(ZTE-U v880) white screen on wakeup from standby with custom roms

Guest bb3

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a ZTE Blade (v880 from china) and I have been happy so far. I found this active community on modding it so I thought i'd give it a try. I read up on the basics and followed some pretty straightforward guides on installing a custom rom.

I installed clockworkmod, cleaned all cache etc. Then I installed the Swedish Spring RLS5 mod, everything seemed to work ok until I set it to standby with the power button. It does not properly wake-up from standby. It just shows white stripes/bars moving and does nothing.

I have double/triple checked that I had wiped it correctly and that i have the right gen. I also tried Cyanogenmod, it does the same.

Is there something I have overlooked? Is this a common problem? Is there a solution available? I will be happy to provide more info if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by bb3

Guest hedgepigdaniel

It sounds like an incompatibility with Chinese blades (they are similar but not the same as the European ones that most of the custom ROMs run on). If you've wiped and flashed a few ROMs then obviously that isn't the problem. Maybe try asking in the the SS/CM7 threads if anyone has got the ROM working on a Chinese v880? perhaps also try the Ginger Stir Fry ROM, which is based on a newer leak from ZTE, and could potentially work quite differently from the rest.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried Ginger Stir Fry without success. Actually all roms I have tried so far have the same issue, the only one that seems to work is my backup of the original ROM.

I have looked around and I don't have the new Chinese blade with 5mpix camera that some are talking about ( http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/26981-new-blade-in-china-want-to-use-cm7/ ) Is there a way to find out exactly what version I have?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried Ginger Stir Fry without success. Actually all roms I have tried so far have the same issue, the only one that seems to work is my backup of the original ROM.

I have looked around and I don't have the new Chinese blade with 5mpix camera that some are talking about ( http://forum.cyanoge...ant-to-use-cm7/ ) Is there a way to find out exactly what version I have?

Well It depends on where you bought it from. There is no way that I am aware of apart from that. In general, Chinese ones are different - they have different radios and most have 256MB of RAM rather than the 512MB of European ones. They don't boot if you flash European firmware onto them, hence the warning against it here.

The original ROM is designed for your phone, and hence it works. In terms of custom ROMs, your only hope is a ROM based on the stock one (or some other compatible stock one) - perhaps there are some around on Chinese forums?

If you can find someone interested in fixing it, It may be possible to get CM7 working on it because its built from source, but you would need someone who knew how to do that and was interested enough to bother.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Have you tried one of the last few nightly builds of CM7? I think they updated the kernel.

actually that's a god idea - nightly 126 onwards uses a newer kernel based on the source from the Chinese one (the same source as the triple two project). If it doesn't then I guess the kernel isn't the whole problem. try the latest nightly.