09 Aug: Superboot - root access for the ZTE Skate

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mamen2022

Just reflash your stock boot.img. This will correct your wifi problem and the superuser that was already installed by superboot remains in the system.

Hi,

I have exactaly the same problem, no wireless.. How do I reflash the stock boot.img??

Edited by mamen2022

Hi,

I have exactaly the same problem, no wireless.. How do I reflash the stock boot.img??

The same way as you flashed the superboot. But using the original boot.img from your STOCK backup.

If you don't have your own backup, search in the forum. There is a topic with stock roms.

I have also made a special TPT image containing generic ZTE Skate stock rom with Android 2.3.5 - rooted + ClockWorkMod already in there.

So if you are not able to move further this would be the easiest way to sort it out.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi,

There is a part on flashing stock/separate partitions in my tutorial, its in my signature.

Just skip to part 8.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Cscratchy

Introducing.... Superboot - root access for your ZTE Skate / Orange Monte Carlo! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Before download, you need to check your device 'about' screen to determine which superboot version you need.

• Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 24866507d5b2819a2369f69a5783882d

The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device.

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory

- Ensure USB debugging is enabled in 'Settings -> Development' and that, if on Windows, you have installed any requested drivers

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by 'sudo ./install-superboot-linux.sh'

That's it! Enjoy! ;)

P

Hi is this compatible with clockworkmod? I have installed clockworkmod and subsequently installed superboot. Now my Monte is stuck with flashing "android" splash screen. Could this be a compatiblity issue? Also, my Monte is a P743T B01 it was my understanding that this version of the superboot was compatible. If not where can I find the correct one.

Regards,

Cscratchy

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi is this compatible with clockworkmod? I have installed clockworkmod and subsequently installed superboot. Now my Monte is stuck with flashing "android" splash screen. Could this be a compatiblity issue? Also, my Monte is a P743T B01 it was my understanding that this version of the superboot was compatible. If not where can I find the correct one.

Regards,

Cscratchy

Just follow part 4.

http://android.modac...-for-beginners/

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Cscratchy

Thanks mate,

Don't like using Windows normally for rooting and unlocking much prefer Linux/Ubuntu. Borrowed eldest sons' laptop Win7 and manually updated to adb drivers as per the thread you linked.

Also used the Volume-/Home combo once the cmd screen moved to waiting on device.

Regards,

Cscratchy

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi folks, i get as far as pressing" install superboot windows" but all i get is "waiting for device" help please.

Read my turorial. its all in there... Its with pictures and everything.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest WallyUK

Hi Guys,

On Windows 7 here and trying to install drivers from google-usb_driver.zip (taken from here) except it encounters an error while trying to install Android Bootloader Interface? Can anyone point me to right drivers to install?

23483243.jpg

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi Guys,

On Windows 7 here and trying to install drivers from google-usb_driver.zip (taken from here) except it encounters an error while trying to install Android Bootloader Interface? Can anyone point me to right drivers to install?

There is a search button at the right side of the forum. You could try and type the word driver there and then the first result would be:

http://android.modac..._1#entry1874501

I did it for you ;)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Johnny hung's “TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge.rar” is offline, does anyone still have it? He uploaded a second version on page 9 with the WIFI fix inside, but the megaupload site says its temporarily unavailable.

Can someone please upload it again. Not the one on page 8, the new version on page 9.

Thanks

Guest jojozep

I've just managed to Unlock my OMC after quite a battle with Drivers.

My next goal is to install the ZTE Stock ROM GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04

The way I understand it you need to have ClockWork installed and have found reference to TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge. From this package I would need to run

* Install_CWM_recovery.bat then

* install _Android2.3.4_root.bat (as I now have Orange 2.3.4).

Could someone conform these steps and suggest the next steps towards installing ZTE Stock ROM GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B04.

Thanks

Guest jojozep

I'm confused - I still have original Orange (I've just unlocked so far). In Post #1 its stated:

* Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 24866507d5b2819a2369f69a5783882d

Do I use the above ? or do I root using TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge and use ONLY run Install_CWM_recovery.bat (and leave out step Install _Android2.3.4_root.bat). Then run Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD

Thanks

Edited by jojozep

Guest jcmyall

I'm confused - I still have original Orange (I've just unlocked so far). In Post #1 its stated:

* Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 24866507d5b2819a2369f69a5783882d

Do I use the above ? or do I root using TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge and use ONLY run Install_CWM_recovery.bat (and leave out step Install _Android2.3.4_root.bat). Then run Superboot for OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05 - DOWNLOAD

Thanks

If you want to install ZTE's Skate stock rom (on Android 2.3.5) and you don't have Clockwork Mod installed already you'll need to install Clockwork mod, flash the rom, then run the Install_Android2.3.5_root.bat file.

While it's not suggested in the guides here, it is best to then reflash the original boot.img back to the phone. You will still have root and you'll keep all your Superuser settings/su binary updates after you turn the phone off.

Guest jojozep

If you want to install ZTE's Skate stock rom (on Android 2.3.5) and you don't have Clockwork Mod installed already you'll need to install Clockwork mod, flash the rom, then run the Install_Android2.3.5_root.bat file.

While it's not suggested in the guides here, it is best to then reflash the original boot.img back to the phone. You will still have root and you'll keep all your Superuser settings/su binary updates after you turn the phone off.

Thanks jcmyall

So if I understand you well to upgrade from original Orange 2.3.4 to ZTE Stock that is at 2.3.5 I need to do the following:

* Download TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge

* Download the ZTE Stock ROM

* Install Clockwork Mod (from TWM_F_T3_R_P)

* Flash the ZTE Stock ROM (by placing ZIP file onto SD card ???)

* Run Install_Android2.3.5_root.bat (from TWM_F_T3_R_P) - presumably as ZTE ROM is 2.3.5

You mention to reflash the original boot.img. Where can I get the BOOT.IMG file and how is it flashed.

I think I'm in the wrong thread. Is there another more applicable thread.

Thanks again.

Guest jcmyall

Thanks jcmyall

So if I understand you well to upgrade from original Orange 2.3.4 to ZTE Stock that is at 2.3.5 I need to do the following:

* Download TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge

* Download the ZTE Stock ROM

* Install Clockwork Mod (from TWM_F_T3_R_P)

* Flash the ZTE Stock ROM (by placing ZIP file onto SD card ???)

* Run Install_Android2.3.5_root.bat (from TWM_F_T3_R_P) - presumably as ZTE ROM is 2.3.5

You mention to reflash the original boot.img. Where can I get the BOOT.IMG file and how is it flashed.

I think I'm in the wrong thread. Is there another more applicable thread.

Thanks again.

If you're downloading the stock rom from the stock rom sticky thread, you'll have to convert it to a compatible image.bin format using THIS tool, which you would then place in a folder on your SD card called "image". You then turn the phone off and turn it back on again while holding VOLUME UP and MENU.

That will perform a tpt (Total Phone Transfer) and it will restart with the ZTE stock rom.

When you go to convert the file to "image.bin" have a look inside that folder, there will be a boot.img file in there. It might simply just show "boot" for you. Copy this somewhere.

For ease of use, download the link on the opening post. Extract it, and go into it and right click on "install-superboot-windows" and select edit. Delete the one word "superboot" and one of the full stops. Save this and then drop the boot.img you copied earlier into the same folder. Now run the new script and it should copy the original boot.img over.

The script you edited should now look like this:

adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader 

fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.img

fastboot-windows.exe reboot

Windows will put it on one line. so don't worry about the spacing.

Guest jojozep

If you're downloading the stock rom from the stock rom sticky thread, you'll have to convert it to a compatible image.bin format using THIS tool, which you would then place in a folder on your SD card called "image". You then turn the phone off and turn it back on again while holding VOLUME UP and MENU.

That will perform a tpt (Total Phone Transfer) and it will restart with the ZTE stock rom.

When you go to convert the file to "image.bin" have a look inside that folder, there will be a boot.img file in there. It might simply just show "boot" for you. Copy this somewhere.

For ease of use, download the link on the opening post. Extract it, and go into it and right click on "install-superboot-windows" and select edit. Delete the one word "superboot" and one of the full stops. Save this and then drop the boot.img you copied earlier into the same folder. Now run the new script and it should copy the original boot.img over.

The script you edited should now look like this:

adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader 

fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.img

fastboot-windows.exe reboot

Windows will put it on one line. so don't worry about the spacing.

Thanks JCMYALL. Will give it a go. Will play about with theGen2_TPT.zip tool offline to get to know it. BTW the Gen2_TPT.zip is meant for ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco - is it compatible with Orange Monte Carlo ?

Edited by jojozep

Guest secretman_z

Hey i did the superboot ,but my phone is still the same , i mean im really new at this , what are the options of having a superboot ? is it the same as a custom rom or can you overclock and play ad free games ?

cheerz

Guest MadeInMachines

Trying to install superboot as in the instructions but In terminal I get the error: No such file or directory. How do i 'Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files'?

Thanks

Edited by MadeInMachines

Guest Wacky.ddw

Trying to install superboot as in the instructions but In terminal I get the error: No such file or directory. How do i 'Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files'?

Thanks

Just follow my tutorial :)

Guest MadeInMachines

Any tips for doing this on osx? My phone has been clogged up since I got It. How do I stop apps trying to update? I just have no space - stupid to give so little on a phone like this

Guest Wacky.ddw

Any tips for doing this on osx? My phone has been clogged up since I got It. How do I stop apps trying to update? I just have no space - stupid to give so little on a phone like this

These links might help: http://www.droidforu...ur-droid-x.html

http://www.xda-devel...ing-adb-in-osx/

If you get ADB working you can flash clockworkmod recovery, then i can give you can flash a other ROM or i can give you a package that you can flash trough clockworkmod for root access.

Cant you do it on a friends computer?

Edited by Wacky.ddw