Got a new SD card, how to get it to work in my OSF best?

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Hi all, I'm on GingerStirFry B17, and I've just recieved my 16GB Sandisk MicroSD card, and was wondering the best way to transfer everything, including the sd partition and also where I should format the SD card? (I.e format it in the phones sd card bit or Clockworks format sd card function? )

Thanks!

Guest wrtease

just copy everthing into a folder on your pc .then use a usb card reader to format your sdcard to fat32. then copy back to it then put it back in your mobile.that should do it fine.

Guest flshg

SDcards should already be formatted correctly i.e. fat32, but if you want you're ok to format in clockwork or pc sdcard reader. Note that if you use the non-froyo A2SD, your apps will be hidden on the old sdcard so wont be copied to PC and you'll need to use other methods.

Guest flshg

Unless you specifically remember partitioning your old sdcard with an ext2 partition for A2SD then you dont need to worry about it.

If you did, then one method would be to do a nandroid backup using clockworkmod, put in new sdcard, and nandroid restore. I think that method will work even if you didnt use A2SD.