Can't get R/W permission to /system/app

Guest zomgbugs

Guest zomgbugs

Well I tried installing a new market app but it wasn't working so I tried re-installing the old one.

Installation process went fine but every time I tap on market's icon I keep gettings this message

process.com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly.

Any suggestions to fix this mess?

best regards

Guest zomgbugs

As far i know you need root explorer and root rights. Mount the system with Read and Write rights and try to replace again.

Well thank you for your quick response.

I tried to do that, I'm using Root Explorer and when it asks me root permission I allow it but still nothing happens!

Guest zomgbugs

There must be a way to make it R/W all the time as thats one of the features of the DJ Droid rom from http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1094063 . So maybe ask there.

Also try clearing your dalvik cache just incase the new one is tehre and your trying to run the old one from system/apps and it's getting confused.

I tried cleaning dalvik cache nothing happened :(

what you're saying about that rom :S

Guest goatee

Good stuff :). Just glad you got it sorted!

Though I solved my problem by flashing the market through clockwork this actually worked!

Guest SuperSkill

Well thank you for your quick response.

I tried to do that, I'm using Root Explorer and when it asks me root permission I allow it but still nothing happens!

Shut down phone, start again and you should be fine. Otherwise google for the rootexplorer apk file and you will get an old version you might have better luck with.....