StreakDroid 1.9.1 ( aka Host The World ) Release Post

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest mrmrmrmr

Didn't work for me, magic version didn't match kernel.

Got to compile my own tun.ko after some research online.

Thanks for the effort.

what is your kernel version ?

I can try to compile for you...

Guest isitafox

Well, after installing the day after release my streak has slowly been getting worse, I think I'll be going back to 1.9.0 if not standard if I get chance this week.

My battery consumption has gone through the roof, I'm having to charge at least every night if not twice a day, every few hours or so I'm having to pull the battery and restart it as it slows down almightily so nothing will run at all and there's a problem with the go launcher when the phone is rebooted.

Guest cdzo72

I would suggest flashing the stock boot image for 351 or 354, flashing the corresponding update.pkg, flashing streakmod again and then flashing 1.9.1 again.... all in that order...

I was having issues until I followed TheManii's advice on that and since that I have had zero issues to speak of. I know it seems like a lot but it will only take about an hour, except for final setup once you are back on 1.9.1

Guest zapzog

Fantastic release - thank you so much!

Question for anyone who knows - what does LCD density mean? Does choosing a higher resolution mean that fonts and icons will be smaller, like on a PC?

Thanks.

Guest simpl3lang

Fantastic release - thank you so much!

Question for anyone who knows - what does LCD density mean? Does choosing a higher resolution mean that fonts and icons will be smaller, like on a PC?

Thanks.

higher = bigger

Guest ryantoss

I need help plzz.........my english is not thus i will make it short

Before 1.9.1 i never ever experienced any problem with unicode display with my Streak

Now i can not see so well with unicode UTF-8 with any web browser

What could be the problem..........

Guest nalpt

For those who have problems with stage ui on 1.9.1 you can download the files and install the apks manually. This fixes the fc issues. I would also remove the stage ui installer option first.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

My stage ui crashes, so I'll try this sugestion, but where do I DL the Stage apks? I could not find them here.

edit: found it at xda at this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1113256

Edited by nalpt

Guest pradiproy

Hello Team,

This is Brilliant. I updated with the above ROM and its near perfect.

I am currently running on an iPHONE 4 Softbank SIM(Japan carrier) I can send recieve SMS and 3G Internet is perfect.

ONLY PROBELM remains for MMS. I am using the correct APN settings as per the previous blogs. BUT the MMS does not work so far. Its stuck for ever.

Any luck for the softbank MMS.apk file for this OS? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks heaps for the joint effort. :P :rolleyes: :lol: :) :)

I am looking for the WORKING mms.apk for this streakdroid OS -

Need this badly. I have several mms (recieved) in my inbox and its stuck for ever -

Says downloading and nothing happens. OFF COURSE its not working.

Edited by pradiproy

Guest isitafox

Figured out the battery drain problem, I turned off the go launcher which solved that but I was still gettin massive slowdown problems and as I'm lazy I just restored my 1.9.0 nandroid which I've realised is perfect for what I need!

Guest Strakerr3

Hey guys.

I'm experiencing a problem after flashing a kitchen rom, It seems the dell stage UI launcher doesn't want to load. I'm just repeatedly getting Dell Stage Launcher FCing - Standard launcher seems fine but the moment i activate the dell stage. The continous loops of FC's begins.

Anyone experienced this :)? If so is there a solution i'm unaware of.

Thanks

Keep up the great work Steve.

-Sean

Guest AIR-WIZZ

Steve, I know your busy but this question continues to remain clouded.

You clearly state in the first post of several, if not all, StreakDroid releases that the 318BB, AKA, AMSS is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, even with 1.9.1. Is this true?

Does it matter if it is flashed before or after the 1.9.1 update is made?

I would really like a clear and definitive answer on this as I have not found it yet. I will continue searching this thread (Im half way through the thread now).

I have 2 Streaks and one runs the 318BB and the other was left with the 351BB. The 351BB version seems to run faster; however, that could be for a number of reasons because one has a lot more apps and junk on it.

Guest cdzo72

Hey guys.

I'm experiencing a problem after flashing a kitchen rom, It seems the dell stage UI launcher doesn't want to load. I'm just repeatedly getting Dell Stage Launcher FCing - Standard launcher seems fine but the moment i activate the dell stage. The continous loops of FC's begins.

Anyone experienced this :)? If so is there a solution i'm unaware of.

Thanks

Keep up the great work Steve.

-Sean

Sure fire fix: Get rid of the crappy Stage UI (not even Steve supports or likes it) and use the GO Launcher and all your trouble will be gone...

Guest TaoistB

Maybe someone can help me...

I installed this rom (SD 1.9.1) with Prefmod option.

The install was successfully, but i lost ~300MB space from "/data" partition.

And i found a file without extension named: "EXT2"

Its a huge file ~320MB.

I think its generated by "prefmod" after install ...

Can I delete this file, or the system uses it?

Sorry 4 my english...

Guest cdzo72

Its a huge file ~320MB.

If you don't know what it's for, then you shouldn't be running a custom ROM in the first place... much less running the Perfmod option... it's best you go back to stock if you are worried about 320 mb of space...

Do a search and find out what it's for

Sorry 4 my english...

Guest rsfinsrq

Its a huge file ~320MB.

I'm running the same set up and have the same file. Not sure if it can be deleted or not but my guess is not. I upgraded my internal SD to 4GB C-10 card so space is not an issue here.

Sorry 4 my english...

Guest TaoistB

Previously I've used the same type of MOD on other device...

It was the mechanism:

It saves the all content of /data partition,to the externalSD card,then formatted the /data partition to ext2 FS, and then copied back the saved contents from the externalSD...

I could delete the temporary files without problems...But is not the fully same mechanism, so I do not know whether the file can be deleted.blink.gif

I have enough free disk space,but it would be better if it could be more with ~320MB...

Anyway This rom is very good for me now: My quadrant score

Another question:

If I use the prefmod option, this reduces the life of the internal memory card?

Edited by TaoistB

Guest rsfinsrq

Previously I've used the same type of MOD on other device...

It was the mechanism:

It saves the all content of /data partition,to the externalSD card,then formatted the /data partition to ext2 FS, and then copied back the saved contents from the externalSD...

I could delete the temporary files without problems...But is not the fully same mechanism, so I do not know whether the file can be deleted.blink.gif

I have enough free disk space,but it would be better if it could be more with ~320MB...

Anyway This rom is very good for me now: My quadrant score

Another question:

If I use the prefmod option, this reduces the life of the internal memory card?

I guess you could do a nandroid backup, delete the file and see the effects. If there is a problem, just restore via nandroid.(Be sure and use Streakmod Recovery) I have 2 other Streak 5's and a 7. Only this one with perfmod has the file. I used perfmod back with 160, 161 and loved it! Then there was concern about the adverse effects it MAY cause to the internal SD card, so I stopped using it. Then I got a back-up streak and bacame brave. I replaced my internal SD card with a 4GB class 10 card. WOW, this Streak has never been quicker or more stable! It was easy to do and took all of 20 minutes. Check this post; http://android.modaco.com/topic/336477-lcd-replacement-and-internal-sd-upgrade/page__view__findpost__p__1659118

Guest TaoistB

I guess you could do a nandroid backup, delete the file and see the effects. If there is a problem, just restore via nandroid.(Be sure and use Streakmod Recovery) I have 2 other Streak 5's and a 7. Only this one with perfmod has the file. I used perfmod back with 160, 161 and loved it! Then there was concern about the adverse effects it MAY cause to the internal SD card, so I stopped using it. Then I got a back-up streak and bacame brave. I replaced my internal SD card with a 4GB class 10 card. WOW, this Streak has never been quicker or more stable! It was easy to do and took all of 20 minutes. Check this post; http://android.modac...ost__p__1659118

Thank you very muchrolleyes.gif

I do not want make any hardware modification, its too big risk for me yet. I might try later...

Noob questions:

What kind of adverse effects can be make the perfmod? (if I'm not mistaken, The ext2 is a journaling FS, so its faster, but reduces the lifetime of Internal SD card)

How Can i remove the prefmod?(Just flash again without prefmod switch in the install.txt) Where saves the Nandroid the backup files?It saves the backups, to the SD card?

What happens if there is not enough space?

If i have a backup, how can i make recover ? (Fastboot/ or in Nandroid?)

Edited by TaoistB

Guest rsfinsrq

Thank you very muchrolleyes.gif

I do not want make any hardware modification, its too big risk for me yet. I might try later...

Noob questions:

What kind of adverse effects can be make the perfmod? (if I'm not mistaken, The ext2 is a journaling FS, so its faster, but reduces the lifetime of Internal SD card)

How Can i remove the prefmod?(Just flash again without prefmod switch in the install.txt) Where saves the Nandroid the backup files?It saves the backups, to the SD card?

What happens if there is not enough space?

If i have a backup, how can i make recover ? (Fastboot/ or in Nandroid?)

You can remove perfmod by reflashing Streakdroid without the perfmod option in the install.txt file. Nandroid backups are on the external SD card (rom-backup file). You can resotre them via Streakmod recovery. The size will depend on what you have installed. Mine are between 500-800 MB. If you back-up a clean install it will likely be less. No sure what would happen if you ran out of room, either it wouldn't start or not be able to complete. I have yet to hear of any internal SD cards being damaged by perfmod, but have heard that some instability with certin programs. I have had no problems.