Monte Carlo/Skate 800 Mhz

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Guest Simon O

He might just be a PR guy and they can talk sh*t all day, no offence Lyle/Sean.

Nah that guy in the video is a senior engineer at ZTE.

PR guys can only talk based on the information they have been given.

Guest sane?

PR guys can only talk based on the information they have been given.

Oh boy, do I wish that were true.

Unfortunately PR folk have a habit of massively embellishing on what they are told, or inventing totally new stuff, without checking back that their statements are justified. At the same time, they like to ban real engineers from talking, on the basis they might actually tell the truth - contradicting the PR person.

If that sounds bitter and twisted, let's just say I've had to deal with the fallout from dealing with the mindset, close up.

Guest Atomix86
This ambak guy never posts but has downrated every post I've made today, seems suspicious.
How do you find out who has downrated? I've had some fanboys nerdrage and downvote my posts too :P.

EDIT: Never mind, found out it was a typical CM fanboy B).

Edited by Atomix86

Guest sej7278

hey for people who is put off by the armv6 not having flash you can use this moded adobe flash 10.1 it works on the blade so i think it will on the skate/monte carlo.

yeah as that works SOOOOOO well :angry:

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

He might just be a PR guy and they can talk sh*t all day, no offence Lyle/Sean.

none taken - we are looking into this and hope to get a sensible answer to you soon.

Lyle

Guest ZTE_SeanJacko

Oh boy, do I wish that were true.

Unfortunately PR folk have a habit of massively embellishing on what they are told, or inventing totally new stuff, without checking back that their statements are justified. At the same time, they like to ban real engineers from talking, on the basis they might actually tell the truth - contradicting the PR person.

If that sounds bitter and twisted, let's just say I've had to deal with the fallout from dealing with the mindset, close up.

Tarred by the brush of others. :-)

We are aiming to be helpful where we can.

Lyle

Guest Sere83

ARMV6 = DOA

Very disappointing, complete waste of money if you ask me, may as well get a san francisco and save a bit of cash. The only advantages this has is a bigger (not better) screen and slightly upgraded camera w/ flash and a stock 2.3 rom thats probably worse than most of the san francsico 2.3 roms on here.

Although my san francisco is great value and good for what it is, I wouldn't touch ARMv6 with a barge pole ever again.

MASSIVE FAIL.

Huawei U8800 is still the cheapest ARMv7 handset you can buy new that i've seen to date.

Edited by Sere83

Guest causeway

Whats the likely ability to overclock the msm7227-t chipset? I know other samsung and LG devices use it but i'm struggling to find any concrete info about their overclockability.

Guest ronc2000

Surely, the specs of Skate is 2-3 years old!

I am very disappointed that Skate was rumoured last year and a year on it is still "on the pipe line".

I am disappointed not because I want to buy Skate. It is because I bought ZTE shares!

I bought ZTE shares early this year because of the success of Blade/SF. When the law suit against SE(?) started I duly sold it. Surely enough ZTE price has dropped 30% since. I recently bought the shares again at the low price and it is still dropping.

No wonder, judging by the progress it has made with Skate, I am not optimistic.

May be they are waiting to buy 800MHz processors on the cheap, and still waiting!

ZTE shares has dropped another 30% in the last 3 weeks! 13% drop today alone amid poor results.

It is not surprising judging from the Skate saga.