Unlock and rooting Orange Monte Carlo/ ZTE Skate

Guest josh bartsch

Guest josh bartsch

Is the monte carlo much better than the blade? ive been reading the forum and saw some reviews and stuff, i would just like for someone to post a root guide and an unlock guide as soon as they figure it out thanks :)

I have also heard that the current model is not the final model, there is one coming soon with a 1Gz prossesor?

Guest sej7278

Is the monte carlo much better than the blade? ive been reading the forum and saw some reviews and stuff, i would just like for someone to post a root guide and an unlock guide as soon as they figure it out thanks :)

I have also heard that the current model is not the final model, there is one coming soon with a 1Gz prossesor?

wtf? did you not even look at the other threads? its already done.

Guest josh bartsch

wtf? did you not even look at the other threads? its already done.

yea i just found the one about rooting but i cant find one to unlock it.. can you give me a link then?

Guest josh bartsch

hmmm... ive heard that the framework is hidden or something which is whats stopping people from making an algorythm? was this a problem when the blade was first released? i wont buy it unless you can unlock it cos im on giff gaff and its amazing! :D

Guest tillaz

has any one had success rooting using windows vista?

<div><br></div><div>tells me i am missing androidphone drivers even tho i have installed the handset.exe drivers from the phone and the ones posted on here</div>

Edited by tillaz

Guest unrandomsam

Its garbage. (arm less than v7 cannot usefully be clocked above 600mhz).

Not competitive with the Huawei U8800 / Palm Pre 2 / Motorola Defy (And in same price range).

Guest sej7278

Not competitive with the Huawei U8800 / Palm Pre 2 / Motorola Defy (And in same price range).

tell me where you can get a new defy for £119 (or even £160) and i'll buy two! cheapest i've ever seen is £220

Guest tilal6991

Its garbage. (arm less than v7 cannot usefully be clocked above 600mhz).

Do you have the OMC that you can say with such certainity that you can say it's garbage and it can't be usefully clocked?

Guest Pelemane

Do you have the OMC that you can say with such certainity that you can say it's garbage and it can't be usefully clocked?

My U8800 is stable at 1,8GHz. Haven't tried any higher, but seen on AnTuTu that people can overclock it to 1,9GHz.

I really doubt that you can overclock OMC that high. U8800 has 800MHz processor too, but it's ARMv7.

Guest tilal6991

My U8800 is stable at 1,8GHz. Haven't tried any higher, but seen on AnTuTu that people can overclock it to 1,9GHz.

I really doubt that you can overclock OMC that high. U8800 has 800MHz processor too, but it's ARMv7.

It may not be as overclockable but its not garbage for sure. The screen is very good as is the touchscreen.

Guest Pelemane

It may not be as overclockable but its not garbage for sure. The screen is very good as is the touchscreen.

Yes. I'm not saying it's garbage? But I think you could get better phone if you pay couple pounds more.

Guest tilal6991

Yes. I'm not saying it's garbage? But I think you could get better phone if you pay couple pounds more.

Right now it's pretty difficult to get hold of a new U8800 in the UK. And I didn't mean that you said it was garbage - a few posts above that's what was said.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just one for myself.

Just wondering when can it be unlocked?

Cheers,

Imran

Some people are considering the Huawi U8800 over the Skate...

The whole deal with the OMC is the biggest large screen on the Market...

Seeing as the Skate is 4.3" inch and the Huawi 3.8" I dont think the U8800 is comparable...

If I wanted a 3.5" or 3.8" I wouldnt buy a U8800, there are many more interesting models in that screen size from well known manufacturers for little money....