DHD on Orange Network. Losing network every few hours

Guest fergycool

Guest fergycool

Hi,

I'm using a DHD from Orange, UK running the Revolution rom (5.2.2 with recommended radio). I've had this phone for 8 months and it's been flawless, except over the past week it's started losing the Orange network after a few hours. Once lost nothing seems to get the network back other than a reboot. Manually searching for networks shows nothing, neither does leaving it on WCDMA only, GSM only or Auto.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">I'm not sure whether this is Rom related or network related.

Any tips people can offer me?

Thanks

Ferg

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

(crossposted with XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1175494)

Guest fergycool

I've been running a HTC Hero (with another Orange SIM) in parallel with my DHD and I've found that the signal is significantly weaker.

The HTC Hero varies between -69 and -80dBm on GPRS, the DHD varies between -89 and -93 dBm, and sometimes drops to -101, again on GPRS.

I'm no expert on signal strength but these are poor right?

Guest fergycool

I've been running a HTC Hero (with another Orange SIM) in parallel with my DHD and I've found that the signal is significantly weaker.

The HTC Hero varies between -69 and -80dBm on GPRS, the DHD varies between -89 and -93 dBm, and sometimes drops to -101, again on GPRS.

I'm no expert on signal strength but these are poor right?

To close this it seems that the closest cell tower to me was playing up, and is now turned off for service.