20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Well - it's true that I had the issue with SPB Shell in FR19 as well. But in between I tested several other ROMS (CM7, MIUI and Topogigi) and with these this problem didn't exist.

Even in stock ROM (version I don't know - I started using other ROMS about half a year ago) I didn't have this problem.

Could it have something to do with not being able to address enough RAM? Because when I tried GR4 in its earlier versions I also had the problem with SPB having to reloaded every once in a while, when coming back from another application. At this time I figured that the usage of RAM by GR4 could be the problem and the Taskmanager had to close the Shell in order to be able to run other apps. But this problem doesn't exist anymore in the current version of GR4 I use.

Thank you for your help

No, I don't think it's RAM related...

P

Hello Paul,

Love the rom, nice and clean, the only problem I'm encountering is battery life. I had a look at the batt stats and it showed ( and is actually still showing) "mirror" at 25% use and "gallery" at 25% use.

A problem with the rom or just my install, should I do a battery reset?

Guest jambezuk

Haven't heard anyone with this complaint in a while:

My data keeps stopping and can be easily restarted by turning data on and off. Is there a fix for this?

In addition when using Toggle2G, switching from 2g-3g or 3g-2g causes me to lose all reception for 5-30 seconds (sometimes more), before it returns.

James

Edited by jambezuk

Haven't heard anyone with this complaint in a while:

My data keeps stopping and can be easily restarted by turning data on and off. Is there a fix for this?

In addition when using Toggle2G, switching from 2g-3g or 3g-2g causes me to lose all reception for 5-30 seconds (sometimes more), before it returns.

James

That sounds like a baseband / RIL issue, try another baseband would be my advice!

re: Toggle2G, I think that's what happens when you do it in the normal UI too right? Hence it's expected behaviour...

P

That is normal. H should always only show when data is actually being transferred.

P

Is this a new thing? The H icon used to show all the time on previous Froyo ROMs

Thanks

Guest jordi08028

Hi,

I've been trying GR4 prebake core + vanilla ed.

Problem: GPS does not find any satellites. Tried in various locations where before GR4 GPS worked ok.

BB 725 GB + RIL v20j (from ROM) and also tried v20i.

Kernel from prebake and also tried Neoblaze.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Guest BlaqMagicc

I have a general question to u folks out there. with which kernel did u experience the best battery life?

-stock

-mck 24

-neoblaze (newest)

-horse power RC2 (newest)

-Ext3 or Ext4 (does it even matter?)

Thx

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Hello Paul and congratulation for this stellar ROM. I mentioned yesterday an issue that im having w flash video, not being able to even do 480p (let alone 720p), clearly not using any HW acceleration. I dont know wether its only me or others have it. Moreover (and most important) after a couple of hours of heavy use, a left the phone at about 40-50% of battery which, in about 7h of sleep (mine and the phone's :) ) was completely drained (didnt have this the night b4). I managed to take a look at the stats of Battery Monitor Widget just b4 it switched off (no battery) and i saw that the battery drain was as high as if i was still using the phone while it was at sleep (theoretically) and that a process called *wakelock* was 1st in the list with the higher up-time. Any ideas?

EDIT: Im on the vanilla ROM btw. If there is some other battery stats software/reading that you would prefer having to assess this issue let me know.

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest twisties

For those with bootloop problem, if you come from topogigi Roms, I think the problem is that the cache partition is also on EXT4...

So try this tool to revert to EXT3 also for the cache partition.

Be aware that all your partitions (/system /data and /cache) will be erased, so, don't forget to make a backup...

PS : Use with CWM...

Thanks, I was floundering there for a while with the same boot loop.

Strangely though, I'd come from I an EXT4 modaco rom (forget which one).

Tis working now :)

Guest c.joenie

I had a weird error as well: I was making a short phonecall and all of all sudden the screen did not want to wake up during the phone call :(. (using R24-ext4)

Guest dbbloke

It sounds like you are either trying to install an ext3 version of GR4 over a previous ext4 ROM, or an ext4 version of GR4 over a previous ext3 ROM.

What ROM are you flashing over, and what ext option did you select in the kitchen when you baked?

Install "getril" from the Android market. This will help you get the right RIL and baseband :)

Aah, think I worked out the confusion.

It seems there IS a Gingerbread Baseband 07.25 (if you read page one of this thread, at least there is now) but when you go to the smartflash page there is not Gingerbread BB listed, only an 0622 (and an 0725 without gingerbread comment). Now I guess the rom on the smartflash page 0725 might be compatible with Gingerbread, but it would make it a bit more clear if it had it in brackets (Can be used with Gingerbread) so you dont end up using the 0622 like I did thinking it's the only one which works. Probably didn't help I was on GR3 as well and an early adopter.

Anyhow, RIL tool reported I was on the wrong RIL and should get the 0725 BB so this is what I've done from the link on page 1 of this thread, NOT the smartflash page. So yeah, if you only read the first post here you are OK. But if you've been doing the smartflash page thing and from earlier on it might be causing people problems. So I guess RIL 0725 is baked into GR4 somehow. Anyhow, after a flash of the correct BB I now get a MATCHING BB, and a reset phone. So will do one last wipe all and flash and see how we go. Thanks for the pointers everyone :) Fingers crossed I get a decent battery life now.

Guest tveitur

Hi

After having used the Modaco 28 Jul Fr19 Rom for a while I yesterday baked a GR4 ROM to try out. First impression is good but then I turned into a problem related to the program Touchdown Exchange for Android 2.x.

First I was not able to download it from the market as it said my device was not compatible for this program. After wiping my device and reinstalling the GR4 ROM I was able to download it from the market but I could not get access to my purchased license Key. and after a while trying and failing I got the same message that my device was not compatible with this program.

I then wiped my device and reinstalled a FR19 ROM and everything was fine again. I could install this program and the my purchased license Key without any issues.

Does anyone use Touchdown Exchange for Android 2.x. on the GR4 ROM or have any experience in using this program on Ginger bread ROM? Or does any one have an idea on how I can get this SW to work on the GR4 ROM?

Thanks in advance?

Guest c.joenie

Hey Paul,

GR4-R24 has again the same GPS problem as GR3 had... I will revert to stock for now and wait for the next release :).

Btw, did you upgrade video drivers in your kernel? or are you using the ones from LG?

EDIT: Tested again, and this time, i don't keep on having a fix :(

Edited by c.joenie

Hey Paul,

GR4-R24 has again the same GPS problem as GR3 had... I will revert to stock for now and wait for the next release :).

Btw, did you upgrade video drivers in your kernel? or are you using the ones from LG?

EDIT: hmmz, sems i might have forgotten the GPS experimental fix, will bake again today and install :D. Sorry!

For me GPS is working great. Have a fix in 5 second max. :)

I have the HP Kernel RC3 from XDA.:P

Guest MaxEigelb

Does it also support tethering propperly?

for me it's working.. i'm using HP RC3 too.

no problems at all - even battery-life is fantastic!

this rom is far the best available,

thank you paul for your great work!

Max

Guest lap33733

Hey Paul,

EDIT: Tested again, and this time, i don't keep on having a fix :(

Also having GPS problems, after fix it just turns off.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Guest doncoop

Don't suppose anyone has the ROMs available for download somewhere other than FileSonic.

It seems that the site believes my IP address is already downloading :S

Cheers all

Guest Sheppie

To bad HP kernel doesn't work for me.

But paul, i've found a bug in the LG home screen i think. When I press an app from the menu to be placed on the home screen. The screen automatically scrolls to the right until i drop my app. Very strange and only when using the LG home screen.

Great rom, will check back for battery life.