raceroms.co.uk

Guest wooly_sammoth

Guest equiliym

Since the site has been on the new server (Sunday 16th October) there have been 310 unique visitors to the site who between them downloaded 18.84 GB of ROMs. The majority of the visitors were from Brazil and 88.7% of them added the site to their favourites.

hahaha, sweet.. thats a real stats improvement :DD good job wooly

Guest wooly_sammoth

Blimey, yesterday was busy on raceroms. Equiliym, you've taken the top spot in the most popular ROM list by quite a large lead.

It looks like most of the 2471 unique visits came from China but the site is getting linked to from all over the world. I'm just glad the new server stood up to the number of requests it was getting, 10563 hits yesterday alone!

Guest Racerboy

wow thats alot of hits, i was like WTF when i looked last night, game on Equiliym :lol: but will you keep the top spot this time next week :unsure: who knows!!!!

Guest equiliym

wow thats alot of hits, i was like WTF when i looked last night, game on Equiliym :lol: but will you keep the top spot this time next week :unsure: who knows!!!!

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED xD maybe i should update both sense and miui like roms but i just cant find the time do to so :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lfernandes

you can extract the vending.apk from the gapps package that contains v3.1.3 on my cm7 thread until wooly sorts it out :)

Tanks, does that version works on 2.2 room?

• 2 months later...
Guest Racerboy

Wooly is there alot of maintainance / backingup / transfering going on with your server........any chance you can let us know whats happening and when raceroms will be back online......thx

Edited by Racerboy

Guest wooly_sammoth

Morning All,

Apologies for the delay in posting this.

I'd like to say that the downtime on raceroms was in tribute to Racerboys' Racer kicking the bucket, but I'd be lying.

My server was hacked on Friday morning. I don't think it was anything to do with any website in particular, just someone seeing an opportunity and taking it. I noticed it first when all my website files were made read-only, then the OS was corrupted.

I take nightly backups to a different location so thought I'd just wipe the server, start again and reload from the backups.

I wiped the server and then found that my backups were corrupted (first mistake, note to self: check backups before wiping server). On top of that, there seemed to be a never ending stream of things which meant that the server never really got back to where it was. For example, I ran an OS update which updated my grub version only to find that there is a little documented bug which meant that my specific grub version clashed with the specific grub version being run by my hosting company, meaning that the server wouldn't start after a re-boot. a few hours later, the server gets wiped again and we start again. This plus caring for the baby and working has made the last few days a bit of a headache

The good news is that I have an old backup of the site (old = about 2 months). I have also been able to repair most of the corrupted backup file so the ROMs are safe. FTP access should be working now but the site itself will be offline until the evening when I get a chance to check the server config one last time before loading the main backup and making the site live. If you find a ROM which should be there but isn't after I say the site is live, Apologies. I am now taking a lot more precautions re backups so should the same thing happen again, the recovery should be much speedier.

I took my time in posting this as I wanted to have at least an estimated time of when the site would be active again.

sammoth

Guest plegdroid

as always thank you, we do appreciate you have commitments and a life away from here, and this is done in your own time. no need to apologize ,but thanks again for your update regarding the matter :)

Guest Racerboy

Morning All,

Apologies for the delay in posting this.

I'd like to say that the downtime on raceroms was in tribute to Racerboys' Racer kicking the bucket, but I'd be lying.

hehe lol it was a national day of mourning !!!!

glad the site is getting on its feet again....if theres any files that need re-uploading thats not a problem...........

Guest wooly_sammoth

Evening,

Thanks for the understanding.

Raceroms is back online. If anyone finds a broken link post it up here and we'll see what can be done to fix it.

sammoth

• 2 months later...
Guest equiliym

i dont think racerboy will mirror those, if link dont work he will just reupload them, you should notify him if he doesnt see this :)

Guest Racerboy

@Daniel Frasca

ALL the links work fine for me (have downloaded and checked) as you can apprieciate i cant post mirrors for my roms, for stat purposes..........

• 2 years later...
Guest redhawkuk

The website isn't down it doesn't exist any more I believe the site owner decided to quit.

A warning would had been nice so I could archive some of the useful ROMs.

I don't suppose anyone has already bagged the whole lot on their hard drive??

Richard S.

Edited by redhawkuk