• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Firmware for U8510-0 ? (IDEOS X3 2100 Mhz only version)

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi !

I'm looking for Huawei firmware for the IDEOS X3 for the U8510-0 i.e. the 2100 Mhz only version.

As I understand the U8510-1 is 900/2100 and therefore I'm not sure firmware for that device will be compatible.

Does anyone have any info to offer ?

I found a (Malaysia General) firmware in the wiki: (thanks to McSpoon I assume :-)

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Huawei_Firmware_U8510

But it is for the U8510-1 and I'm not sure what it might to do to my U8510-0 unit..

Rgds!

pirh

Posted · Report post

Hi pirh, I've only just discovered this U8510 sub-forum so apologies for not replying sooner.

Huawei have at least 2 separate download areas on their website - one is Worldwide and the other is Chinese. I rarely find any new files in the Chinese one but on this occasion there is a U8510-0 firmware. Here is the link.

U8510-0 V100R001C197B819

Since the wiki is down at the moment here are all of the other U8510 links that I can find in case they're of any use to you.

U8510-1 V100R001C00B822 (Malaysia General)

U8510-1 V100R001C02B827 (Portugal Vodafone)

U8510-92 V100R001C26B826SP01 (Japan Emobile)

Posted · Report post

Hi McSpoon,

No worries :)

Thank you very much ! It is indeed very helpful.. I've successfully flashed the U8510-1V100R001C00B822(Malaysia General) version on my U8510-0

The only difference seems to be the baseband version which has changed - this leads me to think that the U8510-1 and U8510-0 hardware is identical, simply with a different baseband (radio) firmware used.

Btw the U8510-0 firmware you found is the Taiwan FarEasTone version.

Thanks again and keep us posted on new versions !

-pirh

Posted · Report post

I managed to flash my U8510-0 (bought from Taiwan) with a U8510-1 ROM.

Everything appears OK at first, but then sometimes it shows no signal and I need to reboot the machine occasionally.

I am not sure if it matters with the ROM.... will try with another U8510-0 ROM if I manage to find one.