StreakDroid 1.9.1 ( aka Host The World ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

StreakDroid 1.9.1 ( aka Host The World ) Release Post

Official StreakDroid Website:StreakDroid.com

FRING VIDEO CALLING DOES WORK ON THIS VERSION USING THE FRING BETA AVAILABLE FROM FRING (ALSO AVAILABLE ON MODACO)

A FACTORY RESET MAY BE NEEDED TO ALLOW THIS TO BOOT CORRECTLY DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CHANGES, SO BACKUP IS RECOMMENDED

I now have my own online kitchen for this rom, this negates the need for the installer info below, please feel free to test the kitchen and report back to me via PM !! You Must have an adfree or plus account at modaco and be logged in for this to work, if you do not have these the install.txt installer also still exists and works but will be uploaded later this week most likely

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

This Release Version incorporates changes in the INSTALLATION PROCESS, please read the options available to you and the correct method of applying them before proceeding to flash the 1.9 Zip File!

( Disclaimer : As before, this ROM is heavily updated and still being developed at a fairly rapid pace. Bugs are listed below.)

PERFMOD IS NOT enabled by default in this version, had some reports of stabily problems but their is now an installer option to reenable it if you wish, if you choose not to enable the installer will automaticly transfer your data back to save a reset :blink:

also lots of other little tweaks been added

1.0 > INSTALLATION CHANGES :

With 1.9, several choices must be made before flashing the Zip file via StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery. These choices are made with very simple edits to a Text file ( explained in section 1.2 below )

Important Options Available ( other options are listed below in Section 1.1 ) -

A.Rebel SIM Compatibility : Users who previously downloaded the NOBB version of the file may now simply select the option by typing it into the text file before flashing the Zip. Please note that Rebel SIM users are still required to manually Fastboot flash the 2.1 8105 Baseband for compatibility.

B.Launcher Option : Users may now select their default Launcher of choice before installation. The options available are LauncherPro, ADW, Stage UI and GingerBread Launcher. GingerBread launcher is installed by default if nothing is chosen.

C.Pixel/LCD Density : Default LCD Density can be set during Installation. Values available for selection are : 120,140,180,200 and 240 DPI.

D.Other Settings : Other settings available include -
•Volume Boost
( flashes the A Modified kernel with louder volume hack ),
•Tabmail
( installs the Galaxy Tab Email Client port beta 2 instead of stock email client ),
•Teetermod
( installs Teetermod edit to get HTC Teeter working, installs the app and a modified build prop with 240dpi lcd density )
•us120/140/180/200/240 -
(installs build.prop with USA related Region Settings and an LCD Density of 120140/180/200/240)
•bios
( installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation )
•noapps
(this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher)

1.1 > INSTALLATION HOW TO

A. You will need to create a text file on your Streak's MicroSD Card. The file can be created in your Text Editor of choice ( such as Notepad ).

B.This file will be called 'install.txt' - Ensure that this is the exact syntax and that the file is saved with a '.txt' suffix.

C.This file must be saved in the root of the sd card.

E.Inside this text file, you may type each option that you select on a separate line. All the options available to you are listed below. Here is an example :

adwlauncher
volboost
tabmail
bios[/code]

That is it. You can save this text file as install.txt
You will then boot into recovery ( StreakMod or Clockwork ) and begin the Zip file installation process as usual.

[size=5][b]![/b][/size][b] [u]The full list of Options available are as follows[/u] :[/b]

[code]noapps - this will install an absolute base system with no additional apps installed and the gingerbread launcher as the default launcher

adwlauncher - this installs adw launcher and removes the default gingerbread launcher

launcherpro - this installs launcherpro and removes gingerbread launcher

stageui - this installs dells Stage UI and removes the gb launcher

density120 - sets lcd_density to 120 by default

density140 - sets lcd_density to 140 by default

density180 - sets lcd_density to 180 by default

density200 - sets lcd_density to 200 by default

density240 - sets lcd_density to 240 by default

nobaseband - installs the required libs for using a rebelsim

volboost - flashes a new super volume boost kernel - now with per page tables kgsl(3d) tweaks, may break gameloft games)

tabmail - installs the Galaxy Tab Email Client port beta 2 instead of stock email client

teetermod - installs teetermod edit to get htc teeter working, installs the app and a modified build prop with 240dpi lcd density

us120 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 120)

us140 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 140)

us160 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 160)

us180 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 180)

us200 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 200)

us240 - installs build.prop with usa related region settings (LCD Density of 240)

bios - installs the Streak BIOS Bootanimation thanks to Fone_Fanatic and Frysee

noswype - removes the preinstalled swype install to allow swype beta to work

zeam - installs the zeam launcher, a free open source launcher designed to be small and fast.

gbkb - installs Gingerbread keyboard instead of stock keyboard, this will cause force close in dictionary settings

perfmod - Enables the 1.6.1 Perfmod Option, disabled by default due to possible problems

novolnoppt - flashes a kernel without the new kgsl(3d) per page table support and normal volume levels - fixes some gameloft games

volnoppt - flashes a kernel without the new kgsl(3d) per page table support AND VOLUME BOOST - fixes some gameloft games

tabletphone - installs the modified dellstreak7 dialer, this causes a graphical bug in recent calls list but works fine

161font - restores the fonts from 1.6.1

portrait - enables portrait lockscreen and home instead of the default landscape - thanks to jhotmann on xda for the mod

usbdisk - enables auto mounting of usb drives using host mode - also mounts ntfs drives but breaks usb to pc mounting of streaks sd card.

gosuite - installs the full suite of GO apps (currently this is:
go launcher EX
Go Contact
Go keyboard
Go Launcher EX Notifications
Go Score
Go SMS
Go Weather hd live wallpaper
Go Weather
Gowidget - search
Gowidget - sms
Gowidget - task manager
Gowidget - calendar
Gowidget - contact
)

2.0 > OVERVIEW/SUMMARY OF INSTALLATION PROCESS

1.Download update-1.9.1.zip from the links below
2.Place Zip file into Root of SD Card
3.Make a text file and type in the options you would like to chose as shown above.
4.Save file under SDCard>install.txt
5.Boot into StreakMod or Clockwork Recovery
6.Select Update from Zip File > Select Zip File From SD Card > update-1.8.0.Zip
7.Wait for installation.
8.First Boot may take longer than a normal boot. Things are being installed, stuff is being generated. Patience.
9.Enjoy.

Most Recent Stable Version: v1.9.1

-----------------
Changelogs
-----------------

UPDATE 10/07/2011
Version 1.9.1 AKA Host The World
Rebased again off dell 351 and a couple of others
rebuilt all kernel versions from base, 1.22 and 1.267ghz overclocks work now,
also correct kernels are installed for noppt and vol boost etc
added usb host support both to kernel and androids internal mounting system - check installer options above to enable
usb drives (including NTFS formatted ones) should be mounted automaticly (check output of mount in terminal) - as above
NTFS drives are mounted Read only deliberatly for data security reasons (ntfs writing can be a little dodgy on linux)
updated smartass governor in kernel also.
updated all the launcher installer options to latest app versions
updated any other system apps as needed
added bluetooth ftp app
added some new installer options
added portrait mode option

#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/[/code]

[b]also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :huh: - any amount is appreciated [/b]
GBP Donate | USD Donate

[b][size=4]if you are using the kitchen above YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS FILE OR WORRY ABOUT INSTALL.TXT[/size][/b]

Rom Download Links:
Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/update-1.9.1.zip

[size=2][b]IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO UPDATE TO THE BELOW BASEBAND FOR 1.5.1+[/b][/size]
Baseband File Download:
Mirror 1: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn

[b]if you have NOT already flashed the dell 2.2 pkg or my 720p fix you need this to fix 720p video - otherwise ignore[/b]
http://downloads.streakdroid.com/testing/dsp1.mbn
flash this using the fastboot command fastboot -i 0x413c flash dsp1 dsp1.mbn

[b][u]Thanks to:[/u][/b]
[b]Everyone for suggesting things they want adding[/b]
Kang-O-Rama Rom Maker for nexus one for allowing me to use his advanced installer
ALL the BETA testers who put up with multiple screwed up builds and multiple dell logo freezes to get this working, couldn of done it without you all
everyone else for just jumping in and helping each other, thats the true community sprit that makes me do this sort of dev for android and not some other mobile os.
everyone else who helped/is helping
ALL THE TESTERS DESERVE HUGE THANKS FOR THEIR HELP EVERYONE !!

[b]also please feel free to donate to my work if you find it useful :) - any amount is appreciated [/b]
GBP Donate | USD Donate

Guest Azurren

Great release! :blink:

Will we still need the modified sync cable to use USB host without a dock? Anyone know of some cheap cables which have the required PINs intact?

Thanks Stephen Hyde <3

Guest Stephen Hyde
Great release! :blink:

Will we still need the modified sync cable to use USB host without a dock? Anyone know of some cheap cables which have the required PINs intact?

Thanks Stephen Hyde <3

yep the usb cable is a requirement unfortunatly

Guest Simon O
Hi Steve, I am an Ad-Free user but your kitchen still says it is not available to me.

You do not appear to be an ad free user at the moment. If you purchased an ad free subscription, when was this?

Guest popetodd
You do not appear to be an ad free user at the moment. If you purchased an ad free subscription, when was this?

Don't remember, might have been a while back. Probably last June.

[That was it, 30th of June so it expired. Paul should send out reminders as my ad block software kept me from spotting any ads on the page after it expired.]

Edited by popetodd

Guest rsfinsrq
Don't remember, might have been a while back. Probably last June.

Same here. I purchased add-free and when I went to use the kitchen, it said it was for premium members only. I purchased add-free 6-25-11 (Transaction ID 95F65649S4638270Y).

Guest Hells_Child

Looking good!!!

I flashed straight over 1.9 and all seems to be good. loving the blue tint on it. :blink:

Thanks DJ_Steve! Great job as always.

Guest crexa

Does anybody know why I'm not able to charge via Slacker G2 dock even after I've connected the second 5v line in it? Streak says that the battery or charger is corrupted. Maybe update of some kernel driver is needed? And the second - can you recommend some way through different firmwares to get fully working and stable release 1.9.1? I've updated to 1.9 from last official firmware, then wiped data and make an update once more. Now the phone is laggy sometimes (maybe the cause is known issue of the 10 class speed microsd) and had 2 spontaneous turn offs. And the last - is modified boot.ini for 1.9 for more than 2 gigs internal memory working?

Upd. Modified boot.ini is still working.

Upd. But now I have WiFi error... And baseband update didn't help. Even update to 2.1's baseband and backward does nothing. Help! =)

Edited by crexa

Guest crexa
I downloaded the zip but not able to install:(

m on streakmod recovery

pls pls guide

1. Download and install streakmod recovery from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840326

2. Reboot and enter the recovery mode

3. Choose to install from update.zip

4. Push the power button and choose install from update.zip

5. Choose install from .zip on sd card, select rom file from the list and install.

I'm using 0.3.2.7 versionf of the streakmod. And have no issues with installing (as opposed to using)

Edited by crexa

Guest jitin sharma
1. Download and install streakmod recovery from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840326

2. Reboot and enter the recovery mode

3. Choose to install from update.zip

4. Push the power button and choose install from update.zip

5. Choose install from .zip on sd card, select rom file from the list and install.

I already did wat I said but still no progress , I tridd signed as well unsigned but still wen click on the zip, it starts checking the zip and stops without saying anythng

I didn't even changed the zip name ,

Way to do? :blink:

Guest nedian05
I already did wat I said but still no progress , I tridd signed as well unsigned but still wen click on the zip, it starts checking the zip and stops without saying anythng

I didn't even changed the zip name ,

Way to do? :blink:

I also had same problem and then I downloaded the file from xda forum and installed it. Stagelauncher FCs everytime, when I connect usb cable I get notification that battery temperature performed abnormal and charging has been disabled.

Guest terminal_client

I can't use the kitchen either. I'm Ad-Free, used the kitchen last for 1.9.0 (coming back from SimpleStreak 2.1) but it won't let me use it for 1.9.1. What's the problem? Some kind of server error maybe? Hopefully someone gets it working.

Edit: Ignore this, I logged out, then logged back, and all is working fine, looking forward to Streakdroid 1.9.1!

Edited by terminal_client

Guest cdzo72

I'm having the same problem as a couple of the others. I requested signed and unsigned ROMs, tried flashing both with original name and also changing name to "update.zip" and with all four intents the flash does not follow through. I get a couple messages at bottom of screen that disappear so quickly I can't make them out. I'm using StreakMod 0.3.2.8 by the way if that helps anyone come up with any ideas.

Soooo, I downloaded the update.zip file from the mirror and using the install.txt and I was able to flash but so much stuff is force closing I can't even get to the Set-Up wizard.

So for the moment gonna use my nandroid backup of 1.9.1 b7

EDIT: Noticing that crexa mentioned he was using StreakMod .03.2.7 I flashed that, requested and downloaded another bake from the kitchen and was still unsuccessful flashing... :blink:

EDIT2: Ok guys, I decided to try the kitchen using Internet Explorer instead of Firefox. Lo and behold what I downloaded was then flashable... hope this helps someone

Edited by cdzo72

Guest crexa

Maybe it is a stupid question, but can one streak works with the internal sd comes from another? If it is so, Steve - why are not you give already unpacked rom that can be written to the flash card directly from the windows or Linux and that acts fully predictable? It'll be very useful, I think, at least for me and others that use expanded internal cards and opened their phones couple of times and lost the warranty.

Guest cdzo72
Maybe it is a stupid question, but can one streak works with the internal sd comes from another? If it is so, Steve - why are not you give already unpacked rom that can be written to the flash card directly from the windows or Linux and that acts fully predictable? It'll be very useful, I think, at least for me and others that use expanded internal cards and opened their phones couple of times and lost the warranty.

Well that's basically what you are flashing but from the phone itself. You are flashing the very same files he has flashed to his own personal device

Guest crexa
Well that's basically what you are flashing but from the phone itself. You are flashing the very same files he has flashed to his own personal device

I understand this. But getting into so many different strange situations made me doubtful. Firstly - factory reset kills my system in 1.9 rom. I needed to remake the copy from the original flash card to my extended. Then first time after flashing to 1.9 from official rom took 20 minutes to first boot. But two days before now I've let the device to first boot while going to sleep and in the morning I've seen it's fully discharged and the system didn't boot. And one more - I don't remember what exactly I did, but after some installations I had less then 100 mb free in my internal memory (instead of 1,6 Gb and after every reinstallation of ROM it was some bigger if I wipe the data but not too much). And to the end - it is an update and it is run by the phone so the phone has something in it to install the new rom and this new rom UPDATES but not change previous rom (programs are still installed, etc.).

So...

Maybe to underline - I ask for the overall install, but not update.

Edited by crexa

Guest strvmarv

I'm "MoDaCo Ad Free + Online Kitchens", but unable to use the kitchen now...

ID: 9804

Start Date: 10th August 2010

End Date: 10th August 2011

Sad panda...

Guest popetodd
I'm "MoDaCo Ad Free + Online Kitchens", but unable to use the kitchen now...

ID: 9804

Start Date: 10th August 2010

End Date: 10th August 2011

Sad panda...

Wouldn't worry much about that, the kitchen roms are not installing from what I can tell.

None of the attempts I made with the kitchen roms has done anything except drop out of the install while unpacking the zip.

Guest Stephen Hyde

we need to get some logs from the problem zips if pos also can someone open the kitchen zip on pc and get a screengrab of the contents also

Guest popetodd

Here's the options.txt contents:

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

a

I can get an ls of the contents or do you just need a screen grab of the root?

Guest Deinehoelle

USB is not working it shows as device in windows but is notaccessable on streak icould not turn it off then anymore. i come frome simple streak.any idea how to fix the usb problem steves rom looks else realy nice