Advent Vega?

Guest cls

Hi All

This is my first post and I am new to the android, I have on order from Currys a new Advent Vega and am waiting for delivery but it doesn't look hopeful and I'm being given various stories to as whether it can be supplied. I believe it is discontinued and the money has been taken.

I have recently come across a A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.2, WIFI, MIFI, HDMI, 1080P, GPS WITH CAM on Amazon but don't know if this is the same item and rebadged it has two usb ports and not one also it has an Ethernet port, would anyone on the forum advise if this is a good buy or just a piece of junk. The link to the item is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A1CS-X220-TABLET-A...8561&sr=8-1

Many thanks for any advice

Colin :blink:

Guest Bunjit
Hi All

This is my first post and I am new to the android, I have on order from Currys a new Advent Vega and am waiting for delivery but it doesn't look hopeful and I'm being given various stories to as whether it can be supplied. I believe it is discontinued and the money has been taken.

I have recently come across a A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.2, WIFI, MIFI, HDMI, 1080P, GPS WITH CAM on Amazon but don't know if this is the same item and rebadged it has two usb ports and not one also it has an Ethernet port, would anyone on the forum advise if this is a good buy or just a piece of junk. The link to the item is:

Colin :blink:

I feel your pain. After a Vega too and getting mixed stories from DSG. That's not a re-badged vega I don' t think, only 256 ram, probably a resistive screen, looks similar to the Ibex/Flytouch series.

I'm hunting around, but there is so much BS around, can't say or sure fwhat is genuine Vega hardware.

It looks like Ibex have a re-badged Vega, can't vouch for the vendor though:

http://www.chinagrabber.com/a10w-nvidia-te...-ibex-a10w.aspx

And i came across an interesting link today, looks like a vega but high specs:

http://dimobile2u.blogspot.com/2011/06/and...30-101inch.html

If you find anything else, post away!

Edited by Bunjit

Guest Durbybard

Hiya, there are 2 possibles for you to look for, links below...

Point of View 10.2 Tablet (think it's same as the Vega)

http://www.pointofview-online.com/showroom...;product_id=188

And Sparkle have or are releasing what looks like a tegra 2 Tablet.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sparkle-Rel...ad-203650.shtml

I couldn't find a Vega anywhere in the UK from DSG, couldn't find the point of view version either, so i would look on ebay, i got mine from there and looks brand new and paid £183.64 inc delivery (which was next day special delivery)

They are a fantastic tab, i got a miscroll by storage options for my birthday and it's awful, sending it back for a refund, and found that for the money the Vega is the best buy when looking at android tablets cos of it's support for custom roms/info etc...

Hope this helps, Chris

Guest arnookie
Hi All

Colin :o

It's not good at all. Not multitouch and poor chipset. I would avoid this and wait for the new advent vega. Well I picked a new vega up in a wakefield store last week. Also they recon more are coming within two weeks.

The Sales guy also said a new advent book was due in stores in the next month or two.

So I would wait it out and hope more stock arrives or wait for the newer model.

Apparently the newer model is a tegra 3 with what the staff said last week and also 2gb internal ram and a better screen. So it should be a nice notebook. :O)

I will probably buy one and give my Vega to the wife if they are better.

It's not good at all. Not multitouch and poor chipset. I would avoid this and wait for the new advent vega. Well I picked a new vega up in a wakefield store last week. Also they recon more are coming within two weeks.

The Sales guy also said a new advent book was due in stores in the next month or two.

So I would wait it out and hope more stock arrives or wait for the newer model.

Apparently the newer model is a tegra 3 with what the staff said last week and also 2gb internal ram and a better screen. So it should be a nice notebook. :blink:)

I will probably buy one and give my Vega to the wife if they are better.

Many thanks to all!

There are so many out there and the one I saw in Currys and used was ideal, I did a lot of reading before going out to buy. I gave Currys £199 a week or so ago and was told they would email head office, when the chap checked he said that the Swansea store had a couple and if head office couldn't supply one they would acquire one from there. Currys took my money a assured me that they would get them, I will be extremely P***ed of and angry with them if they took my money and wasted my time. I am assured that on Tuesday they will have new stock. I bought one for myself and another for a birthday present for a friends 80th.

Guest andouk
Many thanks to all!

There are so many out there and the one I saw in Currys and used was ideal, I did a lot of reading before going out to buy. I gave Currys £199 a week or so ago and was told they would email head office, when the chap checked he said that the Swansea store had a couple and if head office couldn't supply one they would acquire one from there. Currys took my money a assured me that they would get them, I will be extremely P***ed of and angry with them if they took my money and wasted my time. I am assured that on Tuesday they will have new stock. I bought one for myself and another for a birthday present for a friends 80th.

i wouldnt be too sure on new stock as they've pulled it down off the currys dixons and pc world site

Guest Maxwell4321

My son got the only Vega left in the UK from Currys in NW London on Thursday night, he had them check their system countrywide as he lives in Manchester but was working in London with me last week, according to the DSG stock list his was the only one available in the whole of the UK

Guest phil8715

My son got the only Vega left in the UK from Currys in NW London on Thursday night, he had them check their system countrywide as he lives in Manchester but was working in London with me last week, according to the DSG stock list his was the only one available in the whole of the UK

It's strange I've had my Vega since April. I was in Manchester for a meeting last Wednesday and while I was at my meeting my partner nipped into Curry in the Arndale Centre and picked up the What Laptop Presents The Complete Guide to Tablets in association with Currys PC World. Guess what is on page 21 of the guide?

Yes you've guessed it an Advent Vega.

She said that all the tablets iPad etc, were all switched on but the Vega wasn't.

The guide seems be pretty recent.

Why would they put in the Advent Vega if it's going to be discontinued?

Edited by phil8715

Guest clonmult

She said that all the tablets iPad etc, were all switched on but the Vega wasn't.

That sounds about normal.

I've only occasionally seen a Vega on the shelf with power, and even then they had nothing installed to demonstrate its abilities, compared to the iPad and Xooms on show with plenty of alluring applications.

I was very definitely lucky with mine - only bought a couple of weeks back, dropped into our local Currys, they had one in stock .....

Guest phil8715

That sounds about normal.

I've only occasionally seen a Vega on the shelf with power, and even then they had nothing installed to demonstrate its abilities, compared to the iPad and Xooms on show with plenty of alluring applications.

I was very definitely lucky with mine - only bought a couple of weeks back, dropped into our local Currys, they had one in stock .....

I honestly don't think the head honchos at DSG fully understand the magnitude of a product like the Advent Vega.

My prediction would be if anybody who wants to sell one should do so now on eBay as they will probably make a killing.

Guest IanTurner

Strangely the vega dock is back on sale on the pcworld site even though the vega isn't.

Scratch that. Advent Vega back up for home delivery on the PcWorld site.

Edited by IanTurner