. &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;e.g.:&lt;br /&gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;

With 'HTML On' there's still a problem with editing a post: it adds a lot of html stuff ...

Edited by 569

With 'HTML off' in 'Post Options' all the replies and edits got messed up.<br /><br />It looks correct when 'HTML On' is chosen:<br />

With 'HTML On' there's still a problem with editing a post: it adds a lot of html stuff ...

Strange, I think it might be a rich editor problem as I use the non rich editor and it appears to be OK.

P

I also get two buttons btw, most odd (I was using the Flash uploader option before).

P

Downloads button should be fixed now (i.e. correctly showing 'clear selection')...

P

Downloads button should be fixed now (i.e. correctly showing 'clear selection')...

P

I was unable to upload any attachments last night. When I tried this morning, I got an error (which I can't upload a screenshot of)

I am running IE9 and Chrome and the error for both is: Upload skipped (Error403)

One thing I have noticed - in mid post if I hit Enter, I get 2 carriage returns instead of one - could this have something to do with the quotation formatting as well? Re the quotes, if you have special characters such as & or @, after editing they seem to be replaced by ASCII - possibly their references?

Edit: When I tried editing like this last night, I got all the extra characters etc - this now appears to be fixed.

Edited by Yogimax

I was unable to upload any attachments last night. When I tried this morning, I got an error (which I can't upload a screenshot of)

I am running IE9 and Chrome and the error for both is: Upload skipped (Error403)

One thing I have noticed - in mid post if I hit Enter, I get 2 carriage returns instead of one - could this have something to do with the quotation formatting as well? Re the quotes, if you have special characters such as & or @, after editing they seem to be replaced by ASCII - possibly their references?

Edit: When I tried editing like this last night, I got all the extra characters etc - this now appears to be fixed.

It does seem like it was a rich text editor issue, which SHOULD now be fixed. Let me know if the problem recurs !

P

yup double attachment issue looks fixed

For some reason when using Firefox 5 the new look forum is very very slow to navigate. Using Opera 12 or IE 9 then it seems fine but my default browser is Firefox 5.

I have ensured that I'm using the default skin and have disabled any extensions / addons and yet it still seems to crawl in comparison to those other browsers.

However if I do use Opera then, for some reason, the formatting of replying goes a little screwy. It will do a "double" line carriage return when pressing the return key, for example, whereas FF will just do the one (if that makes sense) as it should.<br><br>I have just returned to edit my post in FF and all the formatting has gone and turned the above into one large block of text in a single paragraph. But when saved it seems to return it to normal but now it contains the symbols........<br>

Edited by dibbles

I am still investigating the Firefox issue.

P

Right sorry if this has already been answered and I have missed it.

But since the update, despite being ad free, I am unable to bake kitchen roms. I get a message saying that this is for premuim subscribers only.

Help!

Ralph

Hello everyone!

When attachment is giving me a picture Upload Skipped (Error403).

Who can help me?

Thank you.

mureta.

For those who are having issues with alternate shading, Firefox 5 slow downs, broken navigation bar and everything else, give the "simple" theme a try. It fixes all the issues that the default theme introduces and is far, far easier on the eyes.

Tried to refresh this page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/www/www.modaco.com/conf_global.php on line 34

Hello everyone!

When attachment is giving me a picture Upload Skipped (Error403).

Who can help me?

Thank you.

mureta.

Hi!

This is uploading an attachment?

P

Tried to refresh this page:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/www/www.modaco.com/conf_global.php on line 34

Sorry, just updating some stuff! :)

P

Right sorry if this has already been answered and I have missed it.

But since the update, despite being ad free, I am unable to bake kitchen roms. I get a message saying that this is for premuim subscribers only.

Help!

Ralph

Could you point me to the ROM you're having problems with?

Thanks! :)

P

For those who are having issues with alternate shading, Firefox 5 slow downs, broken navigation bar and everything else, give the "simple" theme a try. It fixes all the issues that the default theme introduces and is far, far easier on the eyes.

It does help :)

Also it looks so much better and it is indeed easier on the eyes, thanks for that.

Hi!

This is uploading an attachment?

P

Hi!

Right ... I tried everything and I can not attach my picture of my new rom update.

Tks.

mureta.

Hi!

Right ... I tried everything and I can not attach my picture of my new rom update.

Tks.

mureta.

Thanks, i'll look into it.

P