Vodafone 858/ Huawei U1860 SmartLucky Rom

Guest papay007

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your work on this Lucky76 !!

Installed 2.4 Color fine and running great :-) I am a noob at this and have one question for you which is probably a lame one .... can I install the smartlucky roms that are based on newer versions of andriod ie. Smartlucky 2.5 ?? as you say in this post that , 2.4 is based on Froyo 2.2.2 which is what version came with my phone first day.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Hi All,

The news SmartLucky is ready for download with version 2.4 Color. This should be the last rom based on Froyo 2.2.2.

When they came back online google servers to download the source from scratch gingerbread begin the compilation of the rom based on the Android version 2.3.7.

SmartLucky 2.4 Color -----> FULL ROM ----> Needed WIPE

---Download---

SmartLucky2.4_Color ----> Here

MD5 ---> c086a0180d6c3c2755baae623a25bf97

Changelog Ver. 2.4 Color:

1. New Kernel with Fix

2. New Superuser + bin

3. New Bootanimation from Nexus Prime

4. The last Quick Pic

5. RmIcAddFb ---> App for enable Data from Top Bar --> Thank you Dev. Harlem88

6. Other.

Bye for the next Generation of SmartLucky 3.0 with Gingerbread or ICS :P ;)

Guest VFnewbie

I have a major problem in using the Smartlucky process. I am very new to this forum and i have read multiple time how to root my phone and install smart lucky through ROM Manager. But still i am failing. I am giving here the steps what i did so experts please correct me where i am doing wrong.

1. I have brought Vodafone Smart Phone in India and it has the IN version of stock ROM.

2. I have rooted my phone using SuperOneClick. My phone is successfully rooted and ROM manager has been granted permission.

3. I went to the ROM Manager and Selected "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". This was giving me an option to choose my phone model, but i could not find my Phone Model Why?

4. My Phone got rebooted, but nothing i could see after that. It stays on the Busy icon and would not go further.

5. When i remove my battery and do the Step 3 again, the Phone reboots but i could not see any recovery menu.

6. within a second, the phone again reboots and it takes me to Vodafone Logo which is a home screen start up.

7.I re installed the Stock ROM (UK version) to see if this is a boot loader corrupt problem. But even after reinstalling, i am facing the same error.

Please advise why i am unable to get the Recovery menu.

Guest VampiricPadraig

Is there a way that I could get the ROM but without any apps (eg. QuickPic, No-frills CPU, etc), because tbh, that to me is bloatware! Thanks!

Is there a way that I could get the ROM but without any apps (eg. QuickPic, No-frills CPU, etc), because tbh, that to me is bloatware! Thanks!

I used to freeze or remove pretty much every app Lucky 'bundled' with his ROMs with Link2SD and while it took some time after each revision,it certainly did the trick.. Nowadays I just jumped ship to subpsyke's CM7.2 ROM which is about as stripped out as they come ;)

Guest VFnewbie

Could anyone post the Screenshot of the Menu/Control Panel i mean the ICONIC screen. After a long struggle, i installed Smart Lucky 2.2 but i really did not like the controller Panel and it was showing a kind 3D cube on which i can tap up and bottom to see the other screen. Mod developers hope they can understand what i mean. I did not like this interface, so i moved to Stock ROM immediately.

I need a clean interface of icons like a Stock ROM. Is the latest version have that? More over after i installed this MOD, when i reboot my phone the boot image first appears as there is Android Logo in the broken glass. This will clearly say my phone is cracked. Is there a way to change this?

Please post the screenshot so i could see how it feels before i update the 2.5 ROM.

Could anyone post the Screenshot of the Menu/Control Panel i mean the ICONIC screen. After a long struggle, i installed Smart Lucky 2.2 but i really did not like the controller Panel and it was showing a kind 3D cube on which i can tap up and bottom to see the other screen. Mod developers hope they can understand what i mean. I did not like this interface, so i moved to Stock ROM immediately.

I need a clean interface of icons like a Stock ROM. Is the latest version have that? More over after i installed this MOD, when i reboot my phone the boot image first appears as there is Android Logo in the broken glass. This will clearly say my phone is cracked. Is there a way to change this?

Please post the screenshot so i could see how it feels before i update the 2.5 ROM.

Or you can just use another launcher than the ones Lucky picks (in my case launcherpro) and use it today. For what it's worth,here's how my CM7.2 (not the CyanoLucky one,but the original) looks on my phone with it + LauncherPro (though ADW should look mostly the same)

screenshot1327967414510.pngscreenshot1327967452622.pngscreenshot1327967507053.png

Guest VFnewbie

The Cyanogen matches to my expectation in terms of ICONS. But i also looking that the task bar on the top should show the color icons instead of the monochrome icons.

I mean just like Samsung Phone, where you can see the Network Signal indicator would be in the Blue color and Wifi in Green etc. Also if you get any emails, the real color of yellow is appreciated. Even in the Smart Lucky ROM or Cyanogen i am seeing these icons are in gray-scale. Is there any reason this can not be changed?

If you say 256K color limitation is the problem here so the task bar icons can not be in color, i understand Samsung Galaxy Y phone which has the same configuration of Vodafone Smart with 256K colors supported where i could see the task bar icons are in color.

Could the Mode developers or the users answer this pls?

The Cyanogen matches to my expectation in terms of ICONS. But i also looking that the task bar on the top should show the color icons instead of the monochrome icons.

I mean just like Samsung Phone, where you can see the Network Signal indicator would be in the Blue color and Wifi in Green etc. Also if you get any emails, the real color of yellow is appreciated. Even in the Smart Lucky ROM or Cyanogen i am seeing these icons are in gray-scale. Is there any reason this can not be changed?

If you say 256K color limitation is the problem here so the task bar icons can not be in color, i understand Samsung Galaxy Y phone which has the same configuration of Vodafone Smart with 256K colors supported where i could see the task bar icons are in color.

Could the Mode developers or the users answer this pls?

For the love of Beer... That's your gripe - you want colour icons on the taskbar? Dude,just get a ROM you're mostly OK with (doesn't matter if it's Lucky,CyanogenMod or whatever) and mix and match a launcher and after you've done the major components just get to uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ and choose your own icon pack,taskbar tweaks and myriad other vismod stuff (and follow the on-screen prompts)... Sorry,but reverting to the Stock ROM because you want a bit more bling is to put it mildly - silly... Ah,and just for the record - the top bar is called a "Status bar" not a "task bar" :)

Guest VFnewbie

Thanks Wolf. I updated my phone with SmartLucky 2.4 yesterday and yes, it has the color icons i expected and speed is good compare to the stock ROM. But the drawback i see is still the Message Indicator Icons comes in monochrome. I would try to do the steps you posted above to tweak the task bar.. oh sorry Status bar.

But may in this forum says, Smart Lucky gives the better battery backup compared to Stock ROM. But in my case i do not find this to be true.

Though my phone came with INDIA Stock ROM, while i was trying to update my ROM with Smart Lucky, i bricked my phone.. it did not come up and it was dead. I did not have a backup as well. So i searched all over the net to see if i get a INDIA Stock ROM, but did not get any. So i updated my phone with UK Stock ROM. To the wonder, in UK stock ROM the battery life is excellent. My Battery was last after many hours that too if i switch off GPS and Wifi Stuffs when not in use i almost had my battery for a whole day without charging it often.

But after my update to Smart Lucky 2.4 since yesterday, the battery drains fast. I am not sure this issue is addressed in Version 2.5. Can the Smart Lucky 2.5 users could confirm this please?

Another point to mention, i am not seeing Google Latitude Application in this ROM. When i searched this application in Market seems i have to pay for it. Could anybody provide the apk for Google Latitude Please.

Edited by VFnewbie

Thanks Wolf. I updated my phone with SmartLucky 2.4 yesterday and yes, it has the color icons i expected and speed is good compare to the stock ROM. But the drawback i see is still the Message Indicator Icons comes in monochrome. I would try to do the steps you posted above to tweak the task bar.. oh sorry Status bar.

But may in this forum says, Smart Lucky gives the better battery backup compared to Stock ROM. But in my case i do not find this to be true.

Though my phone came with INDIA Stock ROM, while i was trying to update my ROM with Smart Lucky, i bricked my phone.. it did not come up and it was dead. I did not have a backup as well. So i searched all over the net to see if i get a INDIA Stock ROM, but did not get any. So i updated my phone with UK Stock ROM. To the wonder, in UK stock ROM the battery life is excellent. My Battery was last after many hours that too if i switch off GPS and Wifi Stuffs when not in use i almost had my battery for a whole day without charging it often.

But after my update to Smart Lucky 2.4 since yesterday, the battery drains fast. I am not sure this issue is addressed in Version 2.5. Can the Smart Lucky 2.5 users could confirm this please?

Another point to mention, i am not seeing Google Latitude Application in this ROM. When i searched this application in Market seems i have to pay for it. Could anybody provide the apk for Google Latitude Please.

And I told you,you can pick the various visual modifications you want to implement by going to here uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ and following the instructions ;) . As for the latitude app,it's actually part of the standard google maps app,so if you have that installed(and if I remember correctly,lucky dropped that with SmartLucky 2.4 or 2.5) - you should have latitude on as well. Btw,as you mentioned battery life - I'm pretty sure both the Lucky-"enhanced" Cyanogenmod port and especially the pure Cyanogenmod port are a tad more efficient - I'm getting 2 days of normal usage with WiFi constantly on the Smart with the 7.2 v.6.2 made by subpsyke.

PS. Yeah,I know it's obvious by now - but always keep a backup of your phone.. It makes life quite a bit easier that way :)

Edited by wolf89

Guest VFnewbie

Wolf... Good to know you are getting a better battery life. Yes, yesterday i moved to Cynaogen Mod 7.0., the battery life is amazing. I did find a better experience than using Smart Lucky.

as the latest version is a release candidate i thought of going for a stable version. So i downloaded 7.0. All went well and now i am with the Cyanogen Mod 7.0 - MAD Team ROM.

But the Android market is not installed. Moreover the Sound Quality.. excess boss and it does not sound nice. Again google apps are not there.

Another Point to Mention...

As my phone came with INDIA stock ROM.. whatever the ROM i install, i do not see the Network Provider name and i am getting Network Psuedo Code like 40484, 40484 3G etc in the list of available network operator options.

When i Insert my Vodafone SIM i am getting operator name as Vodafone IN in the home Screen.

But i use different SIM's i am only getting the Network operator ID like 40484, instead of the name.

How to correct this? Because it is difficult to choose the other operators manually when i roam with phone to outside my home network?

Also please note when i Switch ON my phone before i get Cyanogen boot Logo i am seeing a Android logo screen which is caught between a cracked glasses. This is clearly indicating my phone is cracked. I want to get rid of this screen.

Before Modding the phone it was just use to show the Hourglass Symbol {BUSY} logo. can this screen be reverted back to hourglass logo.

Edited by VFnewbie

Wolf... Good to know you are getting a better battery life. Yes, yesterday i moved to Cynaogen Mod 7.0., the battery life is amazing. I did find a better experience than using Smart Lucky.

as the latest version is a release candidate i thought of going for a stable version. So i downloaded 7.0. All went well and now i am with the Cyanogen Mod 7.0 - MAD Team ROM.

But the Android market is not installed. Moreover the Sound Quality.. excess boss and it does not sound nice. Again google apps are not there.

Another Point to Mention...

As my phone came with INDIA stock ROM.. whatever the ROM i install, i do not see the Network Provider name and i am getting Network Psuedo Code like 40484, 40484 3G etc in the list of available network operator options.

When i Insert my Vodafone SIM i am getting operator name as Vodafone IN in the home Screen.

But i use different SIM's i am only getting the Network operator ID like 40484, instead of the name.

How to correct this? Because it is difficult to choose the other operators manually when i roam with phone to outside my home network?

Also please note when i Switch ON my phone before i get Cyanogen boot Logo i am seeing a Android logo screen which is caught between a cracked glasses. This is clearly indicating my phone is cracked. I want to get rid of this screen.

Before Modding the phone it was just use to show the Hourglass Symbol {BUSY} logo. can this screen be reverted back to hourglass logo.

You might want to talk with 'psyke himself on the ROM thread over at xda-devs about the 'Cracked glass' thing AND the Network Operator ID coming all wrong,because I haven't experienced the latter and the former isn't really a problem for me so I never bothered to check if it's possible to replace it with something else.

As for the Market and GoogleApps not being installed... if you did read the instructions,you would've known that you have to install the latest gapps package yourself (some sort of liability thing with all CMs caused that afair). The good news is that as of version .9 the device is supported by ROM manager so you can grab the latest version of this package AND the latest ROM from it at the touch of a finger. The bass issue however's been in this ROM (and plenty of other CM-based ROMs for other devices) for quite awhile and there are some ways to counter it,but it's still going to be there for the time being.

Edited by wolf89

Guest VFnewbie

Hello Wolf,

I am now with Cyanogen Modem 7.1 with the Hot fixes. The previous flash did not work because i did not wipe the data. So looks it was conflicting.

This clean install give a better picture of this new ROM . Yes, as you said, there is a great improvement in battery Life. I am charging it only after one and half days. The battery is very much stable.

Over/Under clocking the CPU gave me a very good result. I am now totally satisfied with Android 2.3 with this MOD.

But you did understand one thing wrong. The Network Carrier name is displayed if i insert the Vodafone SIM. If i Insert different Operator SIM, it is showing their Network Code instead of the Name. In INDIA, i have the Operators like Airtel, DOCOMO etc. When i insert the Airtel//DOCOMO SIMS, it is not displaying the carrier name, instead it is showing the Network Codes.

What i mean, if i am roaming outside my Home Network/country, I am not getting the carrier name. It is Just showing the Network Code instead. So i would not be knowing which network i am currently connected. Because if i am connecting to the network which are not a roaming partner to my network, then i would be charged double. This is one the concern i am seeing with this Mod.

Could the Mod Developers, please advise on this.

Hello Wolf,

I am now with Cyanogen Modem 7.1 with the Hot fixes. The previous flash did not work because i did not wipe the data. So looks it was conflicting.

This clean install give a better picture of this new ROM . Yes, as you said, there is a great improvement in battery Life. I am charging it only after one and half days. The battery is very much stable.

Over/Under clocking the CPU gave me a very good result. I am now totally satisfied with Android 2.3 with this MOD.

But you did understand one thing wrong. The Network Carrier name is displayed if i insert the Vodafone SIM. If i Insert different Operator SIM, it is showing their Network Code instead of the Name. In INDIA, i have the Operators like Airtel, DOCOMO etc. When i insert the Airtel//DOCOMO SIMS, it is not displaying the carrier name, instead it is showing the Network Codes.

What i mean, if i am roaming outside my Home Network/country, I am not getting the carrier name. It is Just showing the Network Code instead. So i would not be knowing which network i am currently connected. Because if i am connecting to the network which are not a roaming partner to my network, then i would be charged double. This is one the concern i am seeing with this Mod.

Could the Mod Developers, please advise on this.

Actually,I guess you didn't understand what I said ;) Let me bold the relevant section.

You might want to talk with 'psyke himself on the ROM thread over at xda-devs about the 'Cracked glass' thing AND the Network Operator ID coming all wrong,because I haven't experienced the latter and the former isn't really a problem for me so I never bothered to check if it's possible to replace it with something else.

So,err,again,just ask the developer about the Carrier name showing up wrong at xda-devs and any and all other problems you've got with the operation of the ROM. If you have a problem with the styling though (for example the choice of launcher or icons or all the other vismods an user can easily do by himself... those you'll have to keep to yourself as he won't change from the CM7 baseline.

Guest VFnewbie

Wolf, Thanks for the Post. I am not expecting only you to reply and your answers seems like you only know the things. I have just asked the Developers here if any, not YOU!!..

And again even you did not read the post properly so your answers are coming like this. I do not need an explanation why this is happening on the ROM and all i am expecting how can this be corrected or is there anyway or the issue is experienced by all.. if you are not a developer, please do not pass any more comment on this. You do not have rights to say who knows what.

{your attitude about new people are clear by stating: for example the choice of launcher or icons or all the other vismods an user can easily do by himself... those you'll have to keep to yourself}

Wolf, Thanks for the Post. I am not expecting only you to reply and your answers seems like you only know the things. I have just asked the Developers here if any, not YOU!!..

And again even you did not read the post properly so your answers are coming like this. I do not need an explanation why this is happening on the ROM and all i am expecting how can this be corrected or is there anyway or the issue is experienced by all.. if you are not a developer, please do not pass any more comment on this. You do not have rights to say who knows what.

{your attitude about new people are clear by stating: for example the choice of launcher or icons or all the other vismods an user can easily do by himself... those you'll have to keep to yourself}

As apparently you still can't grasp what I told you a couple of times already - If you have any problems or issues --- contact the developer at xda-devs as he is not posting at this (MODACO) website. The helpful hint about you refraining from suggesting to the developer that he should use launcher B instead of launcher A or whatnot is so you don't get the same treatment newbies_with_ideas â„¢ get every 20 pages or so. Ah,and just for the record - I don't mind newbies .. hell I love to help out where I can,what I do mind is laziness - the launcher thing takes literally a couple of clicks (or taps) and it's installed,same goes for most vismods.. The slightly more complex stuff has plenty of materials newbies can peruse in every imaginable language,but most of them can't be bothered to use either a search button or Google.

Btw,here's a fun idea - next time when someone responds to what you've asked - do try and actually read the answers you're given before cranking the indignancy to 11. Anyways,I do want to wish you luck with your device and if you have any questions about it - don't be afraid to ask and you can be safe in the knowledge that someone else might actually decide to help you (I sure as hell won't waste any more effort on that)

Edited by wolf89

Guest icantuninstallsmartluckyo

Please please tell me how install the stock rom back. I have downloaded smartlucky 2.5 and I can't uninstall. Please help me.

Guest VFnewbie

Hi there, there are number of ways. If you have taken a backup through ROM Manager, then you can boot the Phone into recovery Mode and you cay say "Restore Backup". This will bring your Phone to the old state as it was.

If you have not taken the backup, still not worries. You can download the Stock ROM {Just google it, you will the link, the phone would be listed as Huewai U8160}. Download your country specific ROM and then Install it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AngusMunro

Ok i have an issue. I downloaded the ROM but without realising I've renamed it to update.zip.

Obviously this breaks the signature thingy...so i formatted the SD card and pasted the original file back onto the SD. For some reason the phone still see's it as update.zip and will not install the rom.

Any suggestions?

post-967450-0-40087100-1330432417_thumb.

Guest t2can

Nice job on the smartlucky 2.5 color rom!

I noticed when you are emailing with the gmail app or the other email app, it can only attach picture files & not any other type of file, is there anything that can be done about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job on the smartlucky 2.5 color rom!

I noticed when you are emailing with the gmail app or the other email app, it can only attach picture files & not any other type of file, is there anything that can be done about this?

Thank you...

Ready for Download the New and maybe my last Custom rom 2.2.2 for Smart u8160.

Changelog:

Ver 3.0 AI

1. Adding Aroma installer ---> Ability to customize your installation

2. updated Apps

3. New App Added Huawei AllBackup

4. Added new driver Adreno200 --->Test

5. Added driver Bravie Engine ---> Test

6. Added driver xLoud ---> Test

7. Added various optimization scripts / init

8. Ability to choose Color Graphics or Simply

9. Google last Market Play

10. Other.

DOWNLOAD:

SmartLucky_3.0_AI ----> Here

MD5 ---> d53f9fac669760d7314d89b49703e980

AI ----> Aroma Installer of Dev Amarullz ---> Big Thanks

Bye.

Edited by Guest

Guest gnuise

Dear brothers,

I am a newbie to android. I bought vodafone 858 smart from Qatar. It was working fine till last day. Suddenly its display faded out. Now when I switch on it, the watchclock is staying there a lot of time and finally it becomes a blank screen.

I tried to enter to Android system recovery by pressing & holding volume up and power key. It shows the following menus.

• reboot system now
  • apply sdcard:update.zip
  • wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • wipe misc partition
  • touchscreen firmware up

I tried the third option "wipe data/factory reset", but still the phone is not working.

I then tried to update it via renaming the smartlucky*.zip to update.zip and tried. It shows "signature verification failed" and "installation aborted."

I downloaded update.zip file from the link legweb.it/android/update.zip.

Still the phone shows the signature verification failure.

When I pressed & hold both volume buttons and the power button, it is showing:

Firmware update

Step 1/2

Unpacking

update failed

Kindly please help me in this situation.

Guest wmiki

use recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-u8160.img !!!

read #1! at [PORTING] Cyanogenmod 7.1 (RC1) + CyanoLucky V4 x Smart & Ideos Android 2.3.7 topic

and install ROM AFTER wipe-s, and use select zip from SD card menu

Edited by wmiki