Advent Vega V2

Guest Jacobyte

Guest arnookie

This info was from a manager instore who said he had played with a working test unit a few weeks ago.

He said that he beleives his customers deserve the right to know what is coming and recons he will not bow to pressure about leaking info.

But maybe he is full of crap but with what he said it's very beleivable to a point. He says he can't see what the big deal is with hiding info. Still very unsure about the tegra 3 though. Still don't think that will be correct as I can't see dsg getting tegra 3 before anyone else.

Maybe he will get in trouble if dsg find out he is leaking info. ; O)

Rundown on what he a stated so far and insists it's fact

Rumour in pcworld is that it will be :-

Tegra 3.

16gb ram for apps

7inch and 10inch versions

GPS

better screen.

2.2 kernel upgrade to 3.2 in NOV / DEC

Still no market? weired as I thought we would get that. Although he stated it was a test machine he had seen so maybe it will come installed.

Unlocked and rooted from release. Confirmed by dsg memo Happy days. Unlocked? Do we get sim socket?

£265 ? £285 on release. but not confirmed. : O)

Sounds a little dear should be no more than £250 in my opinion. They may get away with that price if specs match the above.

If not Then I think no more than £230 would be reasonable.

Septembre release hopefully.

Edited by arnookie

• 2 weeks later...

Tegra 3? I find that kinda hard to believe as it's only just been released and usually takes a few months for a hardware manufacturer to build and test devices that run on new tech. I would expect tegra 3 devices to start being shipped in early 2012.

I would have thought it would use a 1.2ghz tegra 2 with better screen, maybe some more ram and some more features and updated operating system.

I'm considering buying a Vega but I'm not sure if I should wait or just buy the Vega, another option would be to wait till the Vega 2 comes out and then buy a Vega as the price would drop.

Edited by FC360

Guest Maringer

I think it is actually quite likely that Vega 2 could contain a T3. NVidia's original schedule claimed T3 would be available in tablets by August but this was perhaps a little ambitious. However, some rumours state that Ice Cream Sandwich for tablets is going to debut on the Tegra 3 and ICS is scheduled for October/November so we should see T3 tablets soon.

It will be interesting to see what Vega 2 is like. Hopefully it will have a decent screen - perhaps too much to hope for, however?!?

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on how long it's going to be. I've just smashed my v1 and don't know if to go like for like or get the V2

Just had it confirmed that its around 5 weeks according to Leigh at Dixons Delivery. No details, although I have asked if they have details of the spec.

dixonsdeliveryDixons Support Team

@u38966 Hi, My apologies for the latereply. I have received details that we are expecting the Vega 2 in around 5weeks. - Leigh

Sep 19, 8:39 AMvia web

• 2 weeks later...

Just had it confirmed that its around 5 weeks according to Leigh at Dixons Delivery. No details, although I have asked if they have details of the spec.

dixonsdeliveryDixons Support Team

@u38966 Hi, My apologies for the latereply. I have received details that we are expecting the Vega 2 in around 5weeks. - Leigh

Sep 19, 8:39 AMvia web

Thanks

I'll sit on the fence for a few more weeks then and see what the v2 islike

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MikhailM

http://www.myefox.co...let-pc-p-267397

and

http://www.isalechin...et-pc_p719.html

Shipping date 20th Oct. Looks legit. Still tegra 2.

Yes, still Tegra 2, but 1GB ram, better screen (1280 x 800), thinner (10.5 mm) and much lighter (600g)! Also apparently there is a protective cover, although that is not shown anywhere. New dock incorporates a speaker.

Edited by MikhailM

Yes, still Tegra 2, but 1GB ram, better screen (1280 x 800), thinner (10.5 mm) and much lighter (600g)! Also apparently there is a protective cover, although that is not shown anywhere. New dock incorporates a speaker.

Looks good, however, the price? If, as we sometime see Dollar v GBP equivalence, would that be a price of approx £350 blink.gif. I hope notmellow.gif

If that were to be the case then there would be better alternatives for that price. Worst case scenario mode = ON. wink.gif

Guest Jacobyte
1319218330' post=1829199']

Looks good, however, the price? If, as we sometime see Dollar v GBP equivalence, would that be a price of approx £350 blink.gif. I hope notmellow.gif

If that were to be the case then there would be better alternatives for that price. Worst case scenario mode = ON. wink.gif

If you follow one of the links above its on sale for $349

If you follow one of the links above its on sale for $349

Which given current exchange rates would be £220 approx...which would be nice smile.gif. However, I hope that would be the case as in current vega 1 prices and not £349 as sometimes we see as just changing dollar sign for £ sign smile.gif. I'm in if it's £220!! Well...if it has a better screen then it may well proove to be a steal.

Thx for replying my friend.

Edited by Furbz

Guest MikhailM

One of the sites allows you to select currency and re-calculates it into Pounds. 225 GBP for a WIFI only version, 275 GBP for a 3G version. About 22 GBP for the new port with speaker. This is if ordered from China.

One of the sites allows you to select currency and re-calculates it into Pounds. 225 GBP for a WIFI only version, 275 GBP for a 3G version. About 22 GBP for the new port with speaker. This is if ordered from China.

Cheers for that info m8 smile.gif. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys to check out the screen.

You can visit myefox.com.

http://www.myefox.com/myefoxpad-n10-advent-vega-v2-nvidia-tegra-2-android-3-2-tablet-pc-p-267397

This tablet PC launched by EFOX, reasonable price and high performance Android 3.2 OS, the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, GeForce CPU low power consumption, suitable for the treatment of various programs. About the appearance, proper design of the cover-slip bottom is good sensitivity, good visual effects and good wear resistance. A pre-sell activities on myefox.com now and product would deliver on October 20 together.

Guest MikhailM

You can visit myefox.com.

http://www.myefox.co...let-pc-p-267397

This tablet PC launched by EFOX, reasonable price and high performance Android 3.2 OS, the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor, GeForce CPU low power consumption, suitable for the treatment of various programs. About the appearance, proper design of the cover-slip bottom is good sensitivity, good visual effects and good wear resistance. A pre-sell activities on myefox.com now and product would deliver on October 20 together.

This looks very much like the Shuttle N10 shown earler in the year at Comtex. The re-sellers have now confirmed that this tablet runs Vegacomb 3.2 (without any acknowledgement of the work done by Newbe and the Elite Team in developing it. The standard tablet does not have an in-built 3G unit (have to use a dongle) and the claimed battery life is 6 hours. Price indicated on the web page does not include postage/delivery.

Newbe5 has apparently tried this tablet and wrote that it is not using Vegacomb 3.2, but instead a beta version of Honeycomb.

Edited by MikhailM

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MikhailM

PC World Customer Services have confirmed that the true Advent Vega v2 is scheduled to be released on 14th November, but say they do not yet know, what the specifications is. They say they will know a little closer to the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest netsalez

PC World Customer Services have confirmed that the true Advent Vega v2 is scheduled to be released on 14th November, but say they do not yet know, what the specifications is. They say they will know a little closer to the time.

Just checked online - nothing yet on this :(

Guest MikhailM

So ronerey, i'm tired of being so ronerey!

:angry:

Now that we are past the supposed release date for the Advent Vega V2, PC World's Knowhow team say they do not know for the reason for the delay and are now not giving any more dates, when it may appear. Their ever so helpful advise is - keep watching the PC World site!

So maybe sometime, maybe never ....

Guest MikhailM

seem DSG will not release advent vega II, I saw it had selled on chinese B2C website. www.aliexpress.com

The Advent Vega name belongs to DSG and the chinese sites are using it incorrectly. We do not really know, if this is the tablet, which may yet be released by DSG as the Vega 2. It is just the sellers of these tablets, who are cashing in on the popularity of the currnet Advent Vega.

Guest alexzhou

The Advent Vega name belongs to DSG and the chinese sites are using it incorrectly. We do not really know, if this is the tablet, which may yet be released by DSG as the Vega 2. It is just the sellers of these tablets, who are cashing in on the popularity of the currnet Advent Vega.

yes. advent vega is belongs to DSG. and made by shuttle. the N10, is made by shuttle too. it's upgrade item based on advent vega

Guest tibor22

I can confirm that the Avent Vega 2 is finally out, but it has different name(s) . I got my one a couple of days ago. I ordered it under the the name of "DVC N10" from Aliexpress and I got something with another name: "V91". But is must be the same as the one this topic is about, because of the photos and the hardware characteristic.

The data from Settings/About:

Modell no.: V91

Android version: 3.2.1

Kernel: 2.6.36.3 ant@ant-build #56

Build no. v00.07.00 20111007

The tablet -- after two days of usage -- works well, it's fast enough, has bright screen with nice colours, and 5-6 hours of battery life. But I cannot really judge the performance, because the firmware must be a beta version. My biggest problem is that the ROM has NO Goggle apps, so, I cannot use Market, Gmail, etc.

I'm an old Modaco member, been using different WindowsMobile phones for 10 years, but I am tollaly newbie in Android business. So, after surfing some forums a lot, I know that it is possible to install the Google-related apps, but I should flash them. And I have to "root" the device if I want to flash it. Am I right? I even have downloaded some files to install (Google apps package, Android ROM Manager, etc.) but I don't know HOW TO ROOT A HONEYCOMB 3.2 DEVICE?!

If someone could help me, I would appriciate it.

Thanks and cheers,

Tibor