Any use for the NFC?

Guest QLF

So, i've been reading reviews all round regarding the Galaxy SII, some state it has NFC, some say it doesn't.

Can any owners clear this up?

Assuming it DOES have NFC, are there any apps out there that utilise this functionality yet? Looking for something in the UK, read / write functionality etc. Ideal situation would be something that lets me scan my Oyster card and use my phone in it's place, (but understand this isn't likely anytime soon).

Have seen apps discussed online about using NFC for file sharing etc, so really looking to have a list of "must have" NFC apps for any android phone, with p[articular focus on ones that work on Galaxy SII.

Let me know what you've found.................

Guest rferrett

My understanding is that the European SGS2 does not have NFC in. Though the 32gig one might have when released later in the year.

My understanding is that the European SGS2 does not have NFC in. Though the 32gig one might have when released later in the year.

Hmmm. Would make me wait for the 32G version then.

States at follwoing link that it IS NFC enabled, but they also discuss both 16 and 32G models, so unsure which they reviewed...

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2011/07/19/samsung-galaxy-s-2-vs-lg-optimus-3d-2/

Anyone know of any worthwhile NFC apps for android? Or is it still awaiting a critical mass of devices before it takes off?