[Guide] de-bricking a ZTE Blade

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Guest chickenfeeder

Really useful guide. I ended up with a brick yesterday and had to resort to Method 5 as I couldn't get the Blade to do anything else. It took about 30 mins to get everything back up, add Titanium Backup and GO SMS (restore backed up messages) into the mix and it's as if nothing even happened. :-)

Guest xondrax

Hi,can someone help me please with non booting my friends OSF?I dont know what to do-there is CWM(5.0.2.0) boot loop...I try to install a fresh ROM do a full wipe,but the boot loop remains.

Edited by xondrax

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Hi,can someone help me please with non booting my friends OSF?I dont know what to do-there is CWM(5.0.2.0) boot loop...I try to install a fresh ROM do a full wipe,but the boot loop remains.

first make sure you are installing a ROM for the right Gen, failing that do a TPT

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Still the same-I tried the bi-Gen ROM and the CWM loop remains...the CWM starts without press -vol.

I'd start a thread and ask for advice. method 5 should help in the worst case scenario.

• 1 month later...
Guest hedgepigdaniel

i tried methode 4 (last resort) and now the phone wont boot, the led blinks red and then shutdowns. Can someone help?!?

Thanks

method 5 you mean? I gather you've already tried charging the battery.

Which model phone do you have exactly? you can try doing it again but I wouldn't expect it to work.

method 5 you mean? I gather you've already tried charging the battery.

Which model phone do you have exactly? you can try doing it again but I wouldn't expect it to work.

The model is a zte v9, i tried again but without the battery the computer does not recognize it, if i put the battery in it does but when i try to flash i get an error. I need help with this

Guest hedgepigdaniel

The model is a zte v9, i tried again but without the battery the computer does not recognize it, if i put the battery in it does but when i try to flash i get an error. I need help with this

A ZTE v9 is not a ZTE blade, and you should never have followed any instructions for flashing it from here in the zte blade forum.

You can probably fix your v9 by applying a v9 TPT. I think there are some in the v9 forum.

Guest ivosantospt

I guys, ia want to know if this protocol results with huawei u8800, is just i have the imei=0 and i don't know what i can do about.

if i put the file in hex editor amss.mbn on editor i d'ont know witch sector i change.

Help Please!!!!

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I guys, ia want to know if this protocol results with huawei u8800, is just i have the imei=0 and i don't know what i can do about.

if i put the file in hex editor amss.mbn on editor i d'ont know witch sector i change.

Help Please!!!!

This wont work. try in a huawei forum.

Hi, I wonder if someone could help, my blade is completely unbootable. I've tried multiple TPT for gen1/gen2 but nothing will boot, no clockwork recovery or anything else, just green android logo.

I can my computer to recognise it by holding volume up, I can flash using fastboot and I can flash by having an image folder on my sd card, but nothing I tried caused anything to happen other than green android.

I've tried method 5 and it flashes succesfully but FTM mode never boots.

Is there some sort of bootloader that may be corrupt?

The fact that it can be recognised by my computer leads me to believe my phone is not completely badword, so does anything think they help me out?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Hi, I wonder if someone could help, my blade is completely unbootable. I've tried multiple TPT for gen1/gen2 but nothing will boot, no clockwork recovery or anything else, just green android logo.

I can my computer to recognise it by holding volume up, I can flash using fastboot and I can flash by having an image folder on my sd card, but nothing I tried caused anything to happen other than green android.

I've tried method 5 and it flashes succesfully but FTM mode never boots.

Is there some sort of bootloader that may be corrupt?

The fact that it can be recognised by my computer leads me to believe my phone is not completely badword, so does anything think they help me out?

What type of blade do you have exactly?

What type of blade do you have exactly?

Good point, its an orange san francisco - originally gen 1.

Edit: I have somehow managed to get it booting into clockwork recovery, although flashing a ROM doesn't get it to boot. Starting up the phone just loads clockwork. Any ideas?

Edit2: I've fixed my issue and my phone works as it should. Not 100% sure how I fixed it but I flashed a Gen2-to-Gen1 image and that seemed to do the trick

Edited by jkcxn

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Good point, its an orange san francisco - originally gen 1.

Edit: I have somehow managed to get it booting into clockwork recovery, although flashing a ROM doesn't get it to boot. Starting up the phone just loads clockwork. Any ideas?

Edit2: I've fixed my issue and my phone works as it should. Not 100% sure how I fixed it but I flashed a Gen2-to-Gen1 image and that seemed to do the trick

glad to hear it - I recommend that you check whether your IMEI is correct and fix it if necessary.

Guest demolish123

i windows flashed my gen 1 OSF to gen 2 and then windows flashed to gen 3. I installed the official gen 3 rom and was stuck in boot loops so i re flashed gen 3 but it booted into a black screen at 6% and the windows flash failed. So i unplugged the phone and put the battery back in but the phone didn't boot. I removed the battery for a few hours but it still won't turn on surely there must be a way to get it working again os just report to orange that it won't boot

Guest hedgepigdaniel

i windows flashed my gen 1 OSF to gen 2 and then windows flashed to gen 3. I installed the official gen 3 rom and was stuck in boot loops so i re flashed gen 3 but it booted into a black screen at 6% and the windows flash failed. So i unplugged the phone and put the battery back in but the phone didn't boot. I removed the battery for a few hours but it still won't turn on surely there must be a way to get it working again os just report to orange that it won't boot

Either method 5 will work, or your phone really is a brick.

Guest demolish123

Either method 5 will work, or your phone really is a brick.

Method 5 didn't work but would it be possible to get it replaced by orange because it isn't on stock recovery or stock rom. Would they accept it as a hardware fault

glad to hear it - I recommend that you check whether your IMEI is correct and fix it if necessary.

If I dial *#06# it displays a number different to the one on the back of the phone. What does this mean? and is it bad? To be honest I don't want to mess around with anything again incase I make it worse

Edited by jkcxn

Guest hedgepigdaniel

If I dial *#06# it displays a number different to the one on the back of the phone. What does this mean? and is it bad? To be honest I don't want to mess around with anything again incase I make it worse

Well it means that your NV memory has been corrupted. I know how you feel but it is important to have the correct IMEI - its generally illegal to change it. You can fix it without completely reflashing your phone - under method 5 follow the instructions only for restoring NV memory (which may involve the hex editing if you can't find your original channel1.nvm that the flasher created the first time). You'll have to flash the stock recovery image, but your ROM/Data should remain as they are.

Got my ZTE v880 messed.

Thats' my story:

Didn't actually know that's a chineese v880 and messed things up.

So now I have what I have: a phone stuck in recovery mode. Have a backup of system and a a backup of IMEI.

Able to boot FTM with no problems.

What to do next to obtain a working v880?

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Got my ZTE v880 messed.

Thats' my story: http://android.modac...sian-zte-blade/

Didn't actually know that's a chineese v880 and messed things up.

So now I have what I have: a phone stuck in recovery mode. Have a backup of system and a a backup of IMEI.

Able to boot FTM with no problems.

What to do next to obtain a working v880?

I replied in your thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fetaboy

Hi All,

I've tried method 5 but doesn't start for me. Any idea?

The phone in DFU on com49 port so it's looks fine but when I pressed the purple button nothing happend.

Thx