09 Aug: ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 (unofficial MoDaCo edition) for the ZTE Skate

Guest PaulOBrien

you are a bit dangerous :D

This thread is for CWM. Please post your issues in the appropriate sticky thread. I will assume that you knew beforehand that there are two types of rooting depending on whether you have a 2.3.4 ROM or a 2.3.5 ROM installed. Using the wrong one will...

yikes , i didnt look into that fully

i can still get into clockwork and i can read the sd card on the pc , can i just download a rom and then install it from that and reboot , or is it doomed ????

sorry to be a pain but im paniking a bit now

Guest dibbles

As long as you can get into CWM do NOT panic :)

One of your options is to just do what you have suggested. Select a ROM from what is available and install that from CWM after doing your usual wipes etc.

I posted my question on the Atomic ROM thread but it's maybe got more chance of an answer here:

How can I check if ClockwordMod Recovery has loaded correctly? I followed the unlock tutorial with my brand new, out of the box Monte Carlo, which worked eventually, but have come back later to look at loading custom ROMs. I used the post-unlock folder as mentioned at the end of the unlock tutorial to run 'install-recovery-windows.bat' and the phone went to the green android logo and froze. I removed the battery and stuck it back in and all seems OK, but I don't know if ClockworkMod has loaded.

How can I check? Another poster had the same issue but added a ROM manager app. Should I try this or is ClockworkMod the one to have?

Edited by Nozz

Guest dibbles

I posted my question on the Atomic ROM thread but it's maybe got more chance of an answer here:

How can I check if ClockwordMod Recovery has loaded correctly?...........

I posted how to check that just a few posts up from yours.!

Edited by dibbles

I posted how to check that just a few posts up from yours.!

Thanks. I read the entire thread, including your post (yesterday 3.16pm) but thought that was a solution for somebody that knew they hadn't installed CWM. I don't know how to even check, so thought I could just look somewhere in the phone.

If not, re-reading your post, can you please tell me about:

1) Uninstalling drivers - so this would just be the Handset USB driver from the unlock tutorial? I've only followed the tutorial, so is this all I've got? Do I have to reinstall after to be able to load ROMs?

2) Where do I find "device manager"? Ignore this - found it.

3) Can you please clarify the comment about USB storage. It's not something I've even seen, so where would I check if it's switched off?

4) Just spotted within that Handset USB driver folder that there's a file called ejectdisk. I've seen that mentioned a few times in other threads but it wasn't something I clicked as part of the unlock process. Is this something I've missed?

Apologies for the potentially stupid questions. Complete newbie here.

Edited by Nozz

I am having problems with the drivers on Win7.

I can see androind phone in device manger but the update drivers box i greyed out so I cannot manually update.

Any idea why this is happening?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest owenoliver1

I was stuck on the waiting for device turned out i didn't have the bootloader drivers under device manager there was a thing called android right click updated to the drivers from page 3 and it worked :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mattfletcher9292

how to download

see where it says 'DOWNLOAD' at the top on the original post.... probably a good place to start

edit:

just realised there were 5 pages to this thread xD

Edited by mattfletcher9292

• 1 month later...
Guest davidloweruk

Going to try today just got my ze skate / Monte carlo unlocked ... need clockwork for a nice fast custom rom .. try installing last version net cafe shop not let me install the win drivers so will sort on another pc sap ,, which is best rom for speed ... and ... one for best for custom looks ... so got 3 roms save 2 custom and my standard ... I have the orange uk rom and put on zte uk standard rom .. got unlocked .. now need put this clockwork on so can use custom roms .. may come back and remark how its got ... I'm told zte skate ice rom and atomic rom are best or good and zte ics told will get better ... zte skate seems to be coming a big hit for custom roms like zte blade or may be come bigger hit for custom rom users has get a lot of phone for the money and when on some custom roms comes up has such a great phone but rubbish on orange rom ... thanks all to the custom rom makers here a lot GREAT .....

Guest davidloweruk

PUTTING CLOCKWORK ON ZTE SKATE / MONTE CARLO ... ALL DONE W I T HO U T A P C ... Right I'm back ... I put clockwork on without a pc YES WITHOUT A PC NEEDED STRAIGHT ON MY PHONE WITH THE ORANGE STANDARD ROM OR STANDARD ZTE ROM so I can put a custom rom on ... this is how its done ... go to market on phone search for. ... TPT Helper 2.0.3.apk ... then open TPT Helper 2.0.3.apk ... then open ALL IN ONE .. CLICK skate v2a ... it will download it when downloaded ... click POWER OF TO START TPT ... THEN IT WILL POWER OFF AND INSTALL CLOCKWORK V4.0.1.4 ... THEN YOU CAN INSTALL CUSTOM ROMS ... ALL THIS CAN BE DONE FROM YOUR PHONE WITH A GOOD NET CONNECTION ON YOUR PHONE. Rom I've pt on I have now put cm9 ICS 4,03 ive turned off all the fancy stuff and set cpu min 320mzh max 921mzh ondemard which is working best for me .. THIS SHOULD COME SOME HELP TO THOSE WHO DO HAVE A PC AND WANT TO PUT CLOCKWORK ON THIS WAY TO WHICH I HAVE DONE BOTH WAYS .. I've put this post up to help others has I have not come across a post or on net how to put clockwork on this phone without a pc ... so now you all Got the info how to do it now.

Guest davidloweruk

TPT Helper is designed for the ZTE phones. It helps you to easily repartition the phone and for the ZTE Blade, convert it to the Gen 2 memory layout to let you run the latest custom ROMs. ZTE phones supported so far are the ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco, ZTE Skate/ Orange Monte Carlo and the Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. Features: *Download TPT files giving different partition layouts *Download TPT files which will convert and install a ROM in one go *Build your own TPT choosing partition size, recovery and splash image (within a given range) -Needs root access on some phones *Start the TPT from inside the app on some roms, no need to use the hardware buttons manually *Check the file is intact *Unzip the TPT files to the correct location *Verify that all the files you're about to flash are intact *Clean up afterwards to avoid accidental flashes Warning: TPTs can be dangerous and could permanently brick your phone. Only use files designed for your phone, and always follow the in-app instructions. Translations: French translations by Alex131089 and jp33. German translations by FelixL. Russian translations by top4ek. Chinese translations by wuxipaopao and xiaoyaoswim. Serbian translations by Sokobeg. Czech translations by dejf. Polish translations by arnoldziq. Hungarian translations by agpoli. Swedish translations by Ipecac9. Also some Portuguese and Spanish translations

• 1 month later...
Guest trueno2k

Hey all, and a good morning as well,

Was just wondering whether anyone is willing to port over CWM 5.0.2.7 to the Skate, I've got a HTC Wildfire and I've fastbooted CWM 5.0.2.7 on to it and noticed that it can partition ext 2, 3 & 4 partitions on you SDcards... I think this would be a great addition to the Skate and it saves us from messing around with adb commands and manually partitioning sdcards using guides shown on the net just to get ext3 & 4 partitions...

So, hows about it guyz and girlz?... Please someone take you the challenge!?...

PS. I would do it myself but have no clue to decompiling/porting and compiling CWM language codes, and if I do take up the challenge I'll probably be upgraded to a new device by then as I'm very slow at grasping today's programming languages :P

UPDATE: NVM about my request, I have CWM 5.5.0.4 on my OMC, hoping after I've done my nandroid backup I can see that this CWM has ext4 partitioning support like with my Wildfire!... :P

UPDATE: Sorry, but I made another mistake... It seems this version of CWM doesn't support partitioning ext4 partitions on sdcards... There must be something unique to the WF's CWM 5.0.2.7 that I aquired many months ago... Oh well my enquiry at the beginning of this post stands!... Would love to see ext4 partition support on my OMC :P ... Pretty PLEASE?!?!... :P

EDIT: On similar note, was just wondering whether anyone here is having difficulty with booting up into CWM 5.5.0.4 from cold start (using MENU & VOL+ & POWER)?... None of the hard keys on my OMC are working when I boot up this way... Only way I can do so, is to boot in from my ROM or boot in after a fresh TPT with CWM 5.5.0.4 on it, once in, I must use reboot recovery option to keep CWM to back in CWM if I want to stay in...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Related to my problem with my previous post I have found that I can not boot in to CWM 5.5.0.4 from cold boot when I want to change sdcards... Only way I can think of doing this is boot in from my ROM using reboot / recovery, or whilst in working CWM 5.5.0.4 use reboot recovery after plugging in power lead, take the battery out, swap sdcards, put battery back in, and then choose reboot recovery... Would love to get a fully working CWM5 on my OMC!?!?!... Better yet anyone got skills and time to compile a newer version of CWM for our OMC's / Skate's???...

Guest zukenp

Heloo. I installed this recovery 1 month ago(TPT ).And i dont have problems with instaling roms.But i figure that i have problem when i boot(meni + vol + power) cwm recovery 4.0.1.4.When i fall into this recovery,i cannot anymore boot up mine rom who was installed .Points is that when ever i boot recovery(for no reason) i cannot anymore boot my old (installed rom) exept i install again from begining new rom? Does anybody know what it is?

Guest trueno2k

Heloo. I installed this recovery 1 month ago(TPT ).And i dont have problems with instaling roms.But i figure that i have problem when i boot(meni + vol + power) cwm recovery 4.0.1.4.When i fall into this recovery,i cannot anymore boot up mine rom who was installed .Points is that when ever i boot recovery(for no reason) i cannot anymore boot my old (installed rom) exept i install again from begining new rom? Does anybody know what it is?

MENU + VOL UP + POWER is for use to TPT a fresh copy of the image.img (stored in the image directory/folder) file onto your device, so if you use this button combination while you have a image.img file stored in an image folder, then effectively you're putting on a fresh copy of the TPT image be that a blank one or a full rom inclusive one or a stock one!... So, once you have finished TPT'ing a fresh copy of the TPT image, either delete or rename the folder to something else to avoid TPT'ing your device accidenttally!...

The actual button combination you're looking for to just enter CWM recovery is VOL DOWN + POWER only ( No MENU button needed! )... Hope this helps!?...

• 1 month later...
Guest Basicly

Hi

OMC

CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4

Ice Armor III

Trying to update to CWM v5.5.0.4

Tried using Wacky.ddw's guide

Part 2c) Updating or changing clockworkmod

This is the easiest way to update clockworkmod if your allready on a custom ROM, or on rooted stock firmware. If you are not, then please read part 2a or part 2b first.

Download "Terminal emulator" from the market:

LINK

Download on of the packages from the download section of this tutorial, and copy the recovery.img to the root of your SDcard. (Or any other skate compatible recovery)

Open the "Terminal emulator" app and type this without the " " signs:

"su"

"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img"

It should say writing to block xxxxxxx, but sometimes it only shows a square. In my expirience if it doesnt give a error your good to go. Reboot into recovery and see if it worked.

Got error.. Tried it a few times.

I've noticed in CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4 that there is an apply update option and that asks for an update.zip. Any idea where I could get that?

Thanks guys.