[2/Nov/11] Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread (Swiftdroid) CM 7.1 For LG GT540 [New Method]

Guest TechnoHolico

Guest Stephen J. Knill

I just sing in to say this i have succesfuly done all steps from number 1. i hawe 2.1 official. Everething was ok untill 13.step installation didnt wont do start automaticly(my mob was in fastboot) so i had started it form C:\GT540\inico_update2 and installation finished ok but my phone didin't wont to boot it frozen it self on Cyongenmod 7 android skate logo.I tried to pull battery and restart but again the same so i used recovery and i am now back again on 2.1.Any tips what to do...

(I'd suggest downloading the partition re-size ROM I posted above and flashing it using the KDZ method before doing this, it adds 100mb more user space... lets you see what's going on in fastboot, so should there be any problem, you can see what's going on.)

You can try using this download, it's pretty much the same (Swiftdroid 2.0 RC4) but a different method (*.img files)... download and unzip the file... run the fastbootflashereng.exe file, click on the buttons for each of the files and direct them to their locations (sadly it doesn't find them itself). Boot you'r phone back into fastboot mode, plug it in and press the run button

This should give you a working version.

Guest Red_Machine

Thanks Stephen, that worked. I can now boot into fastboot mode. However, Windows cannot find drivers for the phone now, and I don't know which one I should install. I'm using 64-bit Vista, btw.

Edited by Red_Machine

Guest Red_Machine

I installed it, but "Android" still has a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager. I could try installing it manually, but I'm not sure which driver exactly it is I need to install.

Guest Stephen J. Knill

I installed it, but "Android" still has a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager. I could try installing it manually, but I'm not sure which driver exactly it is I need to install.

Hmmz, best way for you to do it is by going into the Add/Remove (Programs and Features) Programs and removing ALL *driver* installations. (Make sure the phone is un-pluged when you do this.) And reboot.

Download and install these 3 files; (Source: LG)

http://www.sknill.co..._ML_Ver_1.0.exe

http://www.sknill.co..._ML_Ver_1.0.exe

http://www.sknill.co...L_Ver_3.2.1.exe

Then plug your phone back in, this should restore pretty much all access... and these are offical drivers. (This does not give all drivers, but the rest are available through Windows Update)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill

Guest Red_Machine

Thanks dude, you're awesome. That worked perfectly!

Only one thing left to do: change the language. My Russian's not so good, so could you give me a step-by-step guide?

Guest Stephen J. Knill

Thanks dude, you're awesome. That worked perfectly!

Only one thing left to do: change the language. My Russian's not so good, so could you give me a step-by-step guide?

Ahhh, yer that should be a headliner step lol...

Open the Root Explorer (File Manager) -- Grant it Permission when asked, go into the /system folder press the "Mount R/W" button so it shows "Mount R/O"

Click and hold on the build.prop file untill you get a popup, scroll down the list to Open in Text Editor.

Change these 2 lines;

ro.product.locale.language=ru

ro.product.locale.region=RU

To;

ro.product.locale.language=en

ro.product.locale.region=AU

Press the Menu button, and save and exit.

Now... reboot into recovery and do "wipe data/factory reset", and just reboot the phone... it should all be in readable English now :P

---Added--

Oh, and enjoy your fully unlocked and updated GT540! laugh.gif

Guest Red_Machine

It won't let me edit it as it's a read-only file. I also can't change permissions on it either.

Also, can you remind me how to boot into recovery mode? Thanks.

Guest Stephen J. Knill

It won't let me edit it as it's a read-only file. I also can't change permissions on it either.

Also, can you remind me how to boot into recovery mode? Thanks.

Yer, I missed a step there sorry... I've fixed it up now.

Also it's really easy to boot into recovery with SwiftDroid, just hold the power button as you do to turn it off... but press Reboot instead of Power Off and then select the Recovery check and then click OK. (The menu also pops up when phone is locked.) -- You'll also notice it now has a "Screenshot" option too ;-)

Guest stevo212

Hi everyone,firstly BIG Kudos to the dev's and the community for making these rom's possible. Secondly,i have flashed my son's GT540 with this rom and evrything is good except when i turn the phone off it restarts just as soon as it turns off,just wondered if it is a bug with this rom or it is the phone. Never did it until i flashed with this rom,anyone else having the same?

Guest Stephen J. Knill

Hi everyone,firstly BIG Kudos to the dev's and the community for making these rom's possible. Secondly,i have flashed my son's GT540 with this rom and evrything is good except when i turn the phone off it restarts just as soon as it turns off,just wondered if it is a bug with this rom or it is the phone. Never did it until i flashed with this rom,anyone else having the same?

If the USB is plugged in... yer, that's perfectly normal... there is no "power off" charging anymore sadly. (That's Stock ROMS only)

(If it just refuses to ever shut down, no that's not normal... indicates faulty hardware)

Guest B-ZiGER

I have made it to install new CyanogenMod 7.1 i am very pleased with 2.3.5 now its like new mobile phone.Only thing in this tutorial wasn't said and it is IMPORTANT to said, if you have 2.1 or older, you have to do is to WIPE DATE -easyiest way to that is to go in recovery mod (home+ON buton) and do that before you install new 2.3.5 Android.

I have also put in performance menu cpu clock on 743mhz and now my LG is Flying.

Edited by B-ZiGER

Guest Stephen J. Knill

I have made it to install new CyanogenMod 7.1 i am very pleased with 2.3.5 now its like new mobile phone.Only thing in this tutorial wasn't said and it is IMPORTANT to said, if you have 2.1 or older, you have to do is to WIPE DATE -easyiest way to that is to go in recovery mod (home+ON buton) and do that before you install new 2.3.5 Android.

I have also put in performance menu cpu clock on 743mhz and now my LG is Flying.

Well, no it doesn't say you need to... but that's why the exe installer asks if it's an upgrade of fresh install (fresh install wipes all the data, upgrade does not... for obvious reasons)...

However I do agree that the guide needs some clean up. (Needs to be easier for those non-english)

Guest stevo212

If the USB is plugged in... yer, that's perfectly normal... there is no "power off" charging anymore sadly. (That's Stock ROMS only)

(If it just refuses to ever shut down, no that's not normal... indicates faulty hardware)

Sorry,forgot to mention that it was while it was on charge. Thanks for answering,just glad it wasnt a bad flash on my part :rolleyes:

Guest liverpool_hooligans

Hi guys! Sorry for my bad english :)

I have a big problem and I'm asking you for a solution.

I had a 2.3.5 android on my Optimus and now I'm turn back older one, 2.1 version.

When I finished installation my phone automaticaly rebooted. Now on the screen in the boot process are apearing LG logo and than blinking android logo and that's all. I can't turn on my phone and run the system.

Thanks.

I have v2.1 on LG 540, I followed instructions exactly, but I am stuck at number 8, I did this:

8- Now clic “Launch software update”, DO NOT USE THE PC TO THE PROCESS IS COMPLETE. THE PHONE WILL REBOOT WHEN FINISHED THE PROCESS IN KDZ. (The process takes about 15 minutes in KDZ).

and about 2 minutes text log writes and stopped, I am now waiting more then 40 minutes my phone didn't reboot. On display is still written download mode, what should I do now ?

In kdz is written:

3GQCT: wParam = 205. IParam = 36

Here I am again :)

I've got phone today from service (not official LG service), repairman just manage to wake up phone so I can turn it On, but when I turn it I get black screen with message on it ''download mode''. Now computer recognize phone when I plug it, and I tried to update or flash it with kdz updater but have no luck frown.gif

I launch kdz in emergency mode, load rom with updater, press launch button, and process started, (get messages unpacking software etc.) but after 3-4 minutes I notice that computer is blocked I couldn't do anything with mouse pointer, and I waited 15 minutes but computer is still blocked, even time on computer is stopped. I tried this procedure few times, every time it is same. Also tried to disable lg virtual modem in device manager. Any idea what I could do ?

p.s. repairman in service told me that he tried it to flash it with riff box, process started but after few minutes if stopped and blocked his riff box

p.s.2

when I plug in usb I also got this message as in picture ''driver instalation'' in the middle never ends installing software, is it important ?

post-781896-0-25251000-1315677664_thumb.

Edited by gorantz

Guest shadow wave

Just flashed this and everything works fine except the gps. Using gps test it can't find any satellites even after half an hour, does it need to be reflashed or can I fix it?

FIXED: Just needed to go into recovery and fix permissions.

Edited by shadow wave

Guest cyclopx7

Hi guys! Sorry for my bad english :)

I have a big problem and I'm asking you for a solution.

I had a 2.3.5 android on my Optimus and now I'm turn back older one, 2.1 version.

When I finished installation my phone automaticaly rebooted. Now on the screen in the boot process are apearing LG logo and than blinking android logo and that's all. I can't turn on my phone and run the system.

Thanks.

In the android logo:

1-> Get off the baterie.

2-> Turn on the phone and enter in fastboot(press camera button + pwr until a black screen appears)

3-> Type "fastboot -w" in command prompt, wait a second and then type "fastboot reboot"

4-> Your phone will me fine .

I hope its helps

Edited by cyclopx7

Guest yatindestel

phone not detected by kdz updater :(<br><br>edit:<br>the phone had gone back to usb mass storage only mode :)<br>starting now. fingers crossed.<br>

everything done. 2.3.5 running smoothely. hoping that it stays so :)

now its time to explore as this is a quantum leap for me, from lg 2.1 without even root till two days ago to this custom ROM :)

Edited by yatindestel

Guest brziperica

hy all. i have a little problem. i'm using 2.3.5 RC3 now and when i try to search other mobile operators it says: " error while searching for networks" . any idea?

Guest wizzywig

hy all. i have a little problem. i'm using 2.3.5 RC3 now and when i try to search other mobile operators it says: " error while searching for networks" . any idea?

had the same issue but if you update to RC4 it all worked for me mate

Guest Stephen J. Knill

This is due to a error in the function used to search the Networks (Problem is also in RC4, it's in all of the 2.3.5's). -- I believe it last functioned in the M* releases.

Automatic registration works fine though and is quite adequate for normal usage of the phone...

Most providers will have a list of usable networks, Automatic will switch over to these networks when needed... this generally does not need to be done manually except for in areas where you have coverage from 2 networks but the Network Preferred has a weaker signal than the next available network... Automatic will follow the preference list where signal is available on those networks regardless of the signal strength.

----

Now on a different topic... can anyone provide some tips to Hiding/Removing the Screenshot option from the Power Menu?

It's really damn annoying having that blasted option locked there (Specially when I let my niece play Sims on my phone... and it comes back with SD card full of random screenshots every time, now I can remove the APK and prevent the filling of space, but that just leaves a "dead option" which is just as bad...)

Thankfully I've already managed to hide the Recovery and Bootloader options from the Reboot menu.

(I don't need an extra option to do what buttons on my phone already do... and it's not really a smart idea to have the recovery so easily available when it's capable of wiping all data on the phone without any kind of security lock. Unless you just never let it go.)

Guest wizzywig

This is due to a error in the function used to search the Networks (Problem is also in RC4, it's in all of the 2.3.5's). -- I believe it last functioned in the M* releases.

Automatic registration works fine though and is quite adequate for normal usage of the phone...

Most providers will have a list of usable networks, Automatic will switch over to these networks when needed... this generally does not need to be done manually except for in areas where you have coverage from 2 networks but the Network Preferred has a weaker signal than the next available network... Automatic will follow the preference list where signal is available on those networks regardless of the signal strength.

----

Now on a different topic... can anyone provide some tips to Hiding/Removing the Screenshot option from the Power Menu?

It's really damn annoying having that blasted option locked there (Specially when I let my niece play Sims on my phone... and it comes back with SD card full of random screenshots every time, now I can remove the APK and prevent the filling of space, but that just leaves a "dead option" which is just as bad...)

Thankfully I've already managed to hide the Recovery and Bootloader options from the Reboot menu.

(I don't need an extra option to do what buttons on my phone already do... and it's not really a smart idea to have the recovery so easily available when it's capable of wiping all data on the phone without any kind of security lock. Unless you just never let it go.)

mine works 100% with RC4 im in the UK on O2 network

• 2 weeks later...

HI i need a help & have a question to ask. should i have SDK Manager installed on my computer to install it?

I've tried to following the instructions from start to the end, seems like no problem at all, but after i finished installing Android235GT540 my phone stayed in fastboot mode (blank screen) :( and when i restart my phone, it's stuck on android animation

thank you

ps : sorry for my bad English :lol:

Edited by bamz182