ZTE Skate Confirmed 1GHz?

Guest ThermalDroid

Guest ThermalDroid

SKATE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED AS BEING AN 800MHz ARM 6 DEVICE.

Please look else where for your next device may I suggest the Motorola Defy.

post-846865-0-64471500-1311433309_thumb.

Edited by ThermalDroid

Guest targetbsp

I hop so - but by how much once they've done the maths on how many people unlocked the Blade! I've seen Desires for not much more than that on HUKD.

Guest targetbsp

If it's a 1ghz ARM7 then it's pretty much on par with last years top phones - but it's also approaching them on price. It's basically a high end phone, surely not aimed at the same customer base as the Blade? Unless the shops can discount it a fair whack, then I'd have to say that if I was spending that amount of money on a phone (and I'm never going to!) I'd go the extra tenner and buy a Desire

Edited by targetbsp

Guest k0zmic

surely not aimed at the same customer base as the Blade?

I don't think so, I'd say it's aimed at the market segment above the Blade.

Guest rferrett

I don't think so, I'd say it's aimed at the market segment above the Blade.

I thought that the "sweet spot" for the Skate would be between 150-170. Those who had and loved the blade would i'd guess be tempted to plunk for a better phone form the same folks in that sort of price bracket. 200 or Northwards is just too much. The fan base for the Blade/San Fran was because it was affordable, but people don't just spunk 200 around (or if they do then they aint interested in mid range ZTE phones).

We shall see, I still expect the Monte Carlo variety to come in sub 200 squid.

Ralph

Guest grudas

ill tell you what.. if it was a HTC/MOTOROLA/Nokia etc.. i wouldn't be surprised if it was £229.. but for a ZTE even tho they are fine by me.. i will not pay 229 quid for a zte when i can get a HTC desire, samsung galaxy s etc for the same price or LOWER.. both build quality and the phone it self will better than the ZTE..

the BLADE got such a big comminity because of the price and SPECs.. while the specs with 1ghz CPU are good on the monte carlo its no way worth the asking price.. so unless orange reduces the price to around 150-170 it won't sell half as good as the BLADE.

Guest k0zmic

unless orange reduces the price to around 150-170 it won't sell half as good as the BLADE.

I'm fairly confident the Monte Carlo will be around the £150 mark.

Guest HCDR.Jacob

I'd go for this over a desire. I believe it's a newer 1GHz chip, which is more efficient and faster than the one in the Desire.

Guest ThermalDroid

I'd go for this over a desire. I believe it's a newer 1GHz chip, which is more efficient and faster than the one in the Desire.

No confirmation but hopefully :rolleyes:

Guest deksman2

Things to keep in mind about the price quoted in the article...

The same article mentioned the phone would be ZTE's, non-branded and unlocked.

If you recall, numerous phones in UK had a tendency to cost a lot more if they were sold unlocked from the get go.

Now, if Orange for example brands it as their own, and locks it to their network, then there's a possibility the price will go down by about £100... which would bring it to £125 (or more - which entirely depends on how Orange decides to price it on PAYG).

As for the remark that the phone is not targeted to the same people who bought the Blade... I cannot say I agree entirely.

I would surmise, that the Skate is meant to replace the Blade in the same segment.

What we currently have on the market are dual-core phones.

So, single-core 1GhZ phones are considered 'last generation tech' (a category in which the Blade was placed because, 'higher end' models last year were clocked at around 1GHz, while a year before that at 600Mhz).

Every year, the bar goes up (as manufacturers release faster/more powerful phones) and when a new generation of hardware comes up, their immediate predecessors get placed into their predecessors departments.

Though I have to say I would have preferred if the price on a branded ZTE Skate (say on Orange) would be placed as the same one like the Blade.

There's still a chance for this to occur though because if you recall, officially, unlocked/unbranded phones are generally much more expensive.

Guest ThermalDroid

Things to keep in mind about the price quoted in the article...

The same article mentioned the phone would be ZTE's, non-branded and unlocked.

If you recall, numerous phones in UK had a tendency to cost a lot more if they were sold unlocked from the get go.

Now, if Orange for example brands it as their own, and locks it to their network, then there's a possibility the price will go down by about £100... which would bring it to £125 (or more - which entirely depends on how Orange decides to price it on PAYG).

As for the remark that the phone is not targeted to the same people who bought the Blade... I cannot say I agree entirely.

I would surmise, that the Skate is meant to replace the Blade in the same segment.

What we currently have on the market are dual-core phones.

So, single-core 1GhZ phones are considered 'last generation tech' (a category in which the Blade was placed because, 'higher end' models last year were clocked at around 1GHz, while a year before that at 600Mhz).

Every year, the bar goes up (as manufacturers release faster/more powerful phones) and when a new generation of hardware comes up, their immediate predecessors get placed into their predecessors departments.

Though I have to say I would have preferred if the price on a branded ZTE Skate (say on Orange) would be placed as the same one like the Blade.

There's still a chance for this to occur though because if you recall, officially, unlocked/unbranded phones are generally much more expensive.

Gotta say I agree with this!

Thing is the next Gen will be started not by phones but by Sony;s release of the NGP or PSVita later this year with its quad core processor biggrin.gif

Guest stephen1972

www.superetrader.co.uk/zte/zte-skate-sim-free.html?gad=CMDIu8kDEgg-s_Nh2Zr1URiY3OT-AyCY9p4zPHPSESSID=a9f60e5cb70de4f8ad14e892ae520a0a

Guest finbaar

www.superetrader.co.uk/zte/zte-skate-sim-free.html?gad=CMDIu8kDEgg-s_Nh2Zr1URiY3OT-AyCY9p4zPHPSESSID=a9f60e5cb70de4f8ad14e892ae520a0a

This link is still saying 800mhz for the processor

And electricpig is saying the Skate is a competitor for the SGS2. They are mad.

Guest Atomix86

And electricpig is saying the Skate is a competitor for the SGS2. They are mad.

O_o lol that's mad. Its not even comparable to the first galaxy s. I think ZTE are getting a bit big for their boots.

• 3 weeks later...