Power button jammed

Guest paddymcn

Guest paddymcn

Hey guys, dropped my phone and it landed on the power button spot on! It is now jammed and won't turn screen on or off, I tried un-jamming it with a pin but have caused more damage the drop. O2 want £102 to repair.

I'm working around the problem using the proximity sensor to power screen on and off meantime.

Is there an easy fix out there?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest panosck

i use a program call Fix Power Button, from Android market. It allows you to unlock phone using volume keys as well as power button. Has been very helpful!

Hey guys, dropped my phone and it landed on the power button spot on! It is now jammed and won't turn screen on or off, I tried un-jamming it with a pin but have caused more damage the drop. O2 want £102 to repair.

I'm working around the problem using the proximity sensor to power screen on and off meantime.

Is there an easy fix out there?

Thanks

Guest paddymcn

i use a program call Fix Power Button, from Android market. It allows you to unlock phone using volume keys as well as power button. Has been very helpful!

Thanks for the reply but the proximity sensor fix has worked very well, so much so that I seldom notice or even remember that I was stupid enough to drop the phone.