• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Which ROMs??

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I have been around awhile, barely can flash my phone. So, there is my level of expertise...

I am wondering what all the cooks are running on their own personal O2's??

I have used Steels beta Sense, AMD lite ROM (current), Ninja's Today. I am wondering what the cooks themselves are using.

And I understand requesting something is like wishing in one hand and _____ in the other, I am only looking for a ROM that offers RAM (though speed is only critical sometimes), battery life, web browsing (opera I understand the RAM hog, but I am used to it now), and listening to music, flashlight, JinBox ONLY!! (hate the default texting in Samsung), and reading e books. Can any of you great cooks help me out. I don't need a reg edit or an overclocking, or games, or orientation. Stuff like that. If any of you maybe interested in making the most basic streamlined ROM, i would love to converse and create something useful for those of us who continually are overwhelmed by all the stuff on the phone that may be useless or unused since it resides over are heads.

I have read the guides about cooking but they just give me a headache.... This is my last ditch effort to combine my usage and basic understanding to either cook or combine and create something so streamlined and useful to us newbies that MODACO will have to deem us legends!

If anyone reads this that feels the same way please be heard and reply to this post, and if anyone wants to help create a ROM that has about 65-74 RAM available but with just enough programs to not get lost driving, in the dark, or without a quick easy topic at their next cocktail party,

PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND!!

Posted

I have been around awhile, barely can flash my phone. So, there is my level of expertise...

I am wondering what all the cooks are running on their own personal O2's??

I have used Steels beta Sense, AMD lite ROM (current), Ninja's Today. I am wondering what the cooks themselves are using.

And I understand requesting something is like wishing in one hand and _____ in the other, I am only looking for a ROM that offers RAM (though speed is only critical sometimes), battery life, web browsing (opera I understand the RAM hog, but I am used to it now), and listening to music, flashlight, JinBox ONLY!! (hate the default texting in Samsung), and reading e books. Can any of you great cooks help me out. I don't need a reg edit or an overclocking, or games, or orientation. Stuff like that. If any of you maybe interested in making the most basic streamlined ROM, i would love to converse and create something useful for those of us who continually are overwhelmed by all the stuff on the phone that may be useless or unused since it resides over are heads.

I have read the guides about cooking but they just give me a headache.... This is my last ditch effort to combine my usage and basic understanding to either cook or combine and create something so streamlined and useful to us newbies that MODACO will have to deem us legends!

If anyone reads this that feels the same way please be heard and reply to this post, and if anyone wants to help create a ROM that has about 65-74 RAM available but with just enough programs to not get lost driving, in the dark, or without a quick easy topic at their next cocktail party,

PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND!!

I'm not sure what more can be done. Did you trying building on one of the lite roms available? I've all but given up on the i920, as Android is far superior to WinMo. Besides, does anyone actually read these forums anymore?

Posted

I'm not sure what more can be done. Did you trying building on one of the lite roms available? I've all but given up on the i920, as Android is far superior to WinMo. Besides, does anyone actually read these forums anymore?

I'm pretty sure you are the last regular visitor left, amdzero. :)

Posted

I'm pretty sure you are the last regular visitor left, amdzero. :)

Not quite the last, but AMDZero is certainly one of the most knowledgeable and helpful! I continue to visit this forum and would recommend AMDZero's Test4 Ultralite+Sense 6.5.5. It offers Sense functionality and is quite stable.

Posted

That's the issue AMDZERO I have no clue on how to build on top a lite rom... I have started the guide even downloaded the i920 kitchen 2.0 but am lost beyond all means, if you are still around and reading :) any help would be great!

Posted

That's the issue AMDZERO I have no clue on how to build on top a lite rom... I have started the guide even downloaded the i920 kitchen 2.0 but am lost beyond all means, if you are still around and reading :) any help would be great!

Posted

My suggestion was not to build a new rom, but to build on an existing lite rom. By that I mean find a good lite rom, install it, then install only the apps that you want. There is no need to cook a lite rom with the apps you want when its only going to be you using them. Besides you can't update or uninstall apps that are cooked in (for the most part).