09 Aug: ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 (unofficial MoDaCo edition) for the ZTE Skate

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bAzYx

Hi

OMC

CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4

Ice Armor III

Trying to update to CWM v5.5.0.4

Tried using Wacky.ddw's guide

Part 2c) Updating or changing clockworkmod

This is the easiest way to update clockworkmod if your allready on a custom ROM, or on rooted stock firmware. If you are not, then please read part 2a or part 2b first.

Download "Terminal emulator" from the market:

LINK

Download on of the packages from the download section of this tutorial, and copy the recovery.img to the root of your SDcard. (Or any other skate compatible recovery)

Open the "Terminal emulator" app and type this without the " " signs:

"su"

"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img"

It should say writing to block xxxxxxx, but sometimes it only shows a square. In my expirience if it doesnt give a error your good to go. Reboot into recovery and see if it worked.

Got error.. Tried it a few times.

I've noticed in CWM Recovery v4.0.1.4 that there is an apply update option and that asks for an update.zip. Any idea where I could get that?

Thanks guys.

Hereby the links to the posts with flashable zips

Clockworkmod 5.5.0.4:

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry1950090

Team Win Open Recovery (nice as it is touchscreen aware and compresses the Nandroid backups) (Note backup of sd-ext not good though)

http://www.modaco.co...5/#entry1949300

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WiiSky70

I don't trust the Clockworkmod 5.5.0.4 worth the upgrade from the Modaco CWM based recovery , it gave me headhches and problems to flash ROM's

• 7 months later...
Guest almera8

Here is the installable zip file for Razzmataz's 6.0.2.7 version of ClockWorkmod,

http://dl.dropbox.co...date_signed.zip

Credits to the guy who created the zip file for 5.5.0.4 and Razzmataz for CWM 6.0.2.7.

To get in recovery mode with CWM 5 or newer you need to press vol+ and home. If you don't use home, you won't be able to navigate.

Edited by almera8

• 1 month later...
Guest zukenp

Yes i agree for tpt helper.

I have one question about partition sd card resize from recovery.When we do that,of course sd card will be format,can we after that copy all content from sd card(which we save of course earlier) again on card?

And when we do that,does that partition level stays when we install all another roms?

Edited by zukenp

Guest omegavesko

Yes i agree for tpt helper.

I have one question about partition sd card resize from recovery.When we do that,of course sd card will be format,can we after that copy all content from sd card(which we save of course earlier) again on card?

And when we do that,does that partition level stays when we install all another roms?

Yup. Just back up all your files, do the format, then copy the files back (assuming you have enough space left on the main partition).

ROM installs don't modify the SD card whatsoever (though you do usually wipe .android_secure beforehand), so yes, it stays the same forever unless you manually format it again.

Edited by omegavesko

• 4 months later...
Guest papa_san

I have p4013, a device that I believe to be a copy of the ZTE Skate with a medion sticker on it. :-)

I'm told that if I can get this clockwork image into the phone I can make a full backup of the phone to my PC.

Right now I don't have backup of the current system and if I screw it up I won't be able to restore the current rom.

I'm still trying to get one of the available recovery images in my phone. I tried the ones in this thread. These attempts look like this:

C:\install\android\adt-bundle>adb devices

List of devices attached

P4013 device

C:\install\android\adt-bundle>adb reboot bootloader

C:\install\android\adt-bundle>fastboot devices

91e0392 fastboot

C:\install\android\adt-bundle>fastboot flash a_recovery.img

sending 'recovery' (3768 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.334s]

writing 'recovery'...

OKAY [ 0.770s]

finished. total time: 1.113s

C:\install\android\adt-bundle>fastboot reboot

rebooting...

Then I try to reboot in recovery and the phone hangs :-(

I hope someone has some good advice for me :-)

Cheers,

Edited by papa_san