20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jazz452

Can I install this ROM without having physical external memory card ?

Think its not possible as u have to put rom on sd card to flash.

Are we all waiting for GR2?

Edited by jazz452

Guest ElecTricX

Gr2 test kitchen will open Monday with further enhancements to follow (i'll be fully dissecting the G2X update). :)

P

Can't seem to see this in the kitchen as we speak.. any problems?

Guest zippyioa

Can't seem to see this in the kitchen as we speak.. any problems?

Paul said Monday, but he didn't say which Monday ;)

I'm sure he'll open it up when its ready for us.

Guest Valmar

Dear All,

I gave up and went back to FR19. I got a number of killer bugs like:

1. Phone not unlocking

2. Camera not working (as explained before)

3. WiFi going on and off by itself (as explained before)

4. The phone does not shut down

5. Dropped calls

6. Random ForceCloses

What left me puzzled is that most people don't have this. How is it possible, don't we all have the same hardware. For sue I am doing something wrong, but what exactly? I explained the procedure I follow before.

Valerio

Dear All,

I gave up and went back to FR19. I got a number of killer bugs like:

1. Phone not unlocking

2. Camera not working (as explained before)

3. WiFi going on and off by itself (as explained before)

4. The phone does not shut down

5. Dropped calls

6. Random ForceCloses

What left me puzzled is that most people don't have this. How is it possible, don't we all have the same hardware. For sue I am doing something wrong, but what exactly? I explained the procedure I follow before.

Valerio

It was an Alpha release, meaning it is unstable.

Guest abwyatt

It was an Alpha release, meaning it is unstable.

yes alpha, but at the same time many have no problems with using it as an everyday ROM.

it has been absolutely stable and fast for me. all major functionality is working including gps. just a couple of minor glitches involving video zoom and occasionally having to turn off and on the data/wifi connection when it fails to negotiate a connection on wakeup. have approx 100 apps installed with no problems: originally restored from Titanium. played Drag Racing for 3 hours straight today over wifi and data without a hitch.

I hope you are all doing full wipes before installing for first time.

I have done numerous swap-outs of the baseband to find the most optimal one. settled on the 622 gingerbread. clearest calls I have ever had since bought the phone. after a baseband change, a full restore with my 100 apps and settings goes back in without a hitch.

Guest achim w.

yes alpha, but at the same time many have no problems with using it as an everyday ROM.

it has been absolutely stable and fast for me. all major functionality is working including gps. just a couple of minor glitches involving video zoom and occasionally having to turn off and on the data/wifi connection when it fails to negotiate a connection on wakeup. have approx 100 apps installed with no problems: originally restored from Titanium. played Drag Racing for 3 hours straight today over wifi and data without a hitch.

I hope you are all doing full wipes before installing for first time.

I have done numerous swap-outs of the baseband to find the most optimal one. settled on the 622 gingerbread. clearest calls I have ever had since bought the phone. after a baseband change, a full restore with my 100 apps and settings goes back in without a hitch.

That's what's so funny. I did a full wipe, switched baseband between Gingerbread 622 and FR 622 and still had the problem with FC of musicplayer and no sound for ringtones. And what's even more funny is, that only 2 other people seem to have the same problem. To be honest I don't even know if other problems exist for me because I stopped testing when experiencing the sound problems.

So why is it I do experiencing thise problems and you don't. For me it looks as if we do have different hardware.

Been using this ROM since Sunday. Loving it so far especially the new lockscreen!

1. Just had a spontaneous reboot while turning on USB storage. :angry:
  2. Battery life while standby is real good, but every time I wake up the phone it seems to lose 2-4% immediately. Still can easily get through 24 hours on a single charge, though.
  3. As others have reported, WiFi is flaky -- you need to turn on either mobile data or airplane mode for it to work. When mobile data is on, WiFi speed is down to 10-20% of normal. Though it seems I no longer get WiFi error when trying to turn it on.
  4. Flash video performance suffers in Opera Mobile but okay in Dolphin HD -- still not as good as Fr19. And yes, I did update the Flash Player.
  5. I had two occasions in which the phone refused to display SIM contacts. Solved by rebooting. (Edit: Just found out this happens whenever airplane mode is on)
  6. After a missed call a box appears on the lockscreen which is draggable downwards. Is that supposed to bring up the call log? Because it doesn't. ;) I am not using LG launcher though.
  7. Minor display problem in call log. Please see attachment. Tried both English (UK) and English (US). Call log was restored from a Fr19 backup though.
post-899321-0-87556200-1311691336_thumb. Edited by akyp

Guest jazz452

That's what's so funny. I did a full wipe, switched baseband between Gingerbread 622 and FR 622 and still had the problem with FC of musicplayer and no sound for ringtones. And what's even more funny is, that only 2 other people seem to have the same problem. To be honest I don't even know if other problems exist for me because I stopped testing when experiencing the sound problems.

So why is it I do experiencing thise problems and you don't. For me it looks as if we do have different hardware.

Guest jazz452

Guest PhilNelwyn

Do you have the same recovery version?

And if not, could it be the reason?

Guest bambax

Help!!!!!! I'm having issues with my data service. Only wifi work but when I switch it off I cant get network data. I even flashed the gingerbread baseband to see if it will help but there has been no change. Anyone has the same problem or has solved this please?

Guest Stevvie

Help!!!!!! I'm having issues with my data service. Only wifi work but when I switch it off I cant get network data. I even flashed the gingerbread baseband to see if it will help but there has been no change. Anyone has the same problem or has solved this please?

A few of us have issues with our data service. We have found that turning off then on (maybe a couple of times) the 'data enabled' setting in wireless-mobile network solves it.

Guest bambax

Ok thanks, this rom is so nice that if(when) all the minor quirks are ironed out by Paul LG's gingerbread will have to come out with something like morphing to switch lol.

A few of us have issues with our data service. We have found that turning off then on (maybe a couple of times) the 'data enabled' setting in wireless-mobile network solves it.

Edited by bambax

Guest Valmar

Dear All,

I found what was causing my problem. It was the External SD card, strange as it seems. I formatted the SD Card and all the problems have disappeared (until now, at least)

Very strange

Valerio

Guest achim w.

Do you have the same recovery version?

And if not, could it be the reason?

Sorry - but I ain't that deep into all this to know what you mean by "recovery version". Please could you explain what that is?

Thank you

Guest ethansp

Anyone tried the game "plants vs zombies"? (you cand find it on amazon store or other "usual stores" ;) )

I've it working on cm7 but with cm7 didnt work anything more important for me (bluetooth a2dp).

Other games like angry birds works fine.

I've tried in clean rom with full wipe but nothing change.

For the rest, works fine, no issues with networking or audio. (622RIL).

Thanks for the work paul!

Guest zippyioa

Anyone heard anything from Paul?

On Twitter around 5 hours ago he said "Time for a cup of tea, I'm getting grouchy!"

Perhaps the GR2 ROM is giving him grief? :D

Guest sckank

On Twitter around 5 hours ago he said "Time for a cup of tea, I'm getting grouchy!"

Perhaps the GR2 ROM is giving him grief? :D

Well, he said he should release it monday so I bet it is :)