Orange Monte Carlo £139.99 Bought Today

Guest putbinoot

Guest hecatae

Yes it says something like copy system update image to ad card.

good, got an idea of making a suitable image.bin with clockwork recovery on it so we can dump the rom

Guest sej7278

downloaded romdump.zip do I place the unzipped file on the SD card or do I just link to it using the Google app.

there should be a README.txt explaining it in the zip, two options:

1. via adb on pc:

adb push install /data/local/

adb shell chmod 04755 /data/local/install

adb shell /data/local/install

turn wifi on+off

adb shell romdump

2. via terminal app on phone:

copy install file to sd card

cat /sdcard/install >/data/local/install

chmod 04755 /data/local/install

/data/local/install

turn wifi on+off

/system/bin/romdump

then the results should be in the romdump directory on your sd card.

lol poor you, being everyone's tester, you'll learn a fair bit though!

README.TXT

Edited by sej7278

Guest todoleo

Just walked into store in livingston Scotland , they had none on display and no demos i just asked for one and they said we have them in the back of the shop.

Excellent, thanks! I live in Edinburgh, so if they don't have them in any of the Edinburgh stores I'll head out to Livingston. Was it in the Armadale shopping centre by any chance?

Guest putbinoot

Excellent, thanks! I live in Edinburgh, so if they don't have them in any of the Edinburgh stores I'll head out to Livingston. Was it in the Armadale shopping centre by any chance?

Its the new part called the elements i think. Opposite mcarthur glen designer outlet.

Guest putbinoot

Will a custom rom effectively unlock it?

As far as i am aware no, rooting and installing roms etc is a different thing from a network lock. We will have to wait longer for the network unlock.

Guest FrankieADZ

Curses.....I knew I shouldnt have clicked on this forum now mad.giflaugh.gif

I'm tempted to get a Skate now. huh.gif

You guys think its worth getting to replace my Blade?

Guest sej7278

Curses.....I knew I shouldnt have clicked on this forum now mad.giflaugh.gif

I'm tempted to get a Skate now. huh.gif

You guys think its worth getting to replace my Blade?

have you seen the unboxing video? its a bigger blade, that's it. i think a blade running cm7 and overclocked a little is 90% of what a skate is.

£160 would be better spent on an unlocked huawei u8800 with arm7

Guest FrankieADZ

have you seen the unboxing video? its a bigger blade, that's it. i think a blade running cm7 and overclocked a little is 90% of what a skate is.

£160 would be better spent on an unlocked huawei u8800 with arm7

Ur tempting me on to other devices now huh.giflaugh.gif

I watched the unboxing...and like all unboxing vids it made me want one. I really think ZTE missed a trick in not just make the Skate 1Ghz from the get go.

Guest Schejtan

Ur tempting me on to other devices now huh.giflaugh.gif

I watched the unboxing...and like all unboxing vids it made me want one. I really think ZTE missed a trick in not just make the Skate 1Ghz from the get go.

is there a place where you can get the u8800 for 160?

Guest putbinoot

I think alot of people are missing the point this is not a blade it's better i like the blade but having been using this for a day surfing is so much better just because of the size of the screen. People need to start thinking about what it has instead of what it has not remember you are getting this from between 140-160 new with a year guarantee it's not the fastest phone or with the latest

cpu but if you want that you can have it just go to the orange shop or any other and hand over your five hundred pound and you can have it.

Guest t0mm13b

Okie,

This is what I reckon the prices will be - as per on Amazon UK, the sim free version of Skate would be 249GBP, to be released on 20th September, possibly unlocked, am hedging my bets on this as Expansys.ie are doing the same but the "Price TBC" tag is underneath it along with "TBA" for date of availability.

So the price in today's exchange rate is approx, 249GBP == 285euro!

Bit pricey! :o

Guest sej7278

is there a place where you can get the u8800 for 160?

a bit of googling will get you one for £179, knock off the price of getting the skate sim unlocked and you're about there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Slot-9

Will bet on who (and what site), the first will be able to unlock the Monte Carlo?

Your bets ladies and gentlemen? :o

I live in Somerset & have today been to Orange in Taunton. They had the phone in stock but it was for contract only. They will be getting some next week for PAYG selling for £149.99 + £10.00 top up.

They let me have a play with the Monte Carlo & I was impressed (except for the orange bloat ware) I loved the 4:3 screen, texting is a dream after the sanfransico!

Lets hope the moders get cracking on this mobile.