[ROM] Rexchun 2.3.4 (wangjin89)

Guest Dj Fluminee

Guest Dj Fluminee

hey i just did the framework myself on other rom from buzz and statusbar FC when i tap on usb connected, prolly the framework issue or something, if you manage to get this working, do tell what the FC is about.. ill also check logcat if i can

try to use the original services.jar and try to use parts from htc tattoo..i had a htc wilfire "buzz" and the screen is bigger than racer..3.2 inches for wilfire and 2.8 for racer which is the same with tattoo

Edited by Dj Fluminee

Guest equiliym

try to use the original services.jar and try to use parts from htc tattoo..i had a htc wilfire "buzz" and the screen is bigger than racer..3.2 inches for wilfire and 2.8 for racer which is the same with tattoo

note taken, will post results tomorrow since its already midnight, work in the morning

edit: it was a SystemUI error, must change both framework folder and SystemUI.apk since they are connected and must be from same rom etc etc

Edited by equiliym

Guest Bionicmaster

I installed and everything was OK, until I tried to touch the screen, My Touchscreen was not functioning, was disabled :( I did a Stock Restore and everything was fine. Anybody know why?

Guest Dj Fluminee

I installed and everything was OK, until I tried to touch the screen, My Touchscreen was not functioning, was disabled :( I did a Stock Restore and everything was fine. Anybody know why?

with the original one or with the modified one? this happened to me when i tried to use another kernel (boot.img).

Guest Khan Miro

For me, the screen is working, but it is like the swiping function of the screen is disabled... only able to touch, not to swipe my fingers across and do something :( Any clue ?

Guest Krste

There's one thing I'm missing for this ROM.

The green robot when booting the phone.

Now it just says A N D R O I D before the boot animation.

How can I fix this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest a.j.d.1973

This ROM is the business!

I've tried lots of other variations and they all had very annoying keyboard calibration problems. This is as close to perfect as I can get for my Racer I think. No calibration problems at all.

It's running on a rooted UK ZTE Racer perfectly.

Battery life is disappointing if used outside with full screen brightness enabled, internet, GPS etc too long. But other than that its an ace!

Download this one everyone, you won't be disappointed.

Well done.

Guest a.j.d.1973

For me, the screen is working, but it is like the swiping function of the screen is disabled... only able to touch, not to swipe my fingers across and do something :( Any clue ?

Had the same trouble with jerky swiping, thought it was a major problem at first. Here's what worked for me:

Menu > Settings > ADWLauncher > Screen preferences > (scroll down to) 'Desktop scrolling speed'. I increased it to 1100. It corrected the problem of jerky left to right swiping for me :)

But I'm still trying to figure out the settings so App icons can be smoothly dragged around the screen. They are jerky when being dragged to a new location?

Edited by a.j.d.1973

Guest Dj Fluminee

Had the same trouble with jerky swiping, thought it was a major problem at first. Here's what worked for me:

Menu > Settings > ADWLauncher > Screen preferences > (scroll down to) 'Desktop scrolling speed'. I increased it to 1100. It corrected the problem of jerky left to right swiping for me :)

But I'm still trying to figure out the settings so App icons can be smoothly dragged around the screen. They are jerky when being dragged to a new location?

dragging apps on the screen it's a known issue. try this rom link. specs here..i think is better than b02. good luck!

Guest rremedio

dragging apps on the screen it's a known issue. try this rom link. specs here..i think is better than b02. good luck!

I use this rom (thank you very much for posting it). I think it has the best calibration so far, at least for typing it's perfect. Unfortunately, battery life is not good if compared to newer roms. Does anybody have any clue on how to use it's kernel for other roms? I've tried putting its boot.img in other roms (both russian and chinese), but the touchscreen won't work.

Edited by rremedio

Guest Racerboy

I use this rom (thank you very much for posting it). I think it has the best calibration so far, at least for typing it's perfect. Unfortunately, battery life is not good if compared to newer roms. Does anybody have any clue on how to use it's kernel for other roms? I've tried putting its boot.img in other roms (both russian and chinese), but the touchscreen won't work.

i think you are missing 2 other files to copy over "update-binary" and "updater-script" which found in META-INF/com/google/android

BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE MAIN ROM BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS !!!!!

or easy way is this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BP2X3E5 racer-kernel-2.6.32.9#64-by-deadlink.zip, install through clockwork recovery and reboot, you could use with any rom but it will ONLY install deadlink kernal......have fun

Edited by Racerboy

Guest a.j.d.1973

Wow, what a smooth and super responsive rom. No jerking, fresh new looking font set and app icons, and the keyboard works, no random letters! Thank you to the original rom creator and Dj for the link and the reworked rom it's superb. If the battery lasts me a day I'll be a happy chappy :)

Guest mladenovic73

I need some help,on b02 when i try to unlock the screen there is only a grey displey and i cant unlock the phone.Do you have any solution please?

Guest Dj Fluminee

I need some help,on b02 when i try to unlock the screen there is only a grey displey and i cant unlock the phone.Do you have any solution please?

slide it down

Guest rremedio

i think you are missing 2 other files to copy over "update-binary" and "updater-script" which found in META-INF/com/google/android

BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THE MAIN ROM BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS !!!!!

or easy way is this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BP2X3E5 racer-kernel-2.6.32.9#64-by-deadlink.zip, install through clockwork recovery and reboot, you could use with any rom but it will ONLY install deadlink kernal......have fun

Thank you for the tips! Deadlink's kernel is good, but I still have the "ghost touchs" when typing. I've tried a lot of things to use the other kernel in different roms, but it won't work. Maybe it's just not compatible.

I'm keeping DJ Fluminee reworked rom for now as I can live with the short battery life and overall the rom is very good.

• 2 months later...
Guest BlackMux

This is a realy good rom.

Touch is perfect.

But, why there is only two languages (chinese and english)?

How about the other languages suported by android (i`m brazilian, i realy would like to use this ROM in portuguese)

Thanks, and I repeat, this is one of the best roms

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Timelesspa

so far so good, was getting extremely tired of the original mod cyanogen mod l found because of the lack of sceen calibration settings with all the ghost typing.. while l havent had time to test completely the little l have used it things seem much more usable..

that is to say, it didnt take me more than one try to connect to my gmail account because of other chars suddenly appearing, managed to put up with it for week until today :(

tho it was annoying reflashing my phone for a third time as the 2.2 rom l found kept on force closing all the keyboards so l could enter my imei number l ended up with this rom, the up side is l havent needed to generate an unlock code and lm feeling allot less annoyed with my phone now lol.

in any case appreciate the links and props to all who had put it together.