Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Website Update - Monday 11th July 2011

253 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That section has actually been removed now, switch back and it should be gone!

P

It's still there for me, tested at both home & work.

Posted · Report post

It's still there for me, tested at both home & work.

Could you screen grab for me? TIA!

P

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul, many thanks for the replies. I appreciate you are busy and time is at a premium Good luck with the upgrade and tweaking.

Anil.

Posted (edited) · Report post

:D hi paul, just a big thanks and thumbs up to what you have done to the site, like the mobil format, but can still flick to full screen when needed. s :D

Edited by plegdroid

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul, many thanks for the replies. I appreciate you are busy and time is at a premium Good luck with the upgrade and tweaking.

Anil.

Thanks, I really think i've made big improvements since the initial release and it's looking good now.

:D hi paul, just a big thanks and thumbs up to what you have done to the site, like the mobil format, but can still flick to full screen when needed. s :D

Thanks man! :)

P

Posted · Report post

And Paul, there is one thing I noticed while using Tapatalk,

Whenever you open a thread in that, 1st post of that thread is not visible in Tapatalk, it always start with 2nd post, dont know why its happening like this.

Or its just only me??

Posted · Report post

Looking a lot better now than it did. Will be using the default skin from here on in.

Still a couple of very small things that could improve imo.

I think the navigation type thing (eg Android @ Modaco Modaco Website Website Update...) should have a dash, arrow or some other symbol between levels as is the convention with most forums as it's not immediately obvious where the divider is atm.

Also I don't think the buttons for hiding the Modaco guy and the sidebar really fit in with the design. The icon seems a little out of place and the button for hiding the sidebar is a different style to all the other buttons. I would prefer something in the style of the "Go to top" button.

The idea for keeping the sidebar floating as you scroll down the page is a good one too.

I realise these are all more personal preference now though, good job overall. cool.gif

everything is very light colored.... hard to read sometimes....

i wish the site will have all over dark black and white colour layers ..... or just darken the light blue color used presently.... some texts are light colored with light background... as you can see it below in my signature , the default fonts are very light colored. Whether fonts should be darkened or the background color should be changed. :(

Anyway , i liked the other features , it took time to understand , but they are more user friendly now....

Many thanks for mobile site , and other improvements. I wish modaco will become one of the leading forum and will beat eeexdadevlopers.

My regards.

[i Hope u will root and unlock sensation , as i am getting one soon]

Thanx :)

Edited by Neel007

Posted · Report post

IE9 / Opera double linebreaks appears to be a known issue in our platform software - details

Tapatalk is doing some weird things, i'll liaise with them about it!

P

Posted · Report post

Looking a lot better now than it did. Will be using the default skin from here on in.

Cool, thanks. :)

Still a couple of very small things that could improve imo.

I think the navigation type thing (eg Android @ Modaco Modaco Website Website Update...) should have a dash, arrow or some other symbol between levels as is the convention with most forums as it's not immediately obvious where the divider is atm.

Better?

raquo.png

Also I don't think the buttons for hiding the Modaco guy and the sidebar really fit in with the design. The icon seems a little out of place and the button for hiding the sidebar is a different style to all the other buttons. I would prefer something in the style of the "Go to top" button.

The idea for keeping the sidebar floating as you scroll down the page is a good one too.

I realise these are all more personal preference now though, good job overall. cool.gif

Cheers. :)

P

Posted · Report post

everything is very light colored.... hard to read sometimes....

i wish the site will have all over dark black and white colour layers ..... or just darken the light blue color used presently.... some texts are light colored with light background... as you can see it below in my signature , the default fonts are very light colored. Whether fonts should be darkened or the background color should be changed. :(

Although the signature is 'light', this is by design to reduce distraction from the main content. The main text of a post isn't far off black on a very light background, so it should be pretty readable?

Anyway , i liked the other features , it took time to understand , but they are more user friendly now....

Many thanks for mobile site , and other improvements. I wish modaco will become one of the leading forum and will beat eeexdadevlopers.

My regards.

[i Hope u will root and unlock sensation , as i am getting one soon]

Thanx :)

Thank you! :)

P

Posted · Report post

Could you screen grab for me? TIA!

P

Um, no, it's gone this morning!

Posted · Report post

Um, no, it's gone this morning!

Fair enough. :)

P

Posted · Report post

Better?

Yep looks good.

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul

I cannot change the skin from my Vega using Dolphin 5 or 6 HD. I have to do it from my PBook [Tiger] using Safari 4 and it changes automatically. But when on Simple view, I can change it from the Vega. Strange.

I cannot see the mobile view either.

Secondly, is there a way you could add a Top button like the old site. The only one in Simple is right at the bottom. By the way, it does not appear all the time in Modaco5 skin.

It is till sluggish in Modaco5, therefore use Simple skin.

Pinned could still be clearly separated, as I have to concentrate few seconds to see where the topics start.

Thanks

T.

Posted · Report post

I think there's an issue with timestamps due to UK daylight savings, everything currently 1hr off for me. Setting to GMT +1 provides a temporary fix.

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul

I cannot change the skin from my Vega using Dolphin 5 or 6 HD. I have to do it from my PBook [Tiger] using Safari 4 and it changes automatically. But when on Simple view, I can change it from the Vega. Strange.

I cannot see the mobile view either.

Secondly, is there a way you could add a Top button like the old site. The only one in Simple is right at the bottom. By the way, it does not appear all the time in Modaco5 skin.

It is till sluggish in Modaco5, therefore use Simple skin.

Pinned could still be clearly separated, as I have to concentrate few seconds to see where the topics start.

Thanks

T.

Is your user agent in Dolphin set to Desktop? The forum looks at user agent to decide whether to use the mobile skin.

P

Posted · Report post

I think there's an issue with timestamps due to UK daylight savings, everything currently 1hr off for me. Setting to GMT +1 provides a temporary fix.

Do you have 'DST' ticked on this page? I do, and the times show correctly.

P

Is your user agent in Dolphin set to Desktop? The forum looks at user agent to decide whether to use the mobile skin.

P

If I choose Mobile view (GWT), all the scripts appear on the left of the page. As soon as I open Modaco in Safari, it will automatically change to whatever skin is on Safari.

Therefore I have to keep it on Simple skin otherwise it is very sluggish on both. I do not use it on my phone.

Still, I should be able to change the skin from my Vega. Or maybe not? :)

BTW, I am using SP1 on the Vega.

T.

Edited by ThomasAstor

Posted · Report post

If I choose Mobile view (GWT), all the scripts appear on the left of the page. As soon as I open Modaco in Safari, it will automatically change to whatever skin is on Safari.

Therefore I have to keep it on Simple skin otherwise it is very sluggish on both. I do not use it on my phone.

Still, I should be able to change the skin from my Vega. Or maybe not? :)

BTW, I am using SP1 on the Vega.

T.

Mobile 'GTW" is site reformatting using Google's toolkit, you probably don't want that. :)

Yeah, changing from your Vega should work! What happens when you select the 'Skin and Language' box from the right hand side?

P

Posted · Report post

Yeah, changing from your Vega should work! What happens when you select the 'Skin and Language' box from the right hand side?

P

Skin and Language get an orange border and a red dot appears on the left. But regardless if I try to open in the same window or a new tab, nothing changes.

T.

Thanks, i'll look into it.

P

Hello Paul all right ?

I know you may be too busy to help but I'm leaving the photos of what happens when I attach my photos and when the menu is open right side is a blank page and not open the menu page is normal. picture

Use Firefox 5.0.

HTML Off

Tks Paul.

mureta.

Edited by mureta

Posted · Report post

Do you have 'DST' ticked on this page? I do, and the times show correctly.

P

First thing I tried, have now deselected that and selected the other option that appears; "Currently in DST?", and it's working fine (Using Opera 11.5 if that could be the problem with the auto detect DST)

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul

Diggin the new style

One thing my eyeballs were struggling to adjust to was the lack of clear delineation between Pinned posts and non-pinned posts, so had to go to the extreme lengths of actually reading the content before identifying the new posts, which took all of a second or so, but was a little more cumbersome than before

Anyway, I just noticed that you seem to have fixed it before I even got round to posting by colouring the pinned topics a slightly different shade than the others

Nice one - thusly you have stayed safely ahead of the curve that defines my expectations of Modaco

Now if you could just do something about this poxy keyboard

Keep up the good work