help a newbie please with rooting a htc hero 2.1

Guest readbmr

Guest readbmr

Hi,ok im realy new to this as ive just gone the android way from my existing iphone 4. i now have a basic htc Hero android 2.1 and am now stuck on the flash back up recovery bit as it wont backup, what am i doing wrong and can somebody point me in the right direction as im totally confused now how to root my android, im hoping somebody o here can help me step by step as ive been trying for a week now with no luck, please please help me root it as im now reading to many google articles relating to this and its making me go crazy!! hope to get some help soon, from

Brian

• 1 month later...
Guest jobless hgv

Hi,ok im realy new to this as ive just gone the android way from my existing iphone 4. i now have a basic htc Hero android 2.1 and am now stuck on the flash back up recovery bit as it wont backup, what am i doing wrong and can somebody point me in the right direction as im totally confused now how to root my android, im hoping somebody o here can help me step by step as ive been trying for a week now with no luck, please please help me root it as im now reading to many google articles relating to this and its making me go crazy!! hope to get some help soon, from

Brian

To root use superoneclick, find that on Google. Then get Clockworkmod http://www.clockworkmod.com/ on your phone and run Flash CWM recovery, then get your choice of ROM and put it to SD don't unzip! I used Cyanogen 7 (not got market dammit!!) then reboot into recovery, do a backup then wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition when that's done select install from zip... touch nothing let it run make a cuppa but make sure you have at-least 30% battery!