No ROM and No Files Found...

Guest Christo0908

Guest Christo0908

I just got a 16GB memory card today and I have run into a slight problem... I swapped the memory cards over and formatted the new one (15GB FAT32 and 1GB EXT4) and then through Clockworkmod recovery, I tried to install a file from zip and it says no files found, am I doing something wrong? it shows them on my computer but not on the phone....

Guest Yogimax

I just got a 16GB memory card today and I have run into a slight problem... I swapped the memory cards over and formatted the new one (15GB FAT32 and 1GB EXT4) and then through Clockworkmod recovery, I tried to install a file from zip and it says no files found, am I doing something wrong? it shows them on my computer but not on the phone....

The best way (as far as I know) to swap to a new SD card is to:

1 Make a nandroid backup of your phone to the old card, and then copy the contents of your SD card to your PC.

2 Either format your new card from a PC booted up from a Linux distro and create your EXT partition there, or else put the new card in the phone and use ROM Manager to create a partition for you

3 Copy the contents of your old card (including your nandroid backup) to the new FAT32 partition on your new card using your PC.

4 Perform a nandroid restore of the backup at 1 above onto the new card

Hope this makes sense, and please someone correct me if I am giving duff advice!

Guest Christo0908

The best way (as far as I know) to swap to a new SD card is to:

1 Make a nandroid backup of your phone to the old card, and then copy the contents of your SD card to your PC.

2 Either format your new card from a PC booted up from a Linux distro and create your EXT partition there, or else put the new card in the phone and use ROM Manager to create a partition for you

3 Copy the contents of your old card (including your nandroid backup) to the new FAT32 partition on your new card using your PC.

4 Perform a nandroid restore of the backup at 1 above onto the new card

Hope this makes sense, and please someone correct me if I am giving duff advice!

Thanks for the help, I used ClockworkMods built in partitioner, great advice +1 :)