Vodafone 858/ Huawei U1860 SmartLucky Rom

Guest papay007

Hi. I installed SmartLucky 2.3 Color the other day and updated to the latest version.

Do I have to backup and wipe the data just to install SmartLucky 2.4 or how should I update SmartLucky? Thanks in advance!

Yes this version 2.4 is Full Rom and needed of WIPE.

Guest Vegettobg

I have a strange problem...

I rename the zip to update.zip and put it in the root folder of the SD card. I enter the Android system recovery menu and do the "Wipe data/factory reset". Everything ok till now, but next I choose "apply SDcard:update.zip" and I get an error:

Verifying update package

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Can you please tell me what can I do to go around this?

I have a strange problem...

I rename the zip to update.zip and put it in the root folder of the SD card. I enter the Android system recovery menu and do the "Wipe data/factory reset". Everything ok till now, but next I choose "apply SDcard:update.zip" and I get an error:

Verifying update package

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Can you please tell me what can I do to go around this?

It's easy,don't rename the file(which changes its MD5-signature),get a 'fresh copy' of the .zip,copy it to the microSD card and when you're in Recovery,just select Install .zip from SD card and navigate to the file on your phone.

Guest emyjojo

Hello!

I have the huawei u8180 phone and i've installed this ROM. Everything looks and works great,except for one thing: during a call the sound quality is low. can i fix that in any way?

Thanks in advance.

Guest pepafff

Hello, thanks for great work.

i bought this phone just few days ago and found how great improvement can be done by updating ROM.

Unfortunately I am facing problem with internet connection, but strange is it's just in some applications.

First I installed version 2.3. Google account sync works fine (autorisation, contact sync. etc), so mobile data are OK. When I tried to view some web pages by standard web browser after approx 1 minutes I got a message, that connection is failed (no internet connection). I tried to download Opera mini from android market. I could find opera in market, i pushed the button to download opera and I get the message 'download is strating'. But after approx 10 minutes there was still 0% downloaded and again message that due to wrong internet connection, download could not be completed. But connection was working, I could browse android market. Finaly I connected phone to my wi-fi network and downloaded opera mini. After disconnecting from wi-fi. I could browse internet through opera, but through standard browser again message 'no internet connection'. For browser it is no problem for me, I can use opera, but unfortunately downloading apps from market is not working.

After that I uploaded ROM 2.1 and suddenly everything works fine. So I thought just some problem during 2.3 version uploading.

I downloaded ver. 2.4 install it and ... again same troubles with internet.

Finaly I tried all versions again. Ver 2.1 is fine but 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 same troubles with internet.

Am I doing something wrong?

Off course, I always wiped phone before installation and I followed all the steps mentioned in instructions. Version 2.1 works well so I thing procedure is OK.

Could you please try to help me with some advice?

Thanks a lot

Guest VampiricPadraig

I don't know if anyone else has come across this problem, but Google+ does not seem work after the initial setup. I have tried un-installing it and re-installing it to no success. If anyone here has got the Google+ app to work on the device, please let me know. Thank you :)

I don't know if anyone else has come across this problem, but Google+ does not seem work after the initial setup. I have tried un-installing it and re-installing it to no success. If anyone here has got the Google+ app to work on the device, please let me know. Thank you :)

Perhaps it depends on the G+ version -on my U8160 (though I'm running Android 2.3.7) the 1.0.7 version of the Google+ app seems to work pretty well

Guest VampiricPadraig

It is version 1.0.8 that was updated on October 11th 2011.

Google+ seems to crash after you select your preference for Instant Upload. (I am using SmartLucky 2.4 and the problem has only arisen since this version of SL)

I am not sure if this IS Google+ having a problem or whether it's some weird bug with SL.

EDIT: Got the 1.0.7 apk and that seemed to work!

Edited by VampiricPadraig

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ice Ryda

Hi, I'm new here and I'm about to get the phone, Vodafone 858 for christmas, or before christmas. And I saw this topic and and I was kinda wondering that, if I didnt like the SmartLucky Rom or didnt suit my liking (which I doubt it), will I be able to go back to the Original Rom of the phone?

Also, which is better, this or CyanogenMod? Sorry for this question I really want to know all this stuff on when it comes to phones etc, since people say Vodafone Smart is kinda slow from its Original Rom.

Thanks in advance,

Kunal

Edited by Ice Ryda

Guest george1976

Hi, I'm new here and I'm about to get the phone, Vodafone 858 for christmas, or before christmas. And I saw this topic and and I was kinda wondering that, if I didnt like the SmartLucky Rom or didnt suit my liking (which I doubt it), will I be able to go back to the Original Rom of the phone?

Also, which is better, this or CyanogenMod? Sorry for this question I really want to know all this stuff on when it comes to phones etc, since people say Vodafone Smart is kinda slow from its Original Rom.

Thanks in advance,

Kunal

You can flash the original rom anytime.

Hey I have a vodafone smart and I also have the smart lucky ROM (not yet installed).

I'm not really sure how to do this but when I boot into the recovery menu, I have

- reboot now

- install from sd:update.zip

- wipe Data (don't remember full name)

- wipe cache

I don't have the option to install zip from sd card or am I doing something wrong.

EDIT:

It's cool with some fiddling I got it right :) SmartLucky is amazing!

Edited by kyluke

Guest TyMaNaS

Hi all,

I am new to all this rom changing.

Can you tell me steps how to install this smart lucky on my phone Vodafone 858 ? My android version is 2.2.1

I rooted my phone. And now I have to download Smart lucky ? Which version ? Do I have to install any recovery program ? How to backup to original android ? Sorry for those questions. But if you tell me step by step instructions, you will help me and others who seach over google as I did and found this forum. Help me please.

Edit: Everything works just fine :) Thank's Lucky :)

Edited by TyMaNaS

SmartLucky project continues?

I like your icons, and, the phone can use the SIM card only

(of course some CM7 setting is missing)

... and maybe it use less battery

Guest BoboRobo

Hi guys,

Just got a Vodafone 858 for my gf, and i want to change the actual rom. I would like to install the smartlucky 2.4 version.

Could you please guide me step by step with the installation ?

What i've done so far was to copy the zip file to the memory card (the 2 gb card the phone came with), after that o entered in recovery mode where I have the following options:

Reboot system now

apply sdcard: update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

wipe misc partition

touchscreen firmware up

I tried the "apply sdcard:update.zip" option, but i get some errors that the file cannot be found.

Thanks in advance for your help.

LE: I've succeded in installing 2.4 ROM version.

First of all make sure you install the clockworkmod >> www.tuttoandroid.net/forum/vodafone-858-smart-u8160-recovery-clockwork-root-t10579.html

Copy the zip to the memory card > install clockworkmod > install zip from sd-card ...done. :)

Edited by BoboRobo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eldorado2011

Hello,

Thank you very much for developing this rom... :)

I would like to have an answer to my question. Is it needed to take any action before following the steps in the italian forum?

And if anyone could make a screenshot of the actual version would be great,

Thanks

Hi All,

Happy New Year 2012......

These days I made ​​another update for SmartLucky not much. Version 2.5 with this changelog:

1. New Kernel + Fix

2. Updated Superuser 3.0.7 + su

3. Updated Market 3.4.4 ---> fast enough

4. Removed MIUI Music

5. Widgets Saving Control with new graphics

6. Removed Google Maps

7. Increased Speed ​​General

8. Removed other Apps

9. Updated QuickPic

10. Updated CPU noFrills

11. InteractiveX Governor added.

12. Added I / O scheduler BFQ

13. Quite stable at 710 Mhz ?!?!?! ---> Crash to 729 MHz

14. Added Flash Player armv6 x ---> to be tested.

15. 123 MB free memory

16. Other.

This is the link for Download ----> Here

Thi is MD5sum ---> e54597e456b4c811479b05767ed02119

ATTENTION ---> Before install Need Full Wipe

Bye.

Guest netzro

@lucky76. thanks for you rom, I installed it works perfect, except the flashing changed my splash screen how do I revert it, to the original. thanks in advance

Guest Powerofdreams

Hi All,

Happy New Year 2012......

These days I made ​​another update for SmartLucky not much. Version 2.5 with this changelog:

1. New Kernel + Fix

2. Updated Superuser 3.0.7 + su

3. Updated Market 3.4.4 ---> fast enough

4. Removed MIUI Music

5. Widgets Saving Control with new graphics

6. Removed Google Maps

7. Increased Speed ​​General

8. Removed other Apps

9. Updated QuickPic

10. Updated CPU noFrills

11. InteractiveX Governor added.

12. Added I / O scheduler BFQ

13. Quite stable at 710 Mhz ?!?!?! ---> Crash to 729 MHz

14. Added Flash Player armv6 x ---> to be tested.

15. 123 MB free memory

16. Other.

This is the link for Download ----> Here

Thi is MD5sum ---> e54597e456b4c811479b05767ed02119

ATTENTION ---> Before install Need Full Wipe

Bye.

Hello How can I restore original splash screen after installation?

Guest Powerofdreams

@lucky76. thanks for you rom, I installed it works perfect, except the flashing changed my splash screen how do I revert it, to the original. thanks in advance

You must install original vodafone UK stock rom.

lucky76, if not difficult, could you do in the next firmware transparent status bar

Or you can just use this- uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ ,follow the prompts and make any and all visual modifications you want right now ;)

Edited by wolf89