19 Aug Gr5 XXKH3: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (stock-style/vanilla) with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kayceejayh

Running KI8 / Gr7, so far so good. It's on the server now in it's base form so I need to make all the mods now! :D

P

Don't forget the expanded power menu without the percentage, option to remove the vibrate when connected to the charger and option to remove the 100% full battery notification. :) Thank ooooh :)

K

I've been using the anker battery on MIUI for ages, but noticed slightly shorter batery life than stock rom stock battery. Can not wait to flash this to make the most of the extended battery.

Guest Androidlover287

I've been using the anker battery on MIUI for ages, but noticed slightly shorter batery life than stock rom stock battery. Can not wait to flash this to make the most of the extended battery.

I just yesterday bought a anker 1900mah extended battery, They any good?, i am still waiting for mine to be shipped.

Well I flashed MIUI just as I bought it and havent noticed any difference, but hopefully that's because MIUI is guzzling through my battery. Will report back once Paul has kindly released this build

Guest jongrove

Running KI8 / Gr7, so far so good. It's on the server now in it's base form so I need to make all the mods now! :D

Looking forward to F5'ing the page and seeing the title change to "1? Oct Gr7 XXKI8" :rolleyes:

Edited by jongrove

I'm going to be starting a new topic today for Gr7 (KI8).

Here's how it's going to work - as always i'll be doing the development in a kitchen, starting with a very basic build then adding in the bits and pieces. What's different though is that at ~9am each weekday, assuming changes have been made the day before, i'll be refreshing the prebakes. So there will always be a relatively up to date prebake up to the point it is 'ready for release' and merged into the main Gr topic.

Sound like a plan?

P

Guest declanc

Here's how it's going to work - as always i'll be doing the development in a kitchen, starting with a very basic build then adding in the bits and pieces. What's different though is that at ~9am each weekday, assuming changes have been made the day before, i'll be refreshing the prebakes. So there will always be a relatively up to date prebake up to the point it is 'ready for release' and merged into the main Gr topic.

Sound like a plan?

P

Sounds good. Will flash as soon as there are kitchen options to remove the Samsung stuff..

Guest toniver

Sound like a plan?

P

+1 good

Guest travisb

I originally rooted my SII with Odin and SuperOneClick. I'm assuming I need to root again using the appropriate CF-Root kernel to get ClockworkMod Recovery, before baking?

Guest Junior Bear

once its rooted. you should just be able to just flash new software using clockwork mod. won't need to use odin again. that's surely for getting an initial root sorted for flashing.

might be wrong though

I originally rooted my SII with Odin and SuperOneClick. I'm assuming I need to root again using the appropriate CF-Root kernel to get ClockworkMod Recovery, before baking?

Yes, just flash any CF-Root Kernel.

Copy the baked ROM (.zip file) to the internal SD.

Reboot in to Recovery (CWM) and go to install update from SD.

Also best to do a factory reset from with CWM Recovery before installing.

Guest travisb

Yes, just flash any CF-Root Kernel.

Copy the baked ROM (.zip file) to the internal SD.

Reboot in to Recovery (CWM) and go to install update from SD.

Also best to do a factory reset from with CWM Recovery before installing.

Cheers Mujja

Guest travisb

No problem.

Forgot to mention, any CF-Kernel will do because this ROM "Include a customised version of CF-Root"

Interesting, does this mean I can use a more up to date kernel than my current - XWKE7?

Guest travisb

Ok, re-rooted and installed a baked rom. Only issue I've spotted is that when a call comes in, I have to swipe to view the number (the taskbar is highlighted in green). I'm using Launcher Pro and have a password lock on the phone, if that makes any difference.

Guest vladnosferatu

paul, is possible to odex the /system/framework/*.jar ?

because with a app dexopt-wrapper if we only do the system/app ite fails , right ?

but if we odex the jars, we have a lot of FC