ro.build.host=zhangchun-desktop

ro.build.tags=release-keys

ro.product.model=ZTE-BLADE

ro.product.brand=ZTE

ro.product.name=P729T_Telenor

amss.mbn seems to be updated too.

Edited by Jekle

Guest hedgepigdaniel

All these carriers would do better just to use mediafire :)

I'll put it up in flashable form in a bit.

Maybe there are newer RIL libs with the 2.2.2 firmware?

Guest Jekle

All these carriers would do better just to use mediafire :)

I'll put it up in flashable form in a bit.

Maybe there are newer RIL libs with the 2.2.2 firmware?

Yep, It is 2.2 r10 instead of r9 on these updates but the Generic ZTE Update brought r10 as well.

Guest KonstaT

I made this into a flashable zip and tried it. After the usual SIM lock screen there came another SIM screen asking for "SIM network unlock PIN". Tried giving my regular PIN, no luck. What is that? I've never seen such thing before. My phone was sold unlocked. Didn't get very far in testing this ROM... ;)

edit. Managed to get aroud it. Ambient light sensor works for me unlike with the chinese 2.2.2.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest tlaci

I made this into a flashable zip and tried it. After the usual SIM lock screen there came another SIM screen asking for "SIM network unlock PIN". Tried giving my regular PIN, no luck. What is that? I've never seen such thing before. My phone was sold unlocked. Didn't get very far in testing this ROM... ;)

Your phone is not unlocked. You have to change the phone.apk. It's locked to Telenor.

Guest KonstaT

Could you post the modified Phone.apk please KonstaT ?

I just used the phone.apk from the chinese 2.2.2. But you need to re-sign that .apk and few other things, otherwise you get lots of force-closes.

Guest PeaNut_HU

I just used the phone.apk from the chinese 2.2.2. But you need to re-sign that .apk and few other things, otherwise you get lots of force-closes.

Is this ROM "branded" ? custom bootlogo, apn, browser etc. settings ? Is it rooted ?

I am still finding Froyo ROMs the most stable and like to try, but not until it is "factory unlocked" and rooted.

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT

Is this ROM "branded" ? custom bootlogo, apn, browser etc. settings ? Is it rooted ?

I am still finding Froyo ROMs the most stable and like to try, but not until it is "factory unlocked" and rooted.

Thanks.

It was quite clean. Kernel was ZTE branded. Browser homepage was set to telenor.hu. Nothing other than that. Apns might have been limited, not sure, I replaced those from the start. It isn't rooted, none of the stock ROMs are.

I actually already made this into a custom ROM with all the same features as my Triple Two Project. I'm not planning on releasing it though. They are not that different. I might include some stuff from this one to that one. Already made it as an option to use this kernel. You can try that one if you like. It can be found here:

Guest Jekle

It was quite clean. Kernel was ZTE branded. Browser homepage was set to telenor.hu. Nothing other than that. Apns might have been limited, not sure, I replaced those from the start. It isn't rooted, none of the stock ROMs are.

I actually already made this into a custom ROM with all the same features as my Triple Two Project. I'm not planning on releasing it though. They are not that different. I might include some stuff from this one to that one. Already made it as an option to use this kernel. You can try that one if you like. It can be found here:

There is a big difference, the lockscreen is ugly on the Unicom ROM the Telenor ROM is not ugly!

There is a big difference, the lockscreen is ugly on the Unicom ROM the Telenor ROM is not ugly!

Yeah, it's nice, glassy transparent look, I might steal it for GSF. The dock bar looks nice too, also a bit transparent & has nice white icons.

Still, it's 2.2(.2), wifi & bluetooth sleep bugs are still there.

Guest Lemolabass

Unlock Generator on the Pinned Topics.

Oh, I must be blind but I cannot find it?

Edit, found it, thanks!

Edited by Lemolabass

Guest hecatae

ok interesting build.

md5sum 0c5b43d24accba187cfc871d5fe0bc37 telenor froyo rooted and updated.zip

all gapps updated, superuser installed, vmheap 48m.

http://www.multiupload.com/4F2OXIL9I2

finished playing around with it at the moment.

system partition needs minimum of 171mb to boot, so either revert to stock partitions or remove some gapps

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=73896

superuser attached above to post to flash afterwards to properly root

• 2 weeks later...

ok interesting build.

md5sum 0c5b43d24accba187cfc871d5fe0bc37 telenor froyo rooted and updated.zip

all gapps updated, superuser installed, vmheap 48m.

http://www.multiupload.com/4F2OXIL9I2

finished playing around with it at the moment.

system partition needs minimum of 171mb to boot, so either revert to stock partitions or remove some gapps

Testing it now .

But imo it's not rooted.

I had to use Z4root to get it rooted.

Edited by Kuoi

Guest hecatae

Testing it now .

But imo it's not rooted.

I had to use Z4root to get it rooted.

yes, did not state was rooted, the zip name is incorrect and i cant be bothered to waste my time uploading a corrected zip name

yes, did not state was rooted, the zip name is incorrect and i cant be bothered to waste my time uploading a corrected zip name

No problem ... as far as I've tested it , this is a VERY stable , fast and very good battery life rom :rolleyes:

I think I'll keep this on my phone.

Many thanks

imo Speed and battery life are BETTER in THIS rom then GSF .

And imo , all versions from GSF after B14 have worse battery life then B14 and before.

Is the GPS in this rom superfast , or am I just overenthousiast ? :D

Edited by Kuoi