20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dzhedaj

Odd,

stock kernel and 0725bb.

home button does not work. any one else experiencing this? it gives feedback but no response.

This behavior was always present with GB ROMs if you didn't complete the initial setup wizard.

Guest Sheppie

With the CM roms my SD card was the default install location for all apps. I belive the path was:/emmc/android/data/*insert app here* (don't know about the emmc). Is it possible to also have it with this rom?

Guest arrediabo

This behavior was always present with GB ROMs if you didn't complete the initial setup wizard.

True, i didn't :unsure:

So, a full wipe and go through the initial setup at first boot should solve this right?

Guest Froderikus

I have heard of this before, but can't remember what caused it... did you wipe? Which launcher?

P

Hello,

had this problem with GR3 vanilla, wiped and flashed again - all fine.

Frank

Guest brunoli

Which deep sleep problem?

No changelog, but I hear this could even be the 'shipping release'!

P

This (from GR3 post) :

I noticed one very annoying bug :

I use Maildroid wich is fine.

If I use the "push" option, no problem to receive the emails

If I stop "push" and configure it to connect every 15min, I only receive emails when I have the screen ON and open Maildroid.

It looks like the phone goes in "deep sleep' and close the connection completely...

also from another user :

Another weird thing. It seems like phone goes into deep sleep, and disconnecting from mobile inet, because gtalk and other jabber clients goes offline after some time of inactivity, and goes online only when phone is unlocked. Its related to all gingerbread leaks.
Edited by brunoli

Guest arrediabo

Odd,

stock kernel and 0725bb.

home button does not work. any one else experiencing this? it gives feedback but no response.

reBaked, reWiped, reFlasehed: resolved :lol:

Great work. Thanks a lot Paul

Guest IzzyStradlin

Thanks for this Paul.. Just one question, am I the only one reading "Cores: 1" in Quadrant? Does this mean that my other core is not working? Thanks!

Guest Froderikus

Hello Paul,

is there any further information about your custom kernels.

do they come with OC, UV or Voodoo sound?

I can't find anything.

Thank you,

Frank

Guest Brembo109

Thanks for this Paul.. Just one question, am I the only one reading "Cores: 1" in Quadrant? Does this mean that my other core is not working? Thanks!

I think thats related on how quadrant is working. it always shows only 1 of 2 cores, not compared which rom you´re using. i think quadrant isn´t developed for multi-core devices.

Edited by Brembo109

Guest IzzyStradlin

I think thats related on how quadrant is working. it always shows only 1 of 2 cores, not compared which rom you´re using. i think quadrant isn´t developed for multi-core devices.

Glad to hear! Thanks!!

Guest jambezuk

I have heard of this before, but can't remember what caused it... did you wipe? Which launcher?

P

Happened when you quit the welcome wizard before completing it... reflashing and going through the wizard fixed it.

Guest brunoli

Hi guys,

Is this rom ext3 or ext4?

And i'm currently running FR19, does anyone remember if that was 3 or 4? or is there a way to check?

Cheers

Ext4..I think. For sure FR18b2 was ext4

To verify :

If you have ADB installed on your computer, connect the phone and in a command-shell type:

adb shell mount

If not, download a terminal emulator app, and in it type

mount

Look for the lines containing "/system", "/data" and "/cache". Immediately after, it'll say either "ext3" or "ext4".

From Trymm

Edited by brunoli

Guest c.joenie

Paul,

can you reduce memory consumption of the apps and of the kernel, like you did with the froyo version? I would love to play the "bigger" games fluently again :) (bigger games: Galaxy on fire, dungeon defenders) without having to reset my phone first :).

Paul,

can you reduce memory consumption of the apps and of the kernel, like you did with the froyo version? I would love to play the "bigger" games fluently again :) (bigger games: Galaxy on fire, dungeon defenders) without having to reset my phone first :).

I haven't removed OmaDRM update client yet, i'll do that shortly, that'll help a lot. :D

P

Guest gk141054

Eeekk. can anyone help - think i've screwed my phone up.....

Just tried to install Gr4 and all seemed to go well except when I reboot it, the white LG logo screen comes up, then the LG logo and the Modaco logo together... then it just keeps flashing between the LG logo screen and a black screen like its in a boot loop......

I pulled the battery and tried to boot back into CWM but I just get the S/W Upgrade Please Wait while upgrading..." screen...

Anyone help a man in desperate need please????

Guest c.joenie

I haven't removed OmaDRM update client yet, i'll do that shortly, that'll help a lot. :D

P

Great! You also did some stuff with the other apps back int he Froyo days :). Is that stuff repeatable for this version?

Guest Kostja_V

Paul,

If it is possible, please fix WiFi sleep policy presets...

When screen turns off - it is default option and works fine. WiFi disconnects if phone sleeps.

Never when plugged in - works fine too. WiFi doesn't drop signal if device is connected to charger.

Never - doesn't work. WiFi signal drops with and without charger connected. No difference with "When screen turns off" option.