• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Website Update - Monday 11th July 2011

253 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks, i'll look into it.

P

Tks Paul !

mureta.

Posted

Hi, can anyone tell me how I unsubscribe from a thread so I no longer get notifications of new post's? I have searched and cannot find it. By the way I am using the simple skin.

Many thanks. Anil

Posted

Hi, can anyone tell me how I unsubscribe from a thread so I no longer get notifications of new post's? I have searched and cannot find it. By the way I am using the simple skin.

Many thanks. Anil

Use the 'My Liked Content' link on the right I believe, which takes you here. :)

P

Posted

Many thanks. Anil

Take a look up there ^^^^^^^^^

...for me it is on the top right just above the first post . Something like "stop watching topic"

Posted

I've lost the AD-FREE logo in the top right

just says Logo and I have to click it to say AD-FREE

want a screen shot?

Posted

I've lost the AD-FREE logo in the top right

just says Logo and I have to click it to say AD-FREE

want a screen shot?

Yes please, also right click the broken image to see the URL and try opening that seperately?

Cheers,

P

Posted (edited)

Use the 'My Liked Content' link on the right I believe, which takes you here. :)

P

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply, unfortunately when I go to that section it reads "You have not liked any content yet".

On the previous site I could change the subscription type from daily digest to immediate notification. I have to admit it is frustrating trying to work out where things have moved to and what they are now called. "My Liked Content"? Why not simply call it Subscriptions?

I appreciate this is your site and your party, but why are live users Alpha testing your design changes? It makes your job of updating the site much harder.

Finally, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the different skins, have different link choices, and sometimes those links are called different things. For example the Simple skin doesn't have "My Liked Content" link. So it is more than a skin.

Anil.

Edited by Anil k Solanki

Posted

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply, unfortunately when I go to that section it reads "You have not liked any content yet".

On the previous site I could change the subscription type from daily digest to immediate notification. I have to admit it is frustrating trying to work out where things have moved to and what they are now called. "My Liked Content"? Why not simply call it Subscriptions?

My mistake, the watched topic / forum management is here, or you can unwatch a topic you are viewing by clicking the button at the top (as noted by a previous poster).

I appreciate this is your site and your party, but why are live users Alpha testing your design changes? It makes your job of updating the site much harder.

Live users aren't Alpha testing my design changes - we upgraded to a newer version of the base software and some things have slightly moved around, one of them being watched topics as the user control panel now has a lot more options. Believe me I tested the forums to death before putting them live, inevitably some things are going to only manifest themselves when hit by thousands of users vs my own testing (which was on a whole bunch of machines and a whole bunch of browsers).

Finally, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the different skins, have different link choices, and sometimes those links are called different things. For example the Simple skin doesn't have "My Liked Content" link. So it is more than a skin.

The initial intention was that there would only be one main skin (MoDaCo M5) plus the mobile skin. I made the Simple skin visible as a courtesy, but i'm working on a 'MoDaCo Retro' skin which will replace the Simple skin and be more consistent from a general experience perspective. Finally, all text on the site is pulled from a centrally maintained language file that does not differ between skins (and I don't hardcode the text in my skins), so options shouldn't be worded differently, some may just be available and some not.

P

Posted

Paul could you please have a look as to why, when using Opera, it creates an extra line space when pressing the enter key as you are typing your message. For example...

....if I use Firefox this line would be directly under the one above without the extra empty line created. There seems no way for me to not have an empty line each time that I use the enter key.

Thanks.

Posted

Paul could you please have a look as to why, when using Opera, it creates an extra line space when pressing the enter key as you are typing your message. For example...

....if I use Firefox this line would be directly under the one above without the extra empty line created. There seems no way for me to not have an empty line each time that I use the enter key.

Thanks.

I had this issue myself on Chrome while editing this post with both editors.

As you can see, I am not experiencing it now.

Posted (edited)

While trying to change email address in profile:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_global_other_1::captchaSolveMedia() in /home/www/www.modaco.com/ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin/solvemedia.php on line 136

Edit: after reading the error again could it be related to me using the simple skin rather than the default?

Edited by Stuart_f

Posted

There is something strange about the search function... When I try and search the forums for 1.10 it ignores the decimal point and searches for 110. This also happens if you put the 1.10 in quotes "1.10"

Posted

Thanks.

I'll check this out, thanks.

While trying to change email address in profile:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_global_other_1::captchaSolveMedia() in /home/www/www.modaco.com/ips_kernel/classCaptchaPlugin/solvemedia.php on line 136
[/code]

Edit: after reading the error again could it be related to me using the simple skin rather than the default?

It certainly could be, i've reimported that template bit to 'Simple' so it'd be useful to know if this solves your issues.

There is something strange about the search function... When I try and search the forums for 1.10 it ignores the decimal point and searches for 110. This also happens if you put the 1.10 in quotes "1.10"

I'll try and replicate that and see what's going on.

P

Posted

By request, i've improved the readability of the topic list on the main skin, included the amount of 'info on the page' and, *gulp*, made the 'dude' hideable with a little toggle button! :o

P

Posted

It certainly could be, i've reimported that template bit to 'Simple' so it'd be useful to know if this solves your issues.

Change password fine works now.

Posted

Change password fine works now.

Great, thanks for reporting back! :)

P

Posted

I've found an interesting and highly amusing bug. Unfortunately it's exploitable so I'm sending Paul a PM about it rather than posting it here.

P - Please check PM from me.

Posted

I've found an interesting and highly amusing bug. Unfortunately it's exploitable so I'm sending Paul a PM about it rather than posting it here.

P - Please check PM from me.

Users can no longer give themselves reputation points. ;)

P

Posted

Pinned topics are now background-colour differentiated in the same way as announcements (but not in bold type).

P

Posted

Paul...

If this is enabled...

Enable visual (RTE) editor?

Rich Text Editor requires IE6+, Mozilla / Firefox 3.0+, Safari 4+, Google Chrome, or Opera 9+

then Opera will put a double line space every time that the enter key is pressed.

As you can see by disabling it I can now use the enter key and the text appears on the line below.

Not sure if this can be resolved as it is supposed to be working with Opera 9+ and I am using Opera 12 and I have also

tried Opera 11.50.

Thanks

Posted

Paul...

If this is enabled...

then Opera will put a double line space every time that the enter key is pressed.

As you can see by disabling it I can now use the enter key and the text appears on the line below.

Not sure if this can be resolved as it is supposed to be working with Opera 9+ and I am using Opera 12 and I have also

tried Opera 11.50.

Thanks

It also was happening with IE9 earlier this morning, but not with IE8 (at work)

Posted

Recent topics now on the sidebar and 'top recent content bar' is gone.

If you HAVE made the switch to 'Simple', please look at the changes and share your thoughts. I think it looks pretty awesome.

:)

P

Posted

I use Firefox and found that I was getting a huge section at the top of every page showing lots of Twitter updates. IE & Chrome both fine, Firefox at home & work showed these updates. I couldn't find any way to disable them, but switching to the Simple skin has got rid of them.

I searched for both Twitter and Firefox, but none of the results seemed to mention this, so is it just me?

Posted

I use Firefox and found that I was getting a huge section at the top of every page showing lots of Twitter updates. IE & Chrome both fine, Firefox at home & work showed these updates. I couldn't find any way to disable them, but switching to the Simple skin has got rid of them.

I searched for both Twitter and Firefox, but none of the results seemed to mention this, so is it just me?

That section has actually been removed now, switch back and it should be gone!

P