Switching from Wifi To Data when screen is turn off

Guest marin6061

Guest marin6061

Hi,

I would like to present a case and then ask about a behavior of some of the popular ROM

When the WiFi and the Data are Enabled, and the screen is turned Off, the blade should switch from WiFi connection (if it's been connected previously) and switch the link to Cellular Data.

How I tested?

Used to send messages to GTalk from my desktop to the Blade when the screen is turned off, and checking logs on my router.

Using ROM:

1. Swedish Spring RLS5 – When the screen is turned off, it seems like the WiFi is no actually disconnected, and the phone is not actually switching to the Data, and the massages arrives only when the phone is waked up.

2. Simple Stir Fry – Works perfectly, when the screen is turned off, the phone disconnects from the router and switchers to Data, then any massage send via GTalk arrives almost immediately to the Blade.

3. CyanogenMod7 – Here I am confused, sometimes the massage arrives on time, and sometimes on delay, rarely (and when I am not patience enough) the message arrives only when I wake up the phone.

This is a very important feature to me, I would like to stay with the WiFi and Data turned On all the time, and don’t be disturb if I turned the WiFi off before I turned the screen off so my massages on GTalk (and mails) arrive on time.

Which part of the loaded software on the phone is responsible for this behavior? (ROM? Kernel? Drivers?)

Is there a way to make CyanogenMod7 behave like Simple Stir Fry? (it almost there but not every time, maybe partial wakeups make it seems like it's ok ?)

Guest Pelemane

Is there a way to make CyanogenMod7 behave like Simple Stir Fry? (it almost there but not every time, maybe partial wakeups make it seems like it's ok ?)

Yes, when ZTE releases source for Skate or Gingerbread Libra.