Android Gaming News

Guest Reesters

Guest Reesters

Hello fellow gamers!

I'm Rachel, a gaming enthusiast / journalist and will use my special, maybe bionic powers to bring you all the latest Android gaming news as soon as I get it.

Any requests or enquiries just email...

and don't be shy; if you guys hear anything post it up on here!!!

Guest Simon O

It's a pain that there is still no release date on that either... Just 'later this summer'. I have no news of a delay of any kind either.

DJ Hero Mobile is annoying. I have read several threads on other forums where users are reporting it's not compatible with any of their devices. Glu must have the settings wrong on the market account so it's blocking all devices. I even thought it would be for the Xperia Play only but even those users are saying it's not compatible.

Might explain why a hot title only has 1-5 market downloads :(

Guest Reesters

DJ Hero Mobile is annoying. I have read several threads on other forums where users are reporting it's not compatible with any of their devices. Glu must have the settings wrong on the market account so it's blocking all devices. I even thought it would be for the Xperia Play only but even those users are saying it's not compatible.

Might explain why a hot title only has 1-5 market downloads :(

I'll try it on the Xperia Play today and get back to you...

Guest Reesters

Sony Ericsson has teamed up with EA once more to bring all us lucky gamers with Xperia Play.... Battlefield: Bad Company 2

14 single-player missions across 5 beautifully detailed battle zones!...

14 different weapons including rocket-propelled grenades and multiple vehicles including tanks and helicopters...

Updates to follow...

Guest Reesters

Nordisk Film Games Publishing has announced today that The Marbians, a retro marble-themed puzzle game for iOS and Android devices, will launch on the App Store and Android marketplace this Friday, July 29.

The Marbians is a physics-based puzzler where players must fling and flick Marbians across increasingly challenging courses to collect moon rocks and find a way back to their UFO.

Looks really kitsch and simply addictive.

To learn more about The Marbians and to view the official trailer please visit www.themarbians.com.

A free demo of The Marbians will be available on iOS and Android devices and will include the first eight levels of the game.

Guest Reesters

Colosseum by GameEvil is now available on Android Market...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.Cocosoft.Colosseum&feature=search_result

Players will enter the colosseum to face off against endless waves of monsters to defeat, equipped with a variety of melee and ranged weapons, inclusing swords, maces, throwing knives, bombs and more. After each round, victorious heroes will be rewarded with loot for upgrading their equipment and gaining new weapons. To fend off stronger enemies, players will have to master not only their weapons but also magic effects such as ice, lightning and fire. Colosseum boasts intuitive controls and smooth cartoon-like animation for a fun hack-and-slash sidescrolling experience.

Guest Reesters

Playbox Announces The Launch of 3 New Free Android Games !!!

Playbox announced today the release of 3 new titles for Android devices and tablets over the next few weeks with the first title 'Switch' being released today.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.playboxgames.pbswitch

Switch is an intensely addictive distance game (think 3D Wipeout) with high quality graphics and sound. The player must avoid the on-coming obstacles and collect special pick-ups to try and survive for as long as possible. Player scores are updated online through OpenFeint.

Switch is one of the fastest 3D games yet to appear on Android. With addictive gameplay it’s a pure adrenalin rush.

and right now it is free on Android Market via link above.

ANGRY WIFE is the second title announced for release and is a humorous take on classic old school gaming. The game sees the player having to save valuables being thrown out of their house by, yes you guessed it, the Angry Wife. The player has to collect these items whilst avoiding dangerous objects; the game features an addictively simple game mechanic with beautiful 2D graphics.

HOUSE OF GOLF is the final game announced for release, a 3D crazy golf game set within a house. The game features full 3D console quality graphics and has a total of 45 fun and sometimes devious holes to master. The courses are set over 5 environments including the Garage, Living Room, Kitchen, Bedroom and Attic.

All three games are being made available for free as developers have decided to use 'in-game' advertising.

You guys will know the release dates of games 2 and 3 as soon as I do.

http://www.playboxgames.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Reesters

Polarbit and Pixelbite have finally made Reckless Getaway available for us ever patient gamers on Android :-)

post-913934-0-75891800-1313764747_thumb. post-913934-0-27686600-1313764764_thumb.

Rather than a straight-up racing title, Reckless Getaway puts you in the role of a bank robber, fleeing after a successful heist with the police hot on your heels. To escape, you will need to weave in and out of oncoming traffic, dodge, outrun or ram pursuing police cars and just generally crash, smash and thrash your way through 16 varied levels. The more chaos and destruction you leave in your wake, the higher you will score.

Sweet follow up to Reckless Racing (if you haven't played that think 'Micro Machines' but bang up to date) Reckless Getaway puts you in the driving seat of a crazed, bank robbing lunatic! There a two modes; 'Getaway' or 'Wreckless'. 'Getaway' is story mode and you have to speed away from cops whilst avoiding wrecking your car... you collect coins to help pay for damages and there are power ups but 'Wreckless' is far more to my liking. You just get to smash into everything you see and the more damage you cause the higher you score! There is a little for everyone here.

Load times are relatively quick, graphics are clean and crisp and soundtrack is spot on... the police sirens are a little annoying but then they are meant to be I guess :-P

Available now on the Market for £1.81

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Reesters

Cows VS Aliens is available now on Android!!! and for a limited time XMG Studios have made it a free download to all on Android Market.

post-913934-0-27662800-1314699228_thumb.

With the simple yet ultra responsive touch screen interface the aim of the game is to herd all your cows into the barn for safety as an alien invasion is about to hit! All they want are the cows! Gameplay instantly becomes addictive and as it's free it's definitely worth the download and as we play on Android we get to compete against other players and unlock achievements with Open Feint... Get your wellies on and get herding!

Guest Reesters

Fluffycraft is the first game release from developers Gameccino.

post-913934-0-18487900-1315234676_thumb. post-913934-0-19694200-1315234733_thumb. post-913934-0-64727500-1315234748_thumb. post-913934-0-87159300-1315234765_thumb.

If you are into cute little fluffy animals and physics based games then I have a treat for you today. Game premise is pretty straight forward; save your little fluffy tribe with a series of strategic moves around the screen. The game will be free to play when it arrives to Android at somepoint this month. (I will update when I get a proper release date and also a review)

I have the first released footage of Fluffycraft below for you to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Reesters

Fluffycraft is the first game release from developers Gameccino.

post-913934-0-18487900-1315234676_thumb. post-913934-0-19694200-1315234733_thumb. post-913934-0-64727500-1315234748_thumb. post-913934-0-87159300-1315234765_thumb.

If you are into cute little fluffy animals and physics based games then I have a treat for you today. Game premise is pretty straight forward; save your little fluffy tribe with a series of strategic moves around the screen. The game will be free to play when it arrives to Android at somepoint this month. (I will update when I get a proper release date and also a review)

I have the first released footage of Fluffycraft below for you to watch.

post-913934-0-68287000-1316179007_thumb.

FluffyCraft has been released today on the Android Market and is, as promised available to download for free. Any ads that feature on the game window are very small and unintrusive.

Gameccino's Fluffycraft reminded me on start up of the Angry Birds' title screen but I soon forgot about the similarities once I started playing as they couldn't be more different. Yes you rely on physics to obtain your goal and in this case it is saving little stranded fluffies but in Fluffycraft you have to position springs to propell yourself towards them. It is not a case of 'pull back and hope for the best' there is an actual science to this game. A positive challenge indeed.

Levels certainly get harder as gameplay progresses as you have to use several items to bounce off of to reach your goal... it really does get tricky.

Graphics are bright, maybe somewhat loud but it only adds to the character of the game and the touchscreen controls are sensitive and very responsive.

Definitely a game for a certain type of gamer, the ones who enjoy a mental challenge.

Available from today on Android Market for FREE from HERE for those who run Android 2.1 +

In FluffyCraft you’ve got to place and move objects in order to bring the cute fluffy tribe together again.

FluffyCraft features challenging physics-based puzzles and hours of replay value.

Solve the puzzles and get the little fluffies home!

New levels each week for a never-ending fun!

The game is free to play.

Guest Reesters

Cool post. These games look good. Are they for multiple platforms?

Most games need os 2.1 + HD games need Desire HD etc. Best to check if compatible on the Android Market. If they are Xperia PLAY optimised then of course if you do not own that device you have to be patient and wait on a the title being released for all. (In most cases XPLAY exclusives will be available for everyone in near future).

• 3 months later...
Guest Hector03

There are tons on hidden object games on android. most ofthem u have to pay for though. If you look up G5 games, they have a lot, youdownload the demo for free, then pay 5 bucks to play after the first level.Mystery of the crystal portal, paranormal agency, these are both GREAT games!Alawar has a few also, alabama smith, Treasures of mystery Island, both greatgames, but u do have to pay, get to play one level then forced to pay if youwant more level, but the ones from alawar are much cheaper, 1 to 2 dollars pergame. There are free hidden object games but they are kind of boring and haveno story line to then, just find 8 balls in the picture, or something likethat. If you go to the market and search "hidden object games" thereshould be quite a few that come up. Hope this helps....

• 3 months later...