MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Share your favourite games!

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have to confess i'm something of an Android gaming amateur... I like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope etc. but I don't really know which games are hot and which are not.

Share which games you play! :)

P

Posted · Report post

Apparatus

Shaky tower

Posted · Report post

Currently installed on my TF101 (All from the Android Market):

Apparatus (Pretty, good puzzler and great for entertaining kids)

Cordy (A good show-off game, good sonic/puzzle platformer feel)

Cut the Rope (Natch)

No Gravity (Very nice Wing-commander-esq space shooter, best with a Zeemote, Better than Galaxy on Fire 2 IMHO)

Samurai II: Vengance (Very pretty beat-em-up I can while away hours playing this)

Fieldrunners/GRave Defense, ExZeus All good but I don't play them so much any more.

Don't have a single game on my phone any more the TF101 has just taken over there.

Posted · Report post

Airport Mania First Flight

Angry birds

Abduction .

I can't seem to get passed A in the games titles for some reason :unsure:

Posted · Report post

Ok, games I have on my phone and like playing:

Cubo (Ad-supported). Simple but nice 'Simon' type game.

Falling Fred (Ad-supported) You are Fred and you are falling to your death. Avoid obstacles as you fall. It's pretty cool!

Fieldrunners (Paid app) Popular on iPhone and a great tower defence game. Better than Robo Defence in my opinion

Fruit Ninja (Ad-supported. Paid version also available). Slice fruit. How can you not love this game?

Must.Eat.Birds (Paid app) Defend your cakes from hungry birds!

Samurai II: Vengeance (Paid app) *Tegra 2 version available here* Fantastic looking 3D ninja game. Great to play and for showing off!

Solipskier (Paid app) Really awesome skiing game where you have to draw the slopes for the man to ski on. Free version can be played online here.

They Need To Be Fed (Paid app) 'Feed the monsters in this 360° gravity-based platformer!'

Posted · Report post

Falling Fred looks kinda fun!

P

Posted · Report post

Falling Fred looks kinda fun!

P

It is! My only complaint is the ads are in a silly place but hopefully the authors will sort that out or release a paid version.

Edit: Apparently if you buy a character in-game it will remove ads.

Edit Edit: Yes it does. No more ads :D

Posted · Report post

I really enjoyed "age of zombies" from halfbrick, especially as it was free on amazon.

others that amuse;

reckless racing

glow hockey 2 (would be nice to see that on a 10" screen)!

pro evo soccer

Posted · Report post

Been playing game dev story for the past few weeks, before that it was grand prix story.

Isaac newtons gravity is a good puzzler.

Posted · Report post

The impossible game is good fun

Posted · Report post

Been playing game dev story for the past few weeks, before that it was grand prix story.

Isaac newtons gravity is a good puzzler.

Grand Prix Story looks ace!

P

Posted · Report post

Grand Prix Story looks ace!

P

I love these story games. Game Dev Story sucked up a lot of my time a few months ago.

Posted · Report post

BackStab HD by Gameloft is a beautiful game... check it out here :-)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftSDHM

Also Zombieville USA has just become available : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MikaMobile.Zombieville&feature=search_result

Super addictive!

Posted · Report post

these are the games on my hd2 that i recomend :

need for speed shift, asphalt 5, PES 2011, bruce lee, splinter cell : conviction, nova 2, shadow guardian, sacred oddysey, avatar, rf 2010 -2011, fishing kings, hawx, lets golf, shrek karting, raging thunder 2, turbo fly, trial x, guerrilla bob, pinball hd, age of zombies, angry birds, air attack hd, fruit ninja, spiderman : total mayhem, toki tori, samurai vengeance 2 (kinda sadistic, don't really like it coz of that but great graphics), plants vs zombies, the sims 3...

btw. i've installed fpse v.0.10.49 that runs good old psx games, these are the title that playable on my hd2 :

marvel vs capcom, tekken 3, soul edge, jacky chan : stunt master, dead or alive, metal slug, street fighter ex plus alpha,the king of fighters series, rival school.

hehe quite a lot huh... i think i need a bluetooth gamepad ;P

i played fpse because android games is so lacking on fighting games, think the developers should create more fighting games....

cheers...

Posted · Report post

I think Angry bird is better than Cut the Rope, because sometimes it is really funny and interesting to play. Also my favourite game is Angry bird.

Posted · Report post

Just finished Shift - really novel little platform puzzler

Cut the Rope is great

I like Townsmen 6 too

And They Need to Be Fed

I love the music on Hungry Spiders

Posted · Report post

Alchemy, Moon Chaser, Gem Miner, Lemonade Stand and Action Potato are the best android games ever made. I downloaded these on My android LG Optimus V and I really enjoy playing those.

Posted (edited) · Report post

In case you don't know, Pirate Kart is a free collection ofover 300 indie titles. I've been working my way through them and have found asurprising number of fun games that I actually go back to play again. Roughly,I would say the collection breaks down to 10% games I will definitely playagain and again, 70% games that were unique enough or funny enough to warrantplaying once or twice, and 20% that I have not been able to get to work or thatwere just plain awful. For a free collection, that's pretty good!

Some of my favorites so far:

Hero'sAdventure - A short but funny take on traditional rpgs.

Notthe Sharpest Knife in the Box -Fun little game where you manipulate a man in a box as he tries to avoid knivesbeing shoved into it. Addictive.

CutHere - Haven't played all the way through, but aninventive puzzler where you have to slice pieces of the landscape away.

BrainDead - Awesome visuals and soundtrack for this one-buttonplatformer.

MakeMe a Moon - Cool little game where you are a planet trying toattract asteroids into your orbit.

LowBit Rate Figher -Haven't quite figured this out, but the idea is just so cool.

Let'sTyping Some English -Worth playing once for a laugh.

ShootOne Million Rockets at One Million Enemies - Pretty much what it sounds like. The graphics andthe controls make it work for me; great time killer in small five minute blocks.

How about you, what are your favorites? If youhaven't downloaded this yet, you have nothing to lose and you're bound to likeat least a couple of the games.

Edited by Hector03

Posted · Report post

Angry Birds, Fruit Nanji