[2/Nov/11] Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread (Swiftdroid) CM 7.1 For LG GT540 [New Method]

Guest TechnoHolico

Guest chunkylover2321

Hi, my update is succeded...I have a little ploblem: I activated the LG keybord but it doesn't recognizes the user dictionary and so I can't add any new word for typing with the T9 system. Someone can help me? Or it's just a bug to fix?

I rooted the phone yesterday and dictionary was fine. Try a reinstall.

Guest kfcisntchicken

Try reinstalling the drivers for your lg device. Plus when you boot up into fastboot you should here the pc make a notification sound indicating its installing on your computer. if you haven't heard anything let me know. I'll get you a link to the drivers. are you running windows vista 32bit or 64bit?

i have reinstalled all drivers and yes it makes notification noise its the newest version of vista...................................

Guest chunkylover2321

i have reinstalled all drivers and yes it makes notification noise its the newest version of vista...................................

ok try this, reboot the computer, whilst the computer is booting up press F* or F12 to enter the boot menu, select " then select "Disable Driver Signing Enforcement" option. when the computer boots up, plug your phone back in and right click on the android setup and select "run as administrator" then see how that goes.

Good Luck

Guest kfcisntchicken

ok try this, reboot the computer, whilst the computer is booting up press F* or F12 to enter the boot menu, select " then select "Disable Driver Signing Enforcement" option. when the computer boots up, plug your phone back in and right click on the android setup and select "run as administrator" then see how that goes.

Good Luck

f12 does zilch but cud u sent me links to the drivers plz. i am determined.

Guest hugocarmo

Hy everybody.

I have an issue. I installed the RC3 rom, I have data2system and the V6 supercharged script runing. My problem is that since RC2 ndrive stopped working, I tryed with both versions of ndrive (10 and 11), it tries to load (black screen) but no loading image and then after a few seconds it goes out to my home screen. I tryed with the apk installed on sd card, internal memory, with overclocking settings and without them, and it keeps doing the same, just for the record, everytime I installed ndrive I made sure that no orphan files or folder were kept behind.

Can anybody help me please?

Thanks,

Hugo.

Guest chunkylover2321

So how to connect Internet from LG GT540 to computer if we can't use LG PC Suit ?

What do you mean? With the tethering? You should only need the drivers.

Guest custardcream

f12 does zilch but cud u sent me links to the drivers plz. i am determined.

I am am having this problem with vista 32bit...have you had an luck?..i rooted previously with xp with no problems... :rolleyes:

Guest MultiMojo

Hello.

Can anybody help me?

I tried to upgrade my droid but when it reach step 7 (while in download mode) I accidentally unplugged the usb cable device. Now I can only see the LG logo on my phone. When I tried to plug it in the cable, the device been recognized on my windows 7 (64 bit), but when I tried to use LG Mobile Update software, everytime it reach detecting-phone-phase somehow the phone got disconnected (all the driver gone). When I tried the emergency mode (while in download mode) the phone got detected fine. It become disconnected everytime I choose to click the launch software update button. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT TO ADD:

Finally, I made it work. First I tried to disable LG Modem from Device Manager, and continue using KDZ updater. Follow every steps and voila. Working 2.3.5.

Edited by MultiMojo

Guest TimDroid

Hey.

I just installed this update and it seems to work alright. (Haven't had time for any major testing yet..)

One question though.

Is there any quick way of changing the program titles to English?

since half the preinstalled apps keep their russian names, even after changing the system language like explained in the install guide.

(edit) nevermind.. stupid me.. reboot fixed it.

(Edit again. .)

Removed 2.3.5 again and is back to 2.2. Like other versions of 2.3 I have tried, the battery indicator is boinked, and cant give a half decent indication of how much power is actually left. One minute it will say 30%, the next 80% and then shut down.

It is a shame since 2.3 has a lot of nice little features. But as long as the battery indicator doesn't work, it's just not worth it.

Also it seems to run out of power a lot faster on 2.3.5 than 2.2.

Edited by TimDroid

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jdimitar

Hi I want to flash my LG with android 2.3.5, I have official Android 2.1 update 1 on it. So I need to flash to 2.2 first (and after that with 2.3) and finally with 2.3.5 or directly with 2.3.5 ?

Guest Stephen J. Knill

Hi I want to flash my LG with android 2.3.5, I have official Android 2.1 update 1 on it. So I need to flash to 2.2 first (and after that with 2.3) and finally with 2.3.5 or directly with 2.3.5 ?

Just follow the instructions in the first post, making sure you follow all the steps carefully. (As you state it's the official update I presume that it is also unmodified, meaning you will have to follow all the steps anyways)

Guest ThornInMySide

Found an alternate KDZ Updater download link.

Successfully updated as per instructions B)

Thanks awesome dudes!

Edited by ThornInMySide

Guest biglaci

hello, thank you for this release, working great. /for example superb performance in angry birds, but in all!/

thank you once again

Edited by biglaci

Guest Red_Machine

Hey guys, having a bit of a problem with this! I followed the instructions up to the "boot into quickboot" part. No matter what I do, I can't get it to do it.

The first time I tried to flash the quickboot rom, it seemed to get stuck at the android logo and KDZ reported that the upgrade was complete; so I unplugged it but it didn't finish the boot. I pulled the battery and it booted up fine. I tried to boot it into quickboot, but had no success.

The second and third times completed the reboot and KDZ reported upgrade complete with the phone sitting on the homescreen. I tried to boot into quickboot again, but still no luck.

I performed a factory reset, as per someone's recommendation and flashed again. Same thing as before.

Can someone help me out with this? I initially tried just to root and install app2sd so I could install more apps, but the app2sd packaged provided didn't work and the third party tools I downloaded just ended up making the phone almost unusable.

My KDZ logs are attached in case you need them.

KDZ_logs.zip

Edited by Red_Machine

Guest raistland

thank you for all.

I did all of them yesterday. And I use my gt 540. But in the morning my battery was down. After that i couldn't open my phone. I see only LG logo. I tried to charge. But also i see Lg logo again. I tried to make hard reset but it didnt work.

How can i do ? Can anyone help me ?

Guest Simonsimon1234

I'm going to start updating in an hour or so. Will be updating from (unofficial) 2.1. Wish me luck! I'll be posting rants about things that don't go smoothly :D

Could you upload the files to somewhere where they don't nag as much about downloading multiple files, having to input captcha's and stuff? Rapidshare is probably better than this crappy site?

Guest Simonsimon1234

Well, I'll be damned. Everything went smoothly and I now have gingerbread on my gt540. Seems to be working perfectly, although I haven't done anything except reboot it yet :P

Guest Stephen J. Knill

Hey guys, having a bit of a problem with this! I followed the instructions up to the "boot into quickboot" part. No matter what I do, I can't get it to do it.

The first time I tried to flash the quickboot rom, it seemed to get stuck at the android logo and KDZ reported that the upgrade was complete; so I unplugged it but it didn't finish the boot. I pulled the battery and it booted up fine. I tried to boot it into quickboot, but had no success.

The second and third times completed the reboot and KDZ reported upgrade complete with the phone sitting on the homescreen. I tried to boot into quickboot again, but still no luck.

I performed a factory reset, as per someone's recommendation and flashed again. Same thing as before.

Can someone help me out with this? I initially tried just to root and install app2sd so I could install more apps, but the app2sd packaged provided didn't work and the third party tools I downloaded just ended up making the phone almost unusable.

My KDZ logs are attached in case you need them.

You mean Fastboot (Black screen after LG Logo) - Power up the phone holding the camera button in (Fully pressed in till you feel it click the second time, first is just focus); from your log files it seems that you may have left the LG Modem installed. (You should remove this before updating)

Guest Red_Machine

I disabled and uninstalled the modem (it's still detected as an unknown device, however). I even tried plugging it into one of my rear USB ports, but it STILL refuses to boot into fastboot mode after three more KDZ flashing attempts. (yes, I did make sure the camera button clicked twice)

WHy is it that this stuff never works when I try it? :(

Guest Stephen J. Knill

I disabled and uninstalled the modem (it's still detected as an unknown device, however). I even tried plugging it into one of my rear USB ports, but it STILL refuses to boot into fastboot mode after three more KDZ flashing attempts. (yes, I did make sure the camera button clicked twice)

WHy is it that this stuff never works when I try it? :(

Just checking....

Type: 3GQCT

Mode: DIAG

KDZ: *pathtofile*\romfastboot.kdz <--- this rom MUST be the last one flashed, or it won't have fastboot. -- Flashing another ROM will remove it. (You may also use the partition re-size kdz, which will shrink the system down to 150mb and expand the userdata up to 230mb and add a visual fastboot -- Blue screen with status text)

Personaly I suggest using the partition re-size ROM, as this not only adds fastboot but also optimizes the partition sizes. (An extra 100mb to use never goes astray)

------------------------

These files are hosted on my personal server, and are a one-click download. (Supplied as alternative download links for all GT540 users)

KDZ Updater

Fastboot - ROM

Partition Resize - ROM (150mb system, 233mb userdata, 64mb cache) -- This re-size can be undone by using any other ROM listed.

V20A_00 - ROM (LG Stock ROM v1)

OUT ROM - Boot logo restore.

V20D_00 - ROM (Latest LG Stock ROM) -- Use this if reverting back to LG Default.

Browse ROM Directory

------------------------

Flash Player for GT540 -- Swiftdroid tested, it works... but not so great. This is NOT Flash Lite, it's full 10.1

(QR Code below for direct download to phone)

img.php?s=5&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sknill.com%2FGT540%2FAndroid_Apps%2Fflash_player%252010.1%2520armv6%2520android.apk

------------------------

EDIT: Hmm, yep my post has gone past the 5 lines it started with... thank goodness for Edit ;-)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest B-ZiGER

I just sing in to say this i have succesfuly done all steps from number 1. i hawe 2.1 official. Everething was ok untill 13.step installation didnt wont do start automaticly(my mob was in fastboot) so i had started it form C:\GT540\inico_update2 and installation finished ok but my phone didin't wont to boot it frozen it self on Cyongenmod 7 android skate logo.I tried to pull battery and restart but again the same so i used recovery and i am now back again on 2.1.Any tips what to do...

Edited by B-ZiGER