cannot boot after install R19

Guest nickdelf

Guest nickdelf

I have followed the instructions very carefully, and cannot get my phone to reboot after the install of the update. Each time I have to remove the battery then restore from the cwm backup. I have a stock LGP990 that has not been rooted. I have updated the baseband without any problems.

Please help, I have been around this loop multiple times and getting very frustrated

thanks

Guest Stryke69

Have you wiped all your data and cache before the install? Maybe this will help. But keep in mind that you lose all your data with that so make backups (titanium)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Guest nickdelf

Have you wiped all your data and cache before the install? Maybe this will help. But keep in mind that you lose all your data with that so make backups (titanium)

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

yes backed up in cwm (i don't have any data to lose) wiped everything and followed the uppate process (with no errors). I have tried with 2 download versions of the R19 update zip (one Vanilla at 150mb and the other at 200mb) both are 'unsigned' I don't know if this is important?

Guest k-sound

I have done countless custom installs, I used to run cyanogen a while but last night I had so problems with the latest nightly so I decided to switch back to modaco. the 19 isn't working for me either so i reverted to 18 for now.

Guest nickdelf

I have done countless custom installs, I used to run cyanogen a while but last night I had so problems with the latest nightly so I decided to switch back to modaco. the 19 isn't working for me either so i reverted to 18 for now.

Do you know where I can get 18 from? Maybe I try this to see if it works.

Guest nickdelf

Trying again with a fresh download of FR19-Vanilla.

Noticed when I looked in sdcard/_externalsd that there are 2 zip files for this. One 156mb and the other 400k, both have same fr19-vanill....name

Did a wipe, and

install:

finding update package

installing update

created by...etc

writing system

writing internal SD

writing Boot

checking permissions

finishing up

install from SD card complete.

now I reboot

LG logo

blue line stops moving

10 mins and nothing happens

45 mins no change, pulled out the battery and restore back to stock!

Still no satisfaction ....

Guest nickdelf

had the same problem, fixed by converting back to ext3 before installing the rom

I am not aware that I have changed to ext4, I had a stock rom from LG until now (assumed this came with earlier version). Do you know how to check what ext I have in the phone now?

Guest Bespatter

I am not aware that I have changed to ext4, I had a stock rom from LG until now (assumed this came with earlier version). Do you know how to check what ext I have in the phone now?

I had exactly the same issue as you when I installed FR19, I too was coming from stock.

I got around it by installing an older version of ClockworkMod Recovery (possibly 3.2 I dont remember exactly) and performing the ROM install from that. I've since moved to the latest version 4.0.0.9 and I can flash whatever I like now.

I can explain why this might be, however it's worth a go to try to get you out of a pickle.

Guest nickdelf

I used the go back to EXT3 patch, then installed FR19 and it worked perfectly! I too am using CWM 4.....Guess this must have changed my phone to EXT4 without me realising it.

thanks all for helpful comments

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DJCannonball

I used the go back to EXT3 patch, then installed FR19 and it worked perfectly! I too am using CWM 4.....Guess this must have changed my phone to EXT4 without me realising it.

thanks all for helpful comments

i came from fr16

flashed fr19 from kitchen.

doesn't boot any more.

how can i tell wich ext3/4 i am? and how can i convert while my phone isn't booting?

Guest nickdelf

i came from fr16

flashed fr19 from kitchen.

doesn't boot any more.

how can i tell wich ext3/4 i am? and how can i convert while my phone isn't booting?

I'm no expert, all i did was to restore the phone back to its previous state using the option in the clockwork menu. Then the phone worked again. Then I used the EXT3 patch to go back from 4 to 3 (though I have no idea how my phone went to 4 in the first place) Then I flashed FR19 again and it it booted without problems. I used the vanilla version of FR19 and it works much better than stock, though I am now having issues with the phone which might be down to the BB I'm told.