N700 / Viewpad 7 "Improvements"

Guest AlanF100

Hi,

As a newbie to this forum, and to Android in general (having grown old with PCs/Windows), please excuse my ignorance.

I am on the verge of buying a Commtiva N700 or Viewpad 7 tablet, but I am a bit put off by some of the negative comments I read in varoius reviews.

I have also read some of this forum, but am a bit overwhelmed by some of the new jargon and the technical details.

Can an expert please advise me if this forum's previous threads, or elsewhere, can give me some guidance on :-

Improving the processor speed & hence performance by ROM changes, system tweeks, etc..

Is it possible to get Flash 10.1 to run on these devices ?

Can the video playback stability be improved (better than the "out of box performance") ?

Can OTG USB be made to work - so that external flash memory, external keyboard, etc., will connect to and work with this device ?

What other "improvements" are available ?

Thanks for any help,

AlanF

• 3 months later...
Guest Mjolinor

Hi,

As a newbie to this forum, and to Android in general (having grown old with PCs/Windows), please excuse my ignorance.

I am on the verge of buying a Commtiva N700 or Viewpad 7 tablet, but I am a bit put off by some of the negative comments I read in varoius reviews.

I have also read some of this forum, but am a bit overwhelmed by some of the new jargon and the technical details.

Can an expert please advise me if this forum's previous threads, or elsewhere, can give me some guidance on :-

Improving the processor speed & hence performance by ROM changes, system tweeks, etc..

Is it possible to get Flash 10.1 to run on these devices ?

Can the video playback stability be improved (better than the "out of box performance") ?

Can OTG USB be made to work - so that external flash memory, external keyboard, etc., will connect to and work with this device ?

What other "improvements" are available ?

Thanks for any help,

AlanF

USB OTG works out of the box. Just plug in the correct cable, keyboards and USB sticks work fine.