MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

Monte Carlo/Skate 800 Mhz

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He might just be a PR guy and they can talk sh*t all day, no offence Lyle/Sean.

Nah that guy in the video is a senior engineer at ZTE.

PR guys can only talk based on the information they have been given.

Posted · Report post

PR guys can only talk based on the information they have been given.

Oh boy, do I wish that were true.

Unfortunately PR folk have a habit of massively embellishing on what they are told, or inventing totally new stuff, without checking back that their statements are justified. At the same time, they like to ban real engineers from talking, on the basis they might actually tell the truth - contradicting the PR person.

If that sounds bitter and twisted, let's just say I've had to deal with the fallout from dealing with the mindset, close up.

Posted · Report post

This ambak guy never posts but has downrated every post I've made today, seems suspicious.

Posted (edited) · Report post

This ambak guy never posts but has downrated every post I've made today, seems suspicious.
How do you find out who has downrated? I've had some fanboys nerdrage and downvote my posts too :P.

EDIT: Never mind, found out it was a typical CM fanboy B).

Edited by Atomix86

Posted · Report post

hey for people who is put off by the armv6 not having flash you can use this moded adobe flash 10.1 it works on the blade so i think it will on the skate/monte carlo.

yeah as that works SOOOOOO well :angry:

Posted · Report post

yeah as that works SOOOOOO well :angry:

works fine for me + its better than nothing

Posted · Report post

He might just be a PR guy and they can talk sh*t all day, no offence Lyle/Sean.

none taken - we are looking into this and hope to get a sensible answer to you soon.

Lyle

Posted · Report post

Oh boy, do I wish that were true.

Unfortunately PR folk have a habit of massively embellishing on what they are told, or inventing totally new stuff, without checking back that their statements are justified. At the same time, they like to ban real engineers from talking, on the basis they might actually tell the truth - contradicting the PR person.

If that sounds bitter and twisted, let's just say I've had to deal with the fallout from dealing with the mindset, close up.

Tarred by the brush of others. :-)

We are aiming to be helpful where we can.

Lyle

Posted · Report post

Tarred by the brush of others. :-)

We are aiming to be helpful where we can.

Lyle

Don't worry lyle we love you really wub.gif

rolleyes.gif

Posted (edited) · Report post

ARMV6 = DOA

Very disappointing, complete waste of money if you ask me, may as well get a san francisco and save a bit of cash. The only advantages this has is a bigger (not better) screen and slightly upgraded camera w/ flash and a stock 2.3 rom thats probably worse than most of the san francsico 2.3 roms on here.

Although my san francisco is great value and good for what it is, I wouldn't touch ARMv6 with a barge pole ever again.

MASSIVE FAIL.

Huawei U8800 is still the cheapest ARMv7 handset you can buy new that i've seen to date.

Edited by Sere83

Posted · Report post

Whats the likely ability to overclock the msm7227-t chipset? I know other samsung and LG devices use it but i'm struggling to find any concrete info about their overclockability.

Posted · Report post

At a guess id say it will go to around 980 max although I hope higher?

Posted · Report post

Lets hope so! 1ghz would be a nice round figure ;p

Posted · Report post

Surely, the specs of Skate is 2-3 years old!

I am very disappointed that Skate was rumoured last year and a year on it is still "on the pipe line".

I am disappointed not because I want to buy Skate. It is because I bought ZTE shares!

I bought ZTE shares early this year because of the success of Blade/SF. When the law suit against SE(?) started I duly sold it. Surely enough ZTE price has dropped 30% since. I recently bought the shares again at the low price and it is still dropping.

No wonder, judging by the progress it has made with Skate, I am not optimistic.

May be they are waiting to buy 800MHz processors on the cheap, and still waiting!

ZTE shares has dropped another 30% in the last 3 weeks! 13% drop today alone amid poor results.

It is not surprising judging from the Skate saga.